Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad to see all the love for MYPs… Now how about some love for MYLRs?!
I think production switched to P this week. For a while all the VINs I was seeing were LR.

I do wonder if there is a consistent pattern of how long and how many they produce of each kind before switching or if it's something that changes due to real-time data.

It's kind of interesting that even though Tesla is so popular now, we're still in the early days. GigaAustin need to get up and running and even then Tesla will probably need to open 2 more.

Reactions: robeeen and PeteOC
To add to the data:

Got my VIN today
F440749

Model Y Performance
Blue with Black Interior
No Tow
No FSD

Closest SC: Camarillo, CA
EDD: May 10-14

OD as Long Range: October 10, 2021
Changed to Performance: April 22, 2022

Good luck to all of you with EDDs coming up!
Giving me hope! i changed to MYP 3 days after you. Fingers crossed!

To add to the data:

Got my VIN today
F440749

Model Y Performance
Blue with Black Interior
No Tow
No FSD

Closest SC: Camarillo, CA
EDD: May 10-14

OD as Long Range: October 10, 2021
Changed to Performance: April 22, 2022

Good luck to all of you with EDDs coming up!
Woohoo! Did you check the Tesla app on your phone? I believe that's where I found the "schedule delivery appointment" button. I clicked in and was given the choice between 2 time slots per day on Wed 5/11 and Thurs 5/12, (both within the 10-14 window). I picked 5/11 AM. Good luck everyone!

Just got the VIN

F446

May 11-15

Last time I had Tesla financing in place for my model 3. This time I chose cash option.

I’m going to call SA today to switch to financing…back in 2020, i had Tesla financing so everything was in place at pick up.

If I end up finding a better rate with my bank, how does that process work? Does the bank cut a check for the car and we hand that over at delivery?

Things are snowballing

Just got the VIN

F446

May 11-15

Last time I had Tesla financing in place for my model 3. This time I chose cash option.

I’m going to call SA today to switch to financing…back in 2020, i had Tesla financing so everything was in place at pick up.

If I end up finding a better rate with my bank, how does that process work? Does the bank cut a check for the car and we hand that over at delivery?

Things are snowballing
Just got my EDD changed to 5/16-5/30.We are financing through our credit union Premier America. The credit union told me lately it’s been a mixture but most people have opted to hand carry a check in to avoid any issues with the overnight delivery via FedEx. Now I just have to wait for the Vin number. Hopefully soon.

Reactions: jawnly211
Woohoo! Did you check the Tesla app on your phone? I believe that's where I found the "schedule delivery appointment" button. I clicked in and was given the choice between 2 time slots per day on Wed 5/11 and Thurs 5/12, (both within the 10-14 window). I picked 5/11 AM. Good luck everyone!
My app updated with the VIN a few minutes after I made that post.

I still have to input my insurance. I currently have Tesla Insurance on our Model 3, so waited until today so I could call and find out how much more the Y would be.

Reactions: robeeen
Tesla is beyond ridiculous. I got a call from a rep yesterday to confirm my account information because he said I was so close to delivery. I asked him if he was sure since they keep on pushing the dates. He said he was confident.

Today, Tesla pushed the dates to, get this, 8/11 - 9/22? What?

Also my loan app has since expired with Tesla so rates went from 2.75 to 2.99 now. Just great.

Well I'm back to a 5/9-5/22 date. Let's see if it holds this time.