Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First day if being inside my EDD range (9/13 - 9/26)... really hoping to get a VIN this week.

But in the meantime, the electrician just finished installing this today. Now I just need something with four wheels to plug it into. 🤣
View attachment 708922

Just out of curiosity, since the Tesla has the power port on the driver's side, are you backing in and running the cable to the left (along the wall) or are you pulling in and reaching the cable around the back to the other side of the car? Did you get the 8-foot, 18-foot, or the new 24-foot cable? And is the gray box just a junction box or is it a service disconnect?

Looks like a clean installation. :cool:

Scott

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

Just out of curiosity, since the Tesla has the power port on the driver's side, are you backing in and running the cable to the left (along the wall) or are you pulling in and reaching the cable around the back to the other side of the car? Did you get the 8-foot, 18-foot, or the new 24-foot cable? And is the gray box just a junction box or is it a service disconnect?

Looks like a clean installation. :cool:

Scott
I got the 18' cable which is plenty of length to run the cable behind the rear bumper of the MY to the charge port on the driver's-side rear (driving the car straight into the garage space where the charger will be next to the passenger rear).

The grey box is a service disconnect (Assuming it must be needed to comply to code)

Reactions: Falcon73 and DZMY
That's you, me, and OCJeff... all 3 of us are in day 1 of our EDD range... hope the tail end of the date range doesn't move.... would really love to have a MYLR in my garage within next two weeks.
I enter my EDD range tomorrow pending nothing changes. This is the first time and the closest I’ve ever been! 😅🤞🏻🤞🏻

I got the 18' cable which is plenty of length to run the cable behind the rear bumper of the MY to the charge port on the driver's-side rear (driving the car straight into the garage space where the charger will be next to the passenger rear).

The grey box is a service disconnect (Assuming it must be needed to comply to code)

Thanks, nice layout.

Also, NEC doesn't require a service disconnect since it is less than 60 Amps, each leg is only 120Volts to ground, and it is corded. But some cities might require it just because... Note that other things such as an outside heat pump are hard wired so they do need a service disconnect.

For California, PG&E has excerpted the requisite sections in this PDF document:
https://www.pge.com/includes/docs/pdfs/about/environment/pge/electricvehicles/ev5pt3.pdf

You'll also notice the phrase "must not exceed 25 feet in length". That's why the Tesla wall charger now comes with a 24 foot cord.

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31

Last edited:
Reactions: johnc925
Ordered 8/9 and had a few EDD around September. Now there is no longer any delivery information and they said they would get in contact with me. I'm currently in New York and have my delivery location as California. Anyone ever do a different state order before?

This heartbreaking Reddit post is from 2 days ago: 😢

1631578781226.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/pmbfpb/if_youre_in_california_your_tesla_will_be_late/

So if someone gets a VIN, but their car never shows up, this is why.

--

• Informative
Reactions: Falcon73

View attachment 709006
https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/pmbfpb/if_youre_in_california_your_tesla_will_be_late/

--

I saw this...and of course, it happens to be in Sacramento area. 😭 My pick up location is Rocklin and EDD is steady at 9/18 - 9/30 so we'll see if this has a huge impact on Rocklin / NorCal orders.

View attachment 709006

--

The carrier that crashed near Sacramento was carrying Tesla batteries. Not sure what this photo is from?

Reactions: blc1017
Got my vin today. Any ballers out there who want it for $65k or best reasonable offer? White exterior, black interior, 20”, no fsd no tow. I’m paying off the full amount in cash. Picking up Wednesday.

I’m already getting offers for my used model y picked up last month. Same spec with 3.5k miles, full frontal ppf, ceramic coated. Carmax offered $62.5k lol

Reactions: GildedVines
Got my vin today. Any ballers out there who want it for $65k or best reasonable offer? White exterior, black interior, 20”, no fsd no tow. I’m paying off the full amount in cash. Picking up Wednesday.

I’m already getting offers for my used model y picked up last month. Same spec with 3.5k miles, full frontal ppf, ceramic coated. Carmax offered $62.5k lol
so you have two 2021 model Y's?

Reactions: Wheresmyvin