Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t even know if it is the right place, but I asked my SA to change my Y’s exterior color from white to metallic blue, and he told me I can, but my car price will be changed to today’s price. I read some of you changed from LR to P at their order date price, but is this how it works when it’s the color??

My SA told me today that I cannot change from LR to P without the higher price and move to the back of the new line.

Reactions: JDEWD250
Woke up to my first EDD change.

Estimated Delivery: July 13 - August 24........FML

This is with a 8-14-21 order date and pending trade-in removed in January.

Beyond frustrated at this point mainly because I ordered this car (7-seater) because we were expecting our 4th baby and outgrew our model 3, then baby came early, and well....we can't go anywhere as a family because we don't all fit. Okay, rant over. I just want my car.
We ordered in October, 5 seater and we got pushed from June-July to July-Sept earlier this week 😭

I was charged the older price from last November, but I did not talk to any SA. My order still had the “edit design” option open so I could have changed to white interior, seven seater, or whatever I wanted. No way I was going to pay $68K for the MYP before taxes/fees/etc.
Its strange ..you must be lucky one. Enjoy your MYP. Generally whenever you make changes, they charge the price of the car and items as of that date and time.

I was charged the older price from last November, but I did not talk to any SA. My order still had the “edit design” option open so I could have changed to white interior, seven seater, or whatever I wanted. No way I was going to pay $68K for the MYP before taxes/fees/etc.
My online page doesn’t even have “ edit design “ option so I had to call SA.

My online page doesn’t even have “ edit design “ option so I had to call SA.
Mine actually didn’t either a couple months back. I was told older reservations didn’t have this option… not sure if that is true. So, I wanted to change it from a LR to a Performance thinking I would be put at the back of the queue for June and changed it at a Tesla test drive location. Then all of a sudden I got assigned a VIN next day so I called the 888# I complained I wanted to change back to a Long Range even if I was out at the end of the line. I got a cool rep at the end of the day like 645PM before their close and she “unlocked” the edit option for me. Since then I’ve never completed my profile until yesterday when I was ready to get the MYP.

Mine actually didn’t either a couple months back. I was told older reservations didn’t have this option… not sure if that is true. So, I wanted to change it from a LR to a Performance thinking I would be put at the back of the queue for June and changed it at a Tesla test drive location. Then all of a sudden I got assigned a VIN next day so I called the 888# I complained I wanted to change back to a Long Range even if I was out at the end of the line. I got a cool rep at the end of the day like 645PM before their close and she “unlocked” the edit option for me. Since then I’ve never completed my profile until yesterday when I was ready to get the MYP.
Thanks for the info. I will try calling 888# to see if they can “unlock” the edit design option.
My ODD is 3/1/22, so it is pretty new order so I was thinking older order has edit option.

New here and glad to be part of the community.

• Ordered: Model Y Performance on March 19th @ Century City Mall Tesla with an initial delivery date of June-August
  • March 26: I received a text from Tesla letting me know to complete my delivery profile on my account
  • March 27: Text from Tesla letting me know to schedule a delivery date that was tentative to arrival and inspection of the vehicle. 2 hours later a text from Tesla that I have been matched to a VIN and to schedule my delivery. After this I received a text from every hour reminding me to schedule or I would possible be skipped. So later that evening I scheduled it for March 30th.
  • March 28-30: scrambling to manage my financing since I wasn't ready and expecting to take delivery this early (thought I had a few months to plan). Between these dates had a lot of back and forth with tesla and the bank I can explain in another post or thread.
  • March 30: delivery is pushed to next day due to inspection
  • March 31: Delivery
I don't know 🤷🏻 how I got it so fast and people I know who have it and who are waiting for theirs are shocked how fast I got one. Also, to add when I was placing my order the person at Tesla said they 3 in stock, but I passed since they were all white interior. Does anyone know why?

New here and glad to be part of the community.

• Ordered: Model Y Performance on March 19th @ Century City Mall Tesla with an initial delivery date of June-August
  • March 26: I received a text from Tesla letting me know to complete my delivery profile on my account
  • March 27: Text from Tesla letting me know to schedule a delivery date that was tentative to arrival and inspection of the vehicle. 2 hours later a text from Tesla that I have been matched to a VIN and to schedule my delivery. After this I received a text from every hour reminding me to schedule or I would possible be skipped. So later that evening I scheduled it for March 30th.
  • March 28-30: scrambling to manage my financing since I wasn't ready and expecting to take delivery this early (thought I had a few months to plan). Between these dates had a lot of back and forth with tesla and the bank I can explain in another post or thread.
  • March 30: delivery is pushed to next day due to inspection
  • March 31: Delivery
I don't know 🤷🏻 how I got it so fast and people I know who have it and who are waiting for theirs are shocked how fast I got one. Also, to add when I was placing my order the person at Tesla said they 3 in stock, but I passed since they were all white interior. Does anyone know why?
There are a few things going in our favor:

1. MYP - Demand is much lower for this and has their highest margins so these get prioritized. Long range is not prioritized if they can sell a MYP instead.

2. You’re in SoCal, assuming Century City, and I’m in NorCal picking up at the Fremont which makes a huge difference. I can pick up same day or next, and it only takes 6 hours(ish) to transport the vehicle to SoCal.

3. End of quarter west coast is somewhat prioritized because they can ship and sell cars faster vs east coast transportation time.

There are a few things going in our favor:

1. MYP - Demand is much lower for this and has their highest margins so these get prioritized. Long range is not prioritized if they can sell a MYP instead.

2. You’re in SoCal, assuming Century City, and I’m in NorCal picking up at the Fremont which makes a huge difference. I can pick up same day or next, and it only takes 6 hours(ish) to transport the vehicle to SoCal.

3. End of quarter west coast is somewhat prioritized because they can ship and sell cars faster vs east coast transportation time.
Ahhh... I appreciate the explanation. Thank you

Other than adjusting driver side back door and driver door not shutting properly (gasket sticking out too far) everything was great. Easy pickup. Have an appt to fix it Monday. Fun times! I can def feel the power diff between the LR and P.
Sweet, when did you get yours? I had mine delivered on 03/29. My driver door is harder to close than the passenger... while it isn't serious, I did set up an appointment for Monday to have someone come out and fix it.

I accepted delivery 2 days ago. The car came with Ryzen and AS Michelin's. Did not come with mudflaps (I installed them yesterday) or PPF. The only real issue I noticed was with the driver door. It was noticeably harder to close than what I expected. It isn't a deal breaker, but I do have to put some oomph when I close it. Service is coming next week to fix, so no big deal.

I was thinking of getting PPF for the front bumper, but it wasn't budgeted and I don't like the idea of leaving the car at the shop for a day or two. 😒

The MYP is a freaking fun car to drive and reminds me of my younger years when I used to engage in fast driving activities in the Bay Area!

Attachments

• IMG_4083.jpg
    IMG_4083.jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4082.jpg
    IMG_4082.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: WiseSole
Just received a call an hour ago that there was a MYLR white 19" wheels available that someone was not able to take delivery for and i could take. I just changed my config on Fri to upgrade to 20's but they asked if i was okay being matched with this one. I did ask if it was rejected and they said no, but they did say it was noted that there is a dent on the fender. I decided to schedule delivery anyways since they will repair it down the road along with whatever other issues i find, confirmed that i can also reject it still once i see it if its really bad.

Sweet, when did you get yours? I had mine delivered on 03/29. My driver door is harder to close than the passenger... while it isn't serious, I did set up an appointment for Monday to have someone come out and fix it.
3/29 as well! They wanted to deliver yesterday but I said I can pick up Tuesday instead. Driver door is probably similar to my issue. The gasket pushed the window for a tight seal but protrudes a bit too far out. You can test this by opening the window and closing the door. Originally had mobile appt but they changed it to service center. Might have to remove entire gasket and replace.

Reactions: ink124
I recently changed my MYLR order to MYP because I was afraid Tesla will stop honoring OD prices after editing orders. I was hoping my EDD would bump sooner to Jun - Jul, but it bumped up too soon. My EDD is now Apr 3 - Apr 17, and I am not ready for the car this soon.

Someone from a SC (different from my intended delivery SC) reached out to me asking if I had any questions. I've tried to ask him twice to push my EDD further out, and both times, he just ignores me. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with different SA or push my EDD further out?