Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered an MYLR Pearl White, Black Interior, No Towing, No FSD on 7/1, received my VIN on 7/27, and since then, my EDD has extended four times. At the end of the first estimate, it moved to the next week, and this pattern has continued. I thought the average time to delivery from VIN was approximately 11 days per Teslike's sheet. We're going on 20 now.

An associate at a store told me last week that my car was in Burbank (I live in Los Angeles). Still nothing from them. Anyone else experience this?
How do you get a VIN in 26 days after order? I ordered mine on 5/6 (+104 days) and still no VIN, EDD as of today is 9/23-9/30.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suhleese
I ordered an MYLR Pearl White, Black Interior, No Towing, No FSD on 7/1, received my VIN on 7/27, and since then, my EDD has extended four times. At the end of the first estimate, it moved to the next week, and this pattern has continued. I thought the average time to delivery from VIN was approximately 11 days per Teslike's sheet. We're going on 20 now.

An associate at a store told me last week that my car was in Burbank (I live in Los Angeles). Still nothing from them. Anyone else experience this?
You got a VIN already????? Wow.

I ordered on 7/23, but didn’t realize my profile wasn’t complete for a week or so. Got my EDD about a week ago, but it’s already slipped several times. Right now it’s at 11/19-12/9. FYI, I don’t have a VIN yet. I’m in the bay are about 30 mins from Fremont.

What’s your vin series and have you added your info to the spreadsheet?

You got a VIN already????? Wow.
I'm grateful. Looking at the Teslike sheet, I can see I'm not alone in that regard. Nothing about Tesla makes sense when it comes to the ordering process and delivery timeline, but like most of us, I was aware of that coming into this. I'm just wondering if the wait after being assigned a VIN is typically this long. I spoke to my SA the same day the VIN was assigned. He said the VIN plate had just been printed, and they were still making the car. He said the car should be off the line by the end of the week. Since then it's just been an extension game and I've been told delivery should be in the next week or so. Someone confirmed my car is now in the area, so I'm just trying to ascertain if this is at all normal post-VIN.

Reactions: AlB3
Annndd it’s gone.
I'm curious if it was actually available.

I should have taken a screenshot, but the link showed "In Transit To Orange County". I wonder if there was a bug in Tesla's inventory API that showed someone else's car was available while its in transit.

I just didn't have ~68k lying around to test that theory out. 😅

Last edited:
OD 5/6 vin assigned Friday( feeling excited) Pick up date 8/15 on a Sunday with my family.

Got a text two hours before pick up time that there are issues and there will be a delay. They said they are gonna deliver it Wednesday instead. They called me Monday to let me know to confirm a day.

Just got a call from Tesla today and they said sorry there’s gonna be a delay again. They are not sure how much longer.

They told me to esign my documents twice already and both time they have to revise it. (I didn’t esign it yet
I don’t know what’s going on.

Let’s hope the car will be flawless once it’s in my hands …..

The wait continues ……….

OD 5/6 vin assigned Friday( feeling excited) Pick up date 8/15 on a Sunday with my family.

Got a text two hours before pick up time that there are issues and there will be a delay. They said they are gonna deliver it Wednesday instead. They called me Monday to let me know to confirm a day.

Just got a call from Tesla today and they said sorry there’s gonna be a delay again. They are not sure how much longer.

They told me to esign my documents twice already and both time they have to revise it. (I didn’t esign it yet
I don’t know what’s going on.

Let’s hope the car will be flawless once it’s in my hands …..

The wait continues ……….
Wow, i am sorry to hear this. I hope you will receive it soon.

Reactions: DZMY and William110
I'm curious if it was actually available.

I should have taken a screenshot, but the link showed "In Transit To Orange County". I wonder if there was a bug in Tesla's inventory API that showed someone else's car was available while its in transit.

I just didn't have ~68k lying around to test that theory out. 😅
$68k? You only need $100 to see if they actually assign it to you. You can still pass on it and put your $100 back in the queue like a custom order.