Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Available now…

Attachments

• C315E7C7-671F-47B3-9BBA-65A0A3567CA0.png
    C315E7C7-671F-47B3-9BBA-65A0A3567CA0.png
    364.1 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: tokyovja
Just speculating but I cannot stop thinking that these inventory cars are rejects. Might be totally wrong but if someone does not accept the car where does it go? My thoughts are these are the cars someone else didn’t want.
I think so too. It is important that when we get a VIN number assigned, to make sure that it is very current. For example, YForMeee got 243xxx for
MYP White with White / no FSD/ no tow. So if anyone is getting a 21xxxx number here in California, then it probably had something wrong with it.

The only tricky bit is if Shanghai starts exporting cars to California. In the VIN code, Fremont=F, Shanghai=C. L=2020, M=2021. e.g. 5YJY#####MF243xxx

If anyone gets a VIN that is far out of the usual range, look for the "F" or "C" to confirm which factory it came from. This post, and subsequent discussion, indicates that Shanghai is making LHD cars (left-hand drive). 2021 Shipping Movements (post #1924)

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton

I think so too. It is important that when we get a VIN number assigned, to make sure that it is very current. For example, YForMeee got 243xxx for
MYP White with White / no FSD/ no tow. So if anyone is getting a 21xxxx number here in California, then it probably had something wrong with it.

The only tricky bit is if Shanghai starts exporting cars to California. In the VIN code, Fremont=F, Shanghai=C. L=2020, M=2021. e.g. 5YJ######MF243xxx

If anyone gets a VIN that is far out of the usual range, look for the "F" or "C" to confirm which factory it came from. This post, and subsequent discussion, indicates that Shanghai is making LHD cars (left-hand drive). 2021 Shipping Movements (post #1924)

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: December
DC: Stockton
Great info to share - thanks! For those who have bought existing inventory online, at what point in the purchase process do you get to see the VIN? After it is too late (i.e. deposit in, existing order cancelled/replaced)?

That went quick!
I just saw it in inventory again.

Pro tip to anybody trying to find existing inventory - things pop up and disappear intermittently, if somebody posts in here that there is something available and you click and it’s not there, that doesn’t mean it’s taken. If you keep refreshing and navigating back to the page, you may see it pop up again. I was able to click Buy Now on that red one just one minute ago. Obviously I’m not buying it - but just a tip.

Reactions: MTBevrider
So let’s say you find an inventory car yet you have one on order. How do you transfer the inventory car to your account so you can buy it? All my financing and order docs are in relation to the new order so is it easy to transfer to the inventory car?

I just saw it in inventory again.

Pro tip to anybody trying to find existing inventory - things pop up and disappear intermittently, if somebody posts in here that there is something available and you click and it’s not there, that doesn’t mean it’s taken. If you keep refreshing and navigating back to the page, you may see it pop up again. I was able to click Buy Now on that red one just one minute ago. Obviously I’m not buying it - but just a tip.
Thanks, yeah I’m not buying it either. I was refreshing for about 35 min and still didn’t see it. Someone grabbed it super fast!

So let’s say you find an inventory car yet you have one on order. How do you transfer the inventory car to your account so you can buy it? All my financing and order docs are in relation to the new order so is it easy to transfer to the inventory car?

Wondering the same thing - thanks for asking. ^

You need to call your SA and have them lock your profile to match with a inventory car if available.

Just got my VIN a few hours ago (240xxx)!

For the past few days, my EDD had been slipping a day at a time. As of this morning, it was 8/3-8/13. However, around 4:30pm, I refreshed the dashboard and noticed the EDD was showing 7-9 weeks, which I thought was odd for the EDD to update in the middle of the day. I took a look at the source code and it contained a VIN even thought it was not available on the main page. I reloaded the page after dinner and the VIN was posted on the main page and the EDD had been updated to 8/2-8/6.

Haven't heard anything yet from my SA or Tesla. Safe to assume someone will be reaching out soon to schedule delivery (Bay area)?

There is light at the end of the tunnel! Hang in there y'all!