Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn’t be too worried. That’s on par with us other Burbank peeps that ordered in April. I found out yesterday they’ll be doing a home delivery for me though.
I was also allocated to the Burbank location and so I asked as well. Justin replied via email and said that I too am going to get home delivery.

I guess that saves me a good long drive to pick it up. Fingers crossed the build quality is up to snuff.

Reactions: phayze one
Think it's for army/veterans right

Yeah access is for service members and their families

FYI.... my dad was in the national guard, back in the 60’s/70’s and managed to get me enrolled. They were not usaa members themselves but had to get a membership to pass on access to me. So any loose relation will work, but yes military.

Last edited:
After getting my date moved up this morning to June 4 -June 24, order support just responded to me and made it sound like the car isn’t even slated for production yet (???):

“Good afternoon. We're optimistic in getting you a car this quarter, although it's still too early to tell definitively. The next week will be important to see if you car gets sequenced for production. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding.”

Last edited:
Has anyone that picked Burbank for pickup had it switched to drop off? Mines waiting for a firmware update before it’s ready but they said I can’t pick it up. they’ll drop it off at my house and I don’t need to be there…Just seems odd. We picked up our 3 at the SC a couple of years ago and wanted to do the same thing this time. What if there’s an issue with the car and they already dropped it off?

After getting my date moved up this morning to June 4 -June 24, order support just responded to me and made it sound like the car isn’t even slated for production yet (???):

“Good afternoon. We're optimistic in getting you a car this quarter, although it's still too early to tell definitively. The next week will be important to see if you car gets sequenced for production. We truly appreciate your patience and understanding.”
I was at the Burbank location today and this SA approached me and asked me if I need any help. Well, I said what the heck and I popped the good old question "Where is my car?" which I ordered on 04/20 so the SA asked for the phone number and etc and replied., "You will be getting your car by the end of June and congrats and welcome to the Tesla family!" I knew SA's response was a complete generic joke, I said thank you and left. Yes, there were many Model Ys, and 3 were being delivered and the buyers were inspecting the cars like there is no tomorrow.

Reactions: BGoodSD
Hey, who do you use for your tints. I’m picking up from Carlsbad too…well someday ;) White/black/FSD/Gem/7
Express vinyl wraps.

5933 sea lion place unit 103, Carlsbad

Ask for Jason. Tell him Mike from lemon grove sent you.

Just got back from colma. Picked up my w/w myp. Just a few flaws. nothing major that service can’t fix. There were A LOT of MYs of every color there so Bay Area folks should be getting there VIN
B39A827A-CA35-467F-8F28-4C2CCE832264.jpeg

Post delivery update:
MY was manufactured on 5/21. Delivery date 5/27 at Costa Mesa SC.
No panel gap issues.
Not surprised, there are some very minor paint flaws which I can touch up.
Before delivery they washed and waxed my car. Some overspray leaving tiny white dots on driver side interior door. Maybe paint or wax? Easily removed. Some leftover wax smears on the black trim exterior and front grill vents. Removed all.
Old headlights, 990 rear motor(so no Ghost upgrade to get MY Performance speed)
Old interior style front doors.
Heated steering wheel. Metal scroll knobs.
Included is a Tesla USB stick 128GB in the glovebox.
Laminated glass for front windows to help dampen the noise. This car is noticeably much quieter than my previous 2019 Model 3.

Car is beautiful, worth the wait!

Has anyone that picked Burbank for pickup had it switched to drop off? Mines waiting for a firmware update before it’s ready but they said I can’t pick it up. they’ll drop it off at my house and I don’t need to be there…Just seems odd. We picked up our 3 at the SC a couple of years ago and wanted to do the same thing this time. What if there’s an issue with the car and they already dropped it off?
I learned from an SA at Burbank that I was getting a home delivery but have no further details or even a VIN at this time.