Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now seeing “Estimated Delivery: September” on the Tesla site when placing an order.

Any thoughts on whether Model Ys “, even those of us currently waiting with potential August dates, would be “held” until September to show an even stronger end of quarter/month?
Doubt it. Strong end of quarter doesn’t matter. Strong quarter does - so it does Tesla no good to keep extra inventory parked in a lot. If the car is available and ready to deliver, they’ll get it out the door and money flowing into their business

Reactions: Greg007 and LSJR
Now seeing “Estimated Delivery: September” on the Tesla site when placing an order.

Any thoughts on whether Model Ys “, even those of us currently waiting with potential August dates, would be “held” until September to show an even stronger end of quarter/month?
I can't speak to what your delivery will actually be, if you're showing August, but there is not financial incentive for Tesla to hold your car. You hear about end of quarter numbers because that's the cutoff for when they look at them - but they are counting all sales that took place in that quarter. Good luck!

Reactions: Greg007 and LSJR
I can't speak to what your delivery will actually be, if you're showing August, but there is not financial incentive for Tesla to hold your car. You hear about end of quarter numbers because that's the cutoff for when they look at them - but they are counting all sales that took place in that quarter. Good luck!
Makes sense. Thanks! And Good Luck to you, also!

Reactions: Emmadiane
who else has my same config in SoCal and ordered in April? Picking up in Costa Mesa. MY LR AWD
  • White exterior
  • Black interior
  • 20" Induction
  • 5 seat
  • No tow hitch
  • No FSD
Ordered 4/19. Profile/Payment/submitted complete 4/19. EDD is June 12-June 30. No VIN. No Blue Button. Ordered online.

Last edited:

So the condensed answer is that it can really be the luck of the draw.

The long answer lies in how Tesla handles their production and deliveries in a given quarter (or at least is perceived to). If you look at this quarter (April through June), deliveries were only trickling in nationwide for the first 6 weeks or so. Part of it we think was due to parts shortages plus the removal of radar. But if you look at Q1, it wasn’t that different. The issue is that once deliveries start ramping up, they prioritize the East Coast, then South and Midwest, and finally the West Coast (which is what we’re seeing right now). With the trickle deliveries in the first half of the quarter, they were prioritizing those who had ordered in the previous quarter, but there were still plenty of people who ordered in early March (and even some in February) who didn’t get their car till late May or June.

So honestly it’s anyone’s guess. But I think there would be a genuine concern that if you don’t get your car by the end of June, it could be another month or two. But every quarter can be different…

Another day of waiting... My EDD is now 6/12 - 6/23, the only good news is that even though the start slips by one day every day, lately the end date of 6/23 has held. (ordered 4/11 MYLR white) I'm optimistic for a June delivery for all of us!

@sw94117 the blue looks awesome!! I sort of regret ordering white, but too late to change now. At this point, after waiting so long I'll take a Y of any color!

who else has my same config in SoCal and ordered in April? Picking up in Costa Mesa. MY LR AWD
  • White exterior
  • Black interior
  • 20" Induction
  • 5 seat
  • No tow hitch
  • No FSD
Ordered 4/19. Profile/Payment/submitted complete 4/19. EDD is June 12-June 30. No VIN. No Blue Button. Ordered online.
Exact same configuration and I'm in OC too ordered 4/21.

Wouldn’t charging the car during the day be the cheapest since that when you’re producing? Obviously it may not be as convenient…
Absolutely not. I sell for .50 kwh during peak. I buy back at .13 kwh overnight. 1 hour of peak generation is equivalent to 11kwh consumption overnight based on my solar array. So for each hour I generate during the day I basically get 1 hour of charging overnight for free.