Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

California waiting room Q3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was just complaining with the wife that our order may not make it for the extra free 1,000 supercharger miles for deliveries before 9/27 when we got the text to schedule for delivery hahaha. What a surprise after refreshing our Tesla account 20x a day since we ordered.

VIN: 55,xxx
Delivery: 9/27
Ordered 8/22 - White on Black LR AWD w/ Induction Wheels for Pickup @ Buena Park
Not sure how to find the build date?

Weird thing about our order is that we opted for pickup at Tesla Buena Park, but they are forcing home delivery which was not available to us at time of order. Worried about how to report any potential defects and the process to reject delivery if they bring it to our home.

Text to schedule delivery. The last I heard from text was 3-10 days last Thursday. Chat told me on Monday that there was no VIN yet. Rocklin sales just says “by the end of the month”.
do you have the MVPA with the vin? I never got the text for the VIN, but i got my MVPA yesterday, and today received the text for delivery. If you do NOT have the VIN, usually you won't get the text for delivery.

Weird thing about our order is that we opted for pickup at Tesla Buena Park, but they are forcing home delivery which was not available to us at time of order. Worried about how to report any potential defects and the process to reject delivery if they bring it to our home.
I suspect this comment is about to become more common. I was signed up for Fremont delivery but was told they're "focusing" on home delivery for all Bay Area vehicles, whatever that exactly means. I was in the forced home delivery group, but asked to be moved to a pickup group and there was some back-and-forth as they tried to find a slot for me among the delivery centers, settling on Dublin.

From what I was told, for home delivery you cannot reject the vehicle. You have to accept and prepay before they drop it off. You have 3 days and 100 miles to inform them of defects, and of course the 7 day return policy. But you can't just see the vehicle and outright reject it if it's in bad shape.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the extra 1000? I haven't seen any mention on my text or emails from TA. Hoping i get so lucky. (got 3-8 days text 2 days ago)
apparently it looks like if you pickup before 9/27 you get it...been seeing a lot of people get the extra 1000 miles as a possible incentive to pickup before EOQ, so it may be extended to sept 30th, it was in my schedule delivery text

• Helpful
Reactions: alexcue