Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Technically our 4th. Started by buying a model S, then the 3, sold the S, got an X. Now selling the 3 (almost done) and getting a Y. I may have a problem.
Ha! My lease is coming up in a few weeks. We'll both have problems if we don't have a car soon.

Btw, who do you use to sell the cars? Or you just shop for the most competitive offer at the time: Carmax, Carvana, Vroom, etc?

Ha! My lease is coming up in a few weeks. We'll both have problems if we don't have a car soon.

Btw, who do you use to sell the cars? Or you just shop for the most competitive offer at the time: Carmax, Carvana, Vroom, etc?

Technically, I was supposed to trade in the 3 to Tesla. Just for kicks, went to Carmax and Carvana, but they came in $2K lower than Tesla. I have a pending offer from someone through Facebook Marketplace. I also sold the S through FB too.

Technically, I was supposed to trade in the 3 to Tesla. Just for kicks, went to Carmax and Carvana, but they came in $2K lower than Tesla. I have a pending offer from someone through Facebook Marketplace. I also sold the S through FB too.
Out of curiosity did you have full self driving on your 3? It seems like Tesla get their cars back and add full self driving and charge more for them.

For those who called Tesla to get their original pricing on an inventory model (with the exact same config as the original) purchased after a price hike, how did that work? I called the Marina Del Rey SC and they said they've never done that for anybody, even on exact same configs. Seems contrary to what other people have experienced!

Just curious to see how many people in CA have a placed an order and are waiting for a VIN. If you don't mind sharing your build details and dates. Thanks!
Ordered M Y LR blue over black on May 7 for a straight cash purchase. Orig est delivery 6-24 to 6-30. Subsequent changes to 7-3 to 7-23, then 6-27 to 6-30, and now September. I live 75 miles south of the Fremont plant and on a recent road trip saw numerous car carrying trailer trucks full of new Teslas heading to I-5, unsure of their ultimate N or S heading.

For those who called Tesla to get their original pricing on an inventory model (with the exact same config as the original) purchased after a price hike, how did that work? I called the Marina Del Rey SC and they said they've never done that for anybody, even on exact same configs. Seems contrary to what other people have experienced!
I concur. Got the same message from my SA too, so I'm just as confused when others were able to only lose $100 and quit the EDD game.

I've resigned myself I'll get the car mid-July but 4 or 5 days ago my EDD was June 27-30 and since then September. We all know there are parts shortages and we need to be understating of the situation, however, these dates are so all over the place. I think we would all appreciate an update saying "At this point we are not sure of your EDD because of the parts shortages and when we are able to get a better handle on deliveries we will reach out to you"

My delivery was scheduled for today (06/29) but just got a text that the car is still in Fremont and they rescheduled delivery for tomorrow (06/30). Anyone else in Burbank or SoCal have a similar situation?
My VIN is 212xxx which I am assuming has been built for some time now so just a little surprised it hasn’t made its way down yet. They have received my full payment for the car so I guess they have their $$ for end of quarter so no rush to get me my car. 😩

My delivery was scheduled for today (06/29) but just got a text that the car is still in Fremont and they rescheduled delivery for tomorrow (06/30). Anyone else in Burbank or SoCal have a similar situation?
My VIN is 212xxx which I am assuming has been built for some time now so just a little surprised it hasn’t made its way down yet. They have received my full payment for the car so I guess they have their $$ for end of quarter so no rush to get me my car. 😩
i picked up a 218 2 days ago. I’m guessing it is on the SC property. Just hasn’t been inspected yet. My guess it doesn’t clear the factory until the inspection and software updated are completed