Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CA Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Wife's new Model Y yesterday at the delivery center in Irvine, CA. We had a Model Y delivered at the end of March that is the exact same spec as the new one. Red/Black, gemini wheels, 7 seat. The difference with the quality of the delivered car is significant. The paint is free of defects, the panel gap is much better, the fit of interior pieces is better, the doors open and close more consistently, the second row seats work better and the outside noise from the climate system is significantly quieter.

Overall we are thrilled with the progress Tesla has made and our new car!

PK

I picked up my Wife's new Model Y yesterday at the delivery center in Irvine, CA. We had a Model Y delivered at the end of March that is the exact same spec as the new one. Red/Black, gemini wheels, 7 seat. The difference with the quality of the delivered car is significant. The paint is free of defects, the panel gap is much better, the fit of interior pieces is better, the doors open and close more consistently, the second row seats work better and the outside noise from the climate system is significantly quieter.

Overall we are thrilled with the progress Tesla has made and our new car!

PK
I didn't know Irvine had a delivery center - was it their location off Barranca?

Just received this text. Man, seeing only part of it can make your heart jump! Anyway, if I reply AUGUST, will I get it sooner? 😜
Got the same text today. Maybe this will help sort out some of the delivery sequencing, makes sense they would like to know prior to shipping to a delivery center if someone isn’t able to take delivery. Re-route to a center with a ready now buyer

Reactions: e645824 and LSJR
DB6E0757-2379-4F6E-99D5-AA6506156F9E.jpeg
Do you guys receive this message before VIN? I just got this text message😃

Need to read through replies. Everyone has received this text and it means nothing
Hey I totally get where you're coming from and as someone who's been on this Tesla ride, I know it's super important to keep things in mind and not get hopes up. But I've seen you basically posting this same thing in a few threads.

For people who haven't gotten any communication from Tesla at all and are excited, perhaps there's a gentler way to let them down easy instead of just calling this a meaningless message - which it totally could be.

Hey I totally get where you're coming from and as someone who's been on this Tesla ride, I know it's super important to keep things in mind and not get hopes up. But I've seen you basically posting this same thing in a few threads.

For people who haven't gotten any communication from Tesla at all and are excited, perhaps there's a gentler way to let them down easy instead of just calling this a meaningless message - which it totally could be.
Might just be because I’m an older order, March 28 2021 and I’ve seen and read things. At this point there’s no point in sugar coating anything for EOQ push, just gotta be real and call it how it is

My suspicious mind googled the phone number that this text came from and I found this in a Reddit forum from a year ago. That person’s Tesla delivery text number matches the number for the text I received. Of course, after replying SEPTEMBER, I was like uh oh is this a scam?? 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

Attachments

• BFD9E51B-6EFA-4887-BD05-63AE5665A693.png
    BFD9E51B-6EFA-4887-BD05-63AE5665A693.png
    589.5 KB · Views: 44
I’m looking for recommendations on final payment before delivery. I’ve seen where things can go sideways (last minute cancellations, major defects forcing a car to be rejected, etc…) and I want to make this go smoothly but also protect myself.

Does anyone have experience in picking up in person and doing the ACH Transfer after an exterior inspection? Are the delivery centers pretty "okay" with this approach? Or do they require payment to actually be made in advance of the delivery appointment?

My pickup in in Costa Mesa.

Reactions: nnOC
I also received the text, “Are you ready to take delivery of your vehicle in September?” Is this an effing joke? No, I’d like to wait for several more weeks/months…🙄 So much for getting a VIN anytime soon.

This raises an interesting question. What if I didn't give them a cell phone number? I only provided my email address. Has anyone received this SEPTEMBER message via email? And am I pushed all the way back to January because I only gave them an email address? 🤔

We are all trying to guess at the variables that the Tesla rollercoaster uses to determine EDD and actual deliveries...

At this point, we know that MYP ships faster than MYLR. And black-interior seems to ship faster than white-interior. And for the EOQ push in NorCal, people with home delivery are more likely to get than pick-up people.

On a positive note, my DC is Stockton and it is actually receiving multiple vehicles as part of the EOQ push. I am actually amazed... 😃

--

MYLR | Red ext | White int | 19" | 5 seats | tow | no FSD | Order 07/31 | Profile 07/31
EDD: January
DC: Stockton

Reactions: GildedVines
That text makes me lose hope of getting a VIN in the next couple of days (Current EDD 9/16-9/30). Seems like they've got a lot to get through if they're trying to weed out people who aren't ready. Or they're like an airline that oversold seats and are trying to confirm people are actually ready!
I feel the same
What’s your OD?