Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So how does that work? I went to the showroom yesterday and the SA was stressing that if I did find one in inventory it would be based on the current price of the car. Since I ordered back in March the price has gone up 2500. So i presume your order was just so recent the price on the current vehicle isn’t that much of an impact versus when you first ordered?
So it does appear because I ordered April 23rd, I'm paying $1,500 more. Boooo. I will talk to my SA and see if anything can be done about that. I won't hold my breath tho. I'll update if he can work some magic. ☺️

Got some really good info from someone at the SC I called. There are like 4 different places in their system where they can try to get info about your car based on your RN. He felt really strongly that given my specific range in June that I will get my order (4/22 order). My outside date was 6/29 and he said you get the VIN when the car is being assembled in Fremont but the blue button doesnt appear until the car is in transit (I think he may have said delivered to the SC) I asked if I should be looking at inventory cars and he said that I am so close and I should expect a vin "this week". Big grain of salt, but he seemed really confident.
I got my blue button and vin yesterday.. Here's to hoping its sitting at my SC getting a full charge for me lol

Reactions: Emmadiane
congrats! The SA can give you more details for the delivery process. You should talk to them. It should take no more than a couple days for them to have your car ready specially if its in your area. I think I should have done that with my original order too, put it on hold for the next Y.🤔
Thanks! My SA said the car is in Fremont and will probably start it's journey tomorrow.

Reactions: Mulkogi
Oh my gosh, I'm shaking like a leaf! 🤯So I just happened to check existing inventory and there was my car (my config I should say) with the exception that it also had the tow which I didn't have on my original. Anyway, I quickly clicked on buy now and went through the process. I can't believe it. My SA quickly texted me saying, "hey I saw your order, congrats!" I told him, I did it so quickly I forgot to check the milage on it. He said it has 2.7 miles on it. ☺️So I have a vin and now I guess I just wait on delivery details?? I'm not cancelling my other order in case this one somehow goes into the Tesla void. Sheesh, I think I need to go lay down now. 🤣
The things we do to get our hands on our cars we order these days it is unbelievable.
Congrats.

I don't need to add proof of insurance (or buy Tesla insurance) until I hear back on a delivery date, correct? I have an estimate between June 16-21. Ordered mid April. Didn't complete tasks until a few days ago (had my delivery on hold per my request to my SA).

Key Features
Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Full Self-Driving Capability
Performance Upgrade
Five Seat Interior
Tow Hitch
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Performance Pedals
Performance Brakes

Reactions: YsaVibe
In Orange County now. So close to my config, but I have white int and induction wheels.

New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 5.31.32 PM.png

Last edited: