Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So. It's only been a week since placing my order. A week of reading forum posts. And a week of never getting any replies from my SA for additional information. A week of no one in the sales office picking up the phone, ever. A week of eye-opening reality of what I've gotten into. And after only a week I'm honestly not certain I have the tolerance or patience for this level of uncertainty, ghosting, and shrugged shoulders. Learning that I have to please "the algorithm" was the first red flag. And a week of many red flags.

I think I've made a mistake.
All depends on what your expectations are...don't expect much from your SA. Hopefully you aren't in dire need of your MY, because it isn't coming soon, and your SA doesn't know any more than you do. That's the reality that we are all facing right now.

jumping in since i read another thread about the 7 seater builds getting delayed.

Ordered 5/29 MYLR White/Black, 20in. 7 seats, No Tow, No FSD. Current EDD Sept 12-30.

SA has been pretty responsive but i don't bother him much. Told me he sees that i should be taking delivery by end of august (Buena Park). who knows at this point. Had EDD's as early as july 21st.
Where'd you hear there was a delay on 7 seaters? I ordered 5/30 also for pick up in Buena Park current EDD August 23- September 12 (been as early as mid-June and as late as October). Blue/White/ Induction/ 7 Seats/ No tow/ no FSD

Where'd you hear there was a delay on 7 seaters? I ordered 5/30 also for pick up in Buena Park current EDD August 23- September 12 (been as early as mid-June and as late as October). Blue/White/ Induction/ 7 Seats/ No tow/ no FSD
from here - Tesla Y 7 seater delays thread. haven't asked my SA yet about it.
Just a small update from what I've heard from regional and local. 7 seaters have been pushed to November for delivery. Not thrilled, but we need the 7 seats.

That sucks I really wanted to get solar from them. It’s sad they have an attitude like that. They should appreciate any and all business coming to them.
If you watched the earnings call last night you may be a little bummed. Basically Elon said there are already a ton of orders for solar/powerwall in the queue - he said they are prioritizing batteries and chips for cars ahead of powerwall/solar, so when you see horrible delays in vehicle production and delivery (welcome to the past several months) you can be sure that the delays in solar/powerwall will be even worse.

I would love solar roof/powerwall to go with my model Y, but it is going to be a wait I am sure.

Reactions: Suhleese
If you watched the earnings call last night you may be a little bummed. Basically Elon said there are already a ton of orders for solar/powerwall in the queue - he said they are prioritizing batteries and chips for cars ahead of powerwall/solar, so when you see horrible delays in vehicle production and delivery (welcome to the past several months) you can be sure that the delays in solar/powerwall will be even worse.

I would love solar roof/powerwall to go with my model Y, but it is going to be a wait I am sure.
Glad you shared I have solar with them and was just talking about powerwall so guess that shall wait.

Reactions: Suhleese
Today I went to Dublin Tesla, the guy in front checked my order(not my sale), he showed me my vehicle ETA to VRL date is July 31st. He said my car will deliver to Dublin on July 31, I can get my car probably at August 1st.

And one week before I went to Walnut Creek the guy said my date is July 31- August 2, so I trust them. Haha!

I hope you are right! My order was about 20 days after yours, so if you get your car Aug 1, then that mean's I can hope for around Aug. 20 (SoCal, so maybe add 3 days). I would take that over my current EDD window that starts 8/24.

Estimated Delivery: August 02 - August 22

2021 Model Y Performance LR Black/White/No FSD/No Hitch
Ordered: 6/30

Fingers crossed I get this car by mid-August...
weird -- I ordered my MYP a few days after you in norcal and my EDD is 07/28-08/07. maybe because mine is white/white? fingers crossed we both get our cars by mid-august..

Reactions: vicfosho