Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3-13 week club checking in. I just spoke with an SA in Temecula...take this with a grain of salt, but she said based on her internal system I'm scheduled to take delivery the week of 6/14, I should have the VIN in one-two weeks, and I'll "definitely" get the car in June. 4/18 order.
Welp, I ordered almost a whole month behind you from Temecula. I had an original delivery est of Jun 14-30 and then Jun 22-30 and then I didn't have one at all or was the 3-11 week wait until this morning... saying Jun 19-30. I'm NOT holding out hope.

Reactions: papa coke zero
Much better news from the Carlsbad support team

“Hello Mike,

Good morning. Your car is expected to arrive at our center any day now. We appreciate your patience. Once it ships from our Fremont Factory you will receive an SMS update.

Thank You,”

im taking it with a grain of salt, still, and trying to see if they have a more defined “any day now” explanation. “Maybe by Wednesday” would be a lot nicer to hear than “in the next few weeks”

“Hello Mike,

Good morning. Your car is expected to arrive at our center any day now. We appreciate your patience. Once it ships from our Fremont Factory you will receive an SMS update.

Thank You,”

im taking it with a grain of salt, still, and trying to see if they have a more defined “any day now” explanation. “Maybe by Wednesday” would be a lot nicer to hear than “in the next few weeks”
“Mike,

We would say the next 3-5 days is reasonable. We're at the mercy of the factory and logistics once the car is built and ready. We'll be sure to get you in as soon as possible.

Thank You,”

“Hello Mike,

Thank You,”

I die a little inside anytime I read "in the next few weeks" on this forum.

Very good news! Called my local service center today, they said it is looking like June 1st is when they expect my car to be ready. Said even more likely that it is this coming week to take delivery! Im not gonna get my hopes up too much but wasn't expecting it until the end of June!
great news indeed! Costa Mesa? I ordered a day before you so maybe we'll get it same day!!

Reactions: CupitCrew
You have an SA that is very communicative - mine has not responded in days...
This isn’t actually my SA. They don’t reply. Neither does Utc support.
I emailed directly to [email protected]

just replace Carlsbad with your SC city name

I’m curious if others taking delivery from carslbad can message and see their response. If they match up we might be in a good place. I’d worry if we get different answers

Reactions: Chiu0nthls
Email response right away.
"You are on schedule for estimated first two weeks of June. The delivery team will reach out when the car is ready!"

If anyone else ordered from Walnut Creek, emailing order support is a quick way to get a response, just not sure how reliable the info is. [email protected]
I emailed them and the store leader replied and told me that my vehicle looks to be ready within 7-10 days.
Funny because this is the exact same information I got A WEEK AGO from Dublin SC.
Again, I call BS.

Well, today is Delivery Day! As a reminder, I test drove and ordered April 5th (Black ex/white int/19 wheels/tow hitch) ... along the way saw my delivery date move a couple of times from between April 28-May 5th ... all the way to a June 15-30 which bummed me big time.

Then, 2 days ago I received a text out of the blue and voila ... Tesla Y to be "delivered" May 28 between 9-6 p.m. (was always under the assumption i would need to p/u in like Burbank?). Via text I was asked if I wanted the Y placed on the street or in my driveway - kind of a cool feature, tbh.

2 days ago was the 1st time I saw my VIN in My Account ... so I rushed to add to my current Insurance plan (easy) ... and completed all necessary online paperwork for the vehicle to be delivered today. Reminded my wife that she now parks in the driveway and I get the garage ha ha ... that's a first in like 20 years!

Totally excited and will try to remember to post an update as to how the process went today.

DELIVERY HAPPENED AT 11:30 A.M. ... 2.5 hours into the 9 hour delivery window. Well done Tesla! Now if the plumber or AC folks can do the same ha ha. Holy cow this has been one wild journey. See above for ordering details.

So I received a text that my car had been dropped off in my driveway ... no calls, no people to meet. Wild. Race out front and there she is ... beauty. Didn't tell my wife I got white interior haha so it was a shock to her. But it's my car ;) ... I immediately upgraded to Premium Connectivity at $9.99 (what's another app subscription, right?). The only issue I had was figuring out the A/C ... took roughly 5 mins to get it cooling properly. Total human error, for sure.

Took my wife and her friend on a quick spin around the block and they flipped out at the rocket ship engine(?) that it is.

Lots of features & benefits that I need to figure out. I am not technically savvy.

This is a gift to myself for making through COVID while managing a family, giving back to those in need, and having driven the SAME car since 2008. Never knew I would ever get a Tesla or an electric vehicle for that matter.

So for the past 1.5 hours I have been a happy Tesla owner ha ha ...

Good luck to all ... and know that yours will be delivered soon enough ...

This isn’t actually my SA. They don’t reply. Neither does Utc support.
I emailed directly to [email protected]

just replace Carlsbad with your SC city name

I’m curious if others taking delivery from carslbad can message and see their response. If they match up we might be in a good place. I’d worry if we get different answers

I’ll also point out that Carlsbad likely has better info than the smaller sales centers.

UTC signature was “UTC leadership”

Carlsbad signature is “Tesla San Diego Delivery”