Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered July 3, East Bay Area
MYP white/white, 21", 5 seat, no FSD/tow
Current EDD: 7-11 weeks (after being 9/11-9/30, 7/12-7/23, 7/13-7/23, 7/24-8/6, 7/30-8/13, 7/17-7/30...now stuck on 7-11 weeks for 3 days)

SA has been hit or miss, responds probably 50% of the time (have only contacted her 3 or so times though). After seeing some of you on here who have been waiting since May and now have August-September EDDs I'm really questioning whether mine will be here by the end of September as they originally estimated...

Ordered July 3, East Bay Area
MYP white/white, 21", 5 seat, no FSD/tow
Current EDD: 7-11 weeks (after being 9/11-9/30, 7/12-7/23, 7/13-7/23, 7/24-8/6, 7/30-8/13, 7/17-7/30...now stuck on 7-11 weeks for 3 days)

SA has been hit or miss, responds probably 50% of the time (have only contacted her 3 or so times though). After seeing some of you on here who have been waiting since May and now have August-September EDDs I'm really questioning whether mine will be here by the end of September as they originally estimated...
MYPs are being pushed out quicker

I hope you're right but my EDD getting pushed so far back, especially after being so soon, discouraged me...I see you ordered a few days after me, what's your current EDD if you don't mind me asking?
8/1 - 8/21, the SA looked up my status and told me “waiting for car to be matched” which means it’s in final stages of production.

Hoping the best for you! Have your SA look into the status in their system for you. Don’t call the local delivery center, call the SA assigned to your order.

Reactions: onyxbanx
8/1 - 8/21, the SA looked up my status and told me “waiting for car to be matched” which means it’s in final stages of production.

Hoping the best for you! Have your SA look into the status in their system for you. Don’t call the local delivery center, call the SA assigned to your order.
ah you're so lucky! my SA has been somewhat unresponsive, responds to some emails but no texts...I'll try to give her a call today. hoping for the best for you as well!! :)

Reactions: bawertu2220
I have found MY LR is taking much longer to deliver due to high demand for this model while the MY Perf is delivered faster due to less demand. Not that it is a bad vehicle just the Perf model only appeals to a certain car buyer.
hate to burst your bubble but this is "known". They even give the estimated, and i stress estimated dates of delivery. It seems the more you spend on the car the quicker you'll get it. So MYLR, with all the bells and whistles (different interior color, tow, bigger rims, and then the biggest kicker FSD) seem to get priority over the basic standard order.

I have found MY LR is taking much longer to deliver due to high demand for this model while the MY Perf is delivered faster due to less demand. Not that it is a bad vehicle just the Perf model only appeals to a certain car buyer.
well they've told me it'll be the end of september for my 7/3 MYP order so I wouldn't be too sure of that...my EDD just went up to 7-11 weeks and has been stuck there for three days

This is a known issue, but right now my 6 month old LR order currently has the exact same EDD as my 1 week old Perf order, so it appears they may be getting built in the same batch for a possible late-Aug delivery time.

Looks like a lot of people are getting "October" for their EDD. That's possibly a good sign that your cars are getting built this week or next, and will most likely start hitting the delivery centers by the end of next week or by month's end. Then when the car is just about completed at Freemont, or is in transit to the delivery center, that's when you'll probably see your EDD update with a smaller window around the end of the month

Of course this could be all speculation, but that's been the current trend for the past year now with Model Y orders & deliveries, and I've seen quite a few of them on here while waiting for my car.

Looks like a lot of people are getting "October" for their EDD. That's possibly a good sign that your cars are getting built this week or next, and will most likely start hitting the delivery centers by the end of next week or by month's end. Then when the car is just about completed at Freemont, or is in transit to the delivery center, that's when you'll probably see your EDD update with a smaller window around the end of the month

Of course this could be all speculation, but that's been the current trend for the past year now with Model Y orders & deliveries, and I've seen quite a few of them on here while waiting for my car.
I really hope you are right. Had been on the October delivery wagon for nearly a week now I am on the 1 day push. Was July 23 - August 12

Now Estimated Delivery: July 24 - August 12​

Reactions: JustYNot