Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received a VIN from chat (Thurs, 9/17), 5300x. Ordered 8/9, LR W/B/19/Tow. No VIN or MVPA on my order page yet, still says: "Estimated Delivery: 3 - 7 weeks from order placed date"

They also told me:

It looks like your vehicle is currently in Pre-Production. Once it leaves the factory and gets on its final transit leg, you will receive a text message with instructions for scheduling your delivery appointment.

Just spoke with someone at the Buena Park, CA delivery center and they told me they've been receiving a lot of "ghost" vins to help them prepare for the upcoming delivery volume. He said my car is still at the factory and maybe hasn't been painted or fully built yet. He advised it will probably arrive at the DC in about a week, which is when I'll receive a text to schedule delivery.

update

just got a phone call from SA
Delivery scheduled for 9/22
Touch less delivery picking up at Irvine parking garage and not at Costa Mesa delivery center
MSM long range 20” no FSD white interior
Just picked up our white/white with FSD model Y 20" wheels at the Irvine parking garage took it a level up to the roof for the inspection.
All I can say is "Its a beaut Clark"
Perfect color match and fit and finish!

update

just got a phone call from SA
Delivery scheduled for 9/22
Touch less delivery picking up at Irvine parking garage and not at Costa Mesa delivery center
MSM long range 20” no FSD white interior

Hoping this means that this batch of this configurations are getting delivered this week I have the same configuration but with hitch.... Fingers crossed since I got tge 4-11days txt on Thurs 9/17

Reactions: Jnwn007
Just got a VIN 53xxx, Burbank Pickup this weekend!!!!!

Also as a note the Tesla Vin finder chrome extension is a good app and the developer send me the code to review and it looks good. He is going to open source it at some point in the near future.

Picked it up today. Such an amazing car. The wife picked a solid combo for her car. The PUP is so amazing, like face tingling.

Any fit and finish issues? I'm picking mine up thursday with a 50xxx VIN. What color did you get?
It is light years ahead (Sherman Oaks Pop Up). It was only minimal (small door alignment and the black door sil slightly out. It was better than the Best Ones I've seen in videos) which we will submit service requests on but much better. Someone on site told us that they are seeing a 70% increase in improvement and they have worked 9 tesla release waves.

Just logged into Tesla and it prompted me to submit final payment. Once I did that, I saw the MVPA with my vin# 54xxx. Still don't have a delivery date though. Looks like I'll be going to an Irvine parking garage.

Ordered 9/4
MSM on Black AWD LR
20" Inductions
No Tow, FSD
Vin assigned 9/20

Picking up my Y tomorrow at the Parking Garage. So the pickup is on 5th floor? Email says 6th floor (roof level) Thanks
Pick up is on the the fifth. Just as the fourth changes to the fifth Parking is easy the garage is empty of cars as the office building is not open yet.
The 6th floor is the roof and wide open to the sun. I drove my Y to the roof to check out the white paint and other stuff in the sun. As I said it was perfect.
Congrats!