Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mylr5/ gemini /no tow or fsd/
OD 10/4

Edd was all over the place
Had few one month windows and then one 2 week window. Two days into two week it changed to further 2 week windows.
Two days into second two week window it changed to ten day window.
Two days into ten day window Vin assigned on 5/4. New Edd sits 5/5-5/10

Socal location

Reactions: jawnly211
Maybe on the same shipment. Picking up in Camarillo. Waiting for the vin so I can get my loan processed. So frustrating while the interest rates continue to climb.
I know!

Do you have a bank or credit union that you already have in mind, or are you likely going with Tesla?

With our Model 3 we originally had an approval with Pacific Oaks FCU, but then Tesla (through WF, then someone else that I'm forgetting at the moment) beat it, so we went that way.

Is your EDD still 5/12-6/2? My window started today until the 19th, but I haven't been hearing about P models being delivered, so I expect it to slip again.

I know!

Do you have a bank or credit union that you already have in mind, or are you likely going with Tesla?

With our Model 3 we originally had an approval with Pacific Oaks FCU, but then Tesla (through WF, then someone else that I'm forgetting at the moment) beat it, so we went that way.

Is your EDD still 5/12-6/2? My window started today until the 19th, but I haven't been hearing about P models being delivered, so I expect it to slip again.
I know!

We do have a credit Union premier America but if Tesla (WF,Chase or B of A can beat it that might be a option. I am just so hesitant to apply with the dates keep changing I don’t want the repeat hard credit checks so I’m waiting for the Vin to apply.
My current EDD is 5/12-6/9 hopefully it changes sold my other car few weeks ago so been ride sharing with the hubby. Miss my own car LOL!

Reactions: Winning Guy
We do have a credit Union premier America but if Tesla (WF,Chase or B of A can beat it that might be a option. I am just so hesitant to apply with the dates keep changing I don’t want the repeat hard credit checks so I’m waiting for the Vin to apply.
My current EDD is 5/12-6/9 hopefully it changes sold my other car few weeks ago so been ride sharing with the hubby. Miss my own car LOL!
Not sure if this means my edd is coming soon. Just got a text from Tesla asking if I have a trade in. If so to reply to the text with make, model and mileage of trade in and a sales rep would reach out to me. My edd still hasn’t changed though.

Reactions: Winning Guy
Not sure if this means my edd is coming soon. Just got a text from Tesla asking if I have a trade in. If so to reply to the text with make, model and mileage of trade in and a sales rep would reach out to me. My edd still hasn’t changed though.
The general consensus here seems to be that if you don't have a VIN yet to answer "no" even if you do have one. You can always change after.

I was told by SA that this text goes out when your internal EDD gets to ~21 days.

Trouble is the internal delivery EDD changes just like the date we see

Reactions: Linewifey
I got that call twice already... both trade-in offers expired because the EDD kept changing. From what I gather, the trade-in department is completely separate from order/delivery and has no influence over getting your new car delivered. I've seen posts by people mentioning that having a trade-in puts you further back in the queue because Tesla prioritizes orders for cash purchases. So, I am declining to give any trade-in info to keep my order as a "cash purchase" until a VIN is assigned. You can always switch after VIN is assigned.

I got the same text over a month ago. I think I messed up a fast delivery by saying “Yes.” I turned down their trade-in offer since it was $2k less that what I got from CarMax. It was less than 48 hours from their text to me declining their offer, but 3 days later my EDD bumped (and again, multiple times since then). Hope you don’t get treated the same. Good luck 🍀!

Reactions: Linewifey