Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
since my EDD shifted big numbers the last few days I decided to email my SA just to see if they'd give me different information:
"Delivery window should be between 09/09 through 09/23" So I guess that is inline somewhat with the EDD showing in my account of 8/29-9/18. I was sort of hoping for a closer date, but being in the bay area, I'm gonna count on it being closer to 9/23 for EOQ push

Does VIN assignment and delivery date change only happen once per day or it could be throughout the entire day? I don't want to needlessly refresh every hour if it's only once per day.
From my experience obsessively checking over the past month, Ive only seen EDD change at 2 points in the day. Most of the time it changes by around 9 am PST, which is when i usually check in the morning. Once in a while, I have seen it change in the afternoon at around 1 pm pst as well, but never at any later time.

No idea for VIN, but most people seem to get a text/email when VIN is assigned, so probably not that useful to refresh for Vin.

Does VIN assignment and delivery date change only happen once per day or it could be throughout the entire day? I don't want to needlessly refresh every hour if it's only once per day.

From my experience obsessively checking over the past month, Ive only seen EDD change at 2 points in the day. Most of the time it changes by around 9 am PST, which is when i usually check in the morning. Once in a while, I have seen it change in the afternoon at around 1 pm pst as well, but never at any later time.

No idea for VIN, but most people seem to get a text/email when VIN is assigned, so probably not that useful to refresh for Vin.
This.

Up until your are really close to your EDD, and a VIN can be assigned, then it can change at anytime during the day once the VIN is assigned. So if your EDD is more than 20 days out I wouldn't bother refreshing that frequently. Just check once per day. I still use Distill.io to monitor and it's only captured one update per day (IF it did change, which doesn't happen every day) for the last 79 days.

• Helpful
Reactions: ryneezy and DZMY
It is pretty random and I don't think these EDDs mean anything and that you even need to refresh it every day. It hasn't changed for me in last 2.5 weeks. OD: 6/11, EDD stuck at 9/6 - 9/26 for last few weeks. SA does not have any clue.

On another note there are only a few hundred folks in these forums and going by 200K M3/My deliveries last quarter and assuming 1/3rd of them were MYs Tesla needs to deliver ~740 cars a day. These forums just report 3-4 VINs day max. So the sample set you see here is really small. You will eventually get it hen you get it :) Just my 2 cents.