Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a SR+ May 30th, 2021. Midnight Silver. Showed a 4-14 week delivery time, and the range stayed pretty steady at July 5th-July 30th. I’m in Monterey

On June 22, it switched to a delivery range of June 24-30th. Waited...waited...then yesterday (June 27th) it switched to show September delivery timeframe. I decided it'd show up when it would show up, and I was going to stop checking.

Three hours later, I got a text to schedule delivery - on June 30th.

I tried to do so through the Tesla calendar - but the calendar actually showed June 30th as being a Monday. June 30th is a Wednesday. 🤣 (I hope whoever coded the page for the calendar didn't program my car...ha).

I called to schedule , and I have a VIN and pickup appointment scheduled June 30th. They did say the car is actually still finishing in production, but they are trying to get them assigned and delivered to folks close as quickly as possible. I live about an hour and a half from Fremont, so I could see the short turnaround working (I hope).

As of today, still no payment instructions (will be cash), and no response from my SA. They’re probably slammed with the end of quarter push.

Anywho. That's my update - and fingers crossed!

Reactions: DJ99
Talked with SA and was told there was a delay and "the factory" is now saying delivery July 16. I'm not sure if this means anything, but this is the first time I was told this information is coming directly from the factory.
Where did you order from? I ordered from Glendale and an SA told me on Saturday that she could tell that my car was scheduled to be built the first week of July, so maybe that corroborates your timeline?

Where did you order from? I ordered from Glendale and an SA told me on Saturday that she could tell that my car was scheduled to be built the first week of July, so maybe that corroborates your timeline?
Use this link to add it to your signature, so you don't need to answer the same Q's over and over. https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/account/signature

Also, if you rotate your chrome browser, signatures of other members will show up too.

Reactions: noah-ny-la
but it's used though...
it's not used. They never added a registration on the car, so they DO NOT consider it used. 2nd, the demo vehicle is priced at the current settings at the current market value. Which from March 28th has gone from 49,990 to 52,990 - yes the price of the MYLR base (white, black, no fsd, 19 inch 5 seater) has gone up.

Those that happen to have orders that date back prior to May have to decide if the additional 3K is worth getting the car now or to continue waiting. Those that ordered their car after May have a smaller "increase" in pay and some are willing to pay the premium for "now".

So... I saw a Y with the same configuration as my order that keeps getting pushed BUT the only difference is it has FSD but I decided to go for it and purchase it.
Do I have to cancel my other order?

Contact your SA .... they can attach the new car to your existing RN number so you do not have to re-do any paperwork. Also, if you do not want the FSD, they can remove it (they did for me).

Edit: But I did lose the original $100 deposit going this same route.

One thought,
What determines you can have home delivery or SC pick up or only option given by Tesla account page?
Wondering if it's just requested thing
Distance from the DC. I was just outside the delivery range, but since I was going to be out of town and couldn’t be there to hit my 3 day window they made an exception to deliver. If you have a trade in you don’t qualify for home delivery.

I ordered a SR+ May 30th, 2021. Midnight Silver. Showed a 4-14 week delivery time, and the range stayed pretty steady at July 5th-July 30th. I’m in Monterey

On June 22, it switched to a delivery range of June 24-30th. Waited...waited...then yesterday (June 27th) it switched to show September delivery timeframe. I decided it'd show up when it would show up, and I was going to stop checking.

Three hours later, I got a text to schedule delivery - on June 30th.

I tried to do so through the Tesla calendar - but the calendar actually showed June 30th as being a Monday. June 30th is a Wednesday. 🤣 (I hope whoever coded the page for the calendar didn't program my car...ha).

I called to schedule , and I have a VIN and pickup appointment scheduled June 30th. They did say the car is actually still finishing in production, but they are trying to get them assigned and delivered to folks close as quickly as possible. I live about an hour and a half from Fremont, so I could see the short turnaround working (I hope).

As of today, still no payment instructions (will be cash), and no response from my SA. They’re probably slammed with the end of quarter push.

Anywho. That's my update - and fingers crossed!
SR+? This is a Model Y waiting room...

How come a demo vehicle is more expensive than what I ordered? There is about $2000 difference.

Because your sig says you ordered on 5/15, when the price at the time was $2000 cheaper than the current price now.

The prices listed on Tesla's website reflects the current selling price on their cars, and they may slightly discount that on demo cars but it won't be much (maybe a couple hundred bucks). However, they're still going off of today's Tesla pricing for their selling price, and that's why you see the $2k difference in price compared to your order.