Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally ended up catching an inventory model (not demo) which matched all the specs but with a tow hitch.. My SA didn't answer my call but I have emailed her to make the relevant changes to my previous order and match it to the new one. Let's see what happens and wait for it. Thank you every one for all the support and ideas :)
Do you know if they can match the original price + cost of the tow hitch in a case like this? Or will you pay the current price if the inventory car is not an exact match to your config?

Do they prioritize cars if your Tesla financing is about to expire for purchase? I ordered 4/24, completed financing/license/insurance 5/14 (my SA said it wouldn't matter if I hadn't completed my profile), so my financing only valid until 7/14..EDD is July 23-Aug 14 currently.
I’m pretty sure you have to at minimum put in the license and registration details in order for your order to be considered “started”. At least that’s what my SA told me when I ordered. He said to get the address and registration info in ASAP…financing and insurance could wait.

When does the Tesla financing expire? I don’t think I see an expiration date.
The expiration date doesn't show in our accounts, which is weird. I only learned through the forums here that it will expire in 60 days if you went through Tesla. I personally reached out to my SA and she led me through the process of reapplying (which was easy, she just let the finance team know and they ran another credit check). The finance department reset my account and I had to go into my account to approve their offer like I did when I first ordered the car.

• Informative
Reactions: Whitebeard
It's funny, because I spoke to my SA at the Burbank facility yesterday and he told me that he can't give me any updates on a delivery time until I receive a VIN on my account page. No mention of matching VINs to orders after they complete the delivery checklist. Maybe that just means that they don't have any cars that match my specs on hand?

He did say he was hopeful I would get the car within the next two weeks as they are receiving a lot of cars at the end of the quarter, but also said he can't guarantee that since they oversold for this quarter.
Lol so the SA basically gets your hopes up but then negates it. It’s like that one friend that gives you advice and then ends with “but I don’t know though…”