Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All right got a hold of someone at Burbank. Not so good news:

He said most white model Ys are being delivered in July. My order is showing in his system as early to mid July although they are going to aim for VINS/deliveries first week of July. I told him that I will be traveling for work through mid July and he said that would push my order back to mid August early September.

The potential workaround to that is to have my assigned SA put me on a priority list which helps "jump" the queue. But he said it isn't guaranteed.

Either way I think it's time to just be resigned to the fate that the car will show up whenever its meant to be....And I will take a guess that any open soCal April orders are also looking at July delivery

Just FYI… Bay Area folks.. have a few friends that works for Tesla.. a few of them told me that Tesla are asking employees If any would volunteer to help home deliveries at this SC locations
Colma
Dublin
Rocklin
Corte Madera
Fremont
Vallejo
Stockton
between 6/26-6/30..

Hope you all get your car soon!!! 🤞🏼
I don't work for Tesla, and I'll ****ing volunteer.

He said most white model Ys are being delivered in July. My order is showing in his system as early to mid July although they are going to aim for VINS/deliveries first week of July. I told him that I will be traveling for work through mid July and he said that would push my order back to mid August early September.

The potential workaround to that is to have my assigned SA put me on a priority list which helps "jump" the queue. But he said it isn't guaranteed.

Either way I think it's time to just be resigned to the fate that the car will show up whenever its meant to be....And I will take a guess that any open soCal April orders are also looking at July delivery
This is the worst news! Thanks for sharing.
It is ridiculous that even after overdue order EDD dates and the June text they are saying July. I’m assuming mine is on the same time frame as yours since we have similar order dates and builds.
So disappointing.

Last edited:

That would make some sense that Tesla is now doing runs of other colors at the moment, seems like it was mostly white & silver cars being delivered a week or two ago (based on what I was seeing in this thread). Finally started seeing more people with Blue orders getting VINs & delivery dates within the past few days on here.

This is the worst news! Thanks for sharing.
It is ridiculous that even after overdue order EDD dates and the June text they are saying July. I’m assuming mine is on the same time frame as yours since we have similar order dates and builds.
So disappointing.

Unfortunately, this sounds about right to me. I have the same build as you and someone at the MDR delivery center told me 3rd week of July - this was about a week ago. My EDD now shows July 5-25.

Reactions: Wishingwell
I just learned that our "SA" is not the same person as the person that did our test drive in the showroom. So that makes sense.
Talked to them about my financing. They gave me the impression that black wasn't being produced right now either. So I think that theory may be true.
Who really knows though. EDD is at mid July to August. I'm going to just guess it'll be then and anything earlier is a bonus.

I just learned that our "SA" is not the same person as the person that did our test drive in the showroom. So that makes sense.
Talked to them about my financing. They gave me the impression that black wasn't being produced right now either. So I think that theory may be true.
Who really knows though. EDD is at mid July to August. I'm going to just guess it'll be then and anything earlier is a bonus.
I sure hope that’s not the case! I was told yesterday my build was scheduled for 6/26. Then again I’ve been told a lot of things since mid April 😡

Finally got a VIN! And a delivery date of tomorrow! And delivery to home! Woooo!

All this after Tesla showed an EDD of June 27-30 as of this morning, but my SA wrote me a text indicating that I hadn’t been matched but they were working on it. Then I got a bunch of texts and calls indicating that they found a car and could get it to me tomorrow. 😳 Whatever - happy to have resolution!

order date: 4/3
MYLR White / Black, autopilot, no tow