Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
Order placed: June 19
Original Estimated Delivery: August 18 - September 8
July 15: August 25 - September 14
Expected Delivery Changed today, July 17: August 18 - September 7
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
Original Estimated Delivery: August 18 - September 08
July 17: August 18 - September 07
Expected Delivery Changed July 18: August 20 - September 09

Changed from July 23 to October yesterday 😢. Again, I try not to take these online EDD’s too seriously. While not being able to guarantee when my MSM MY VIN will be issued, she did indicate that Edmonton and Calgary will be getting a big batch of MY’s in the next two weeks.
All, here's what my SA shared with me this afternoon:

"We are starting to see VIN assignments for all types of configurations, nothing really to do with color for our July/beginning of August batches. I can see the factory recognizes your order and your vehicle is in the queue for productions however we do not have an exact timeline for you until they build your Tesla and give us a VIN#."

Good to see VINs are starting to be assigned!

Reactions: Abadole
All, here's what my SA shared with me this afternoon:

"We are starting to see VIN assignments for all types of configurations, nothing really to do with color for our July/beginning of August batches. I can see the factory recognizes your order and your vehicle is in the queue for productions however we do not have an exact timeline for you until they build your Tesla and give us a VIN#."

Good to see VINs are starting to be assigned!
I’ve been told the exact same thing since July 8th. I was told my car would leave the factory on July 9th but the last time I emailed the SA he said the car would be leaving sometime this week. So I’m hoping that this week I finally get the VIN. Btw may 20th order date MYLR

Reactions: David1oh
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
Expected Delivery Changed July 18: August 20 - September 09
  • Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
July 18: August 20 - September 09
Expected Delivery Changed July 20: August 23 - September 12

• Red Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch
July 18: August 20 - September 09
Expected Delivery Changed July 20: August 23 - September 12

they will change it to October/November soon for you :(

Just a comment for everyone about car production in general for those that are not aware (I know many are very much aware of how it works :)).

I know it can be frustrating waiting for a new Tesla car especially when dates change. Everyone needs to appreciate that that Tesla cars are "built to order" with little or no produced inventory available (except for those that customers reject/don't want at delivery). This is a little different from some other car manufacturers who pre-build an inventory for a country then assign cars to dealers and/or dealers exchange cars using the existing country inventory as buyers come in.

Please keep in mind building a car is a balance of:
  • suppliers delivering on time and with good quality
  • production machinery working properly and consistently (robots, transfer stations, assemblers, torque guns, etc.)
  • Labour/HR issues (Covid, sick leave, new personnel, etc)
  • Design and process updates (new parts/additions, updating machinery, software, training for people, etc.)
  • Quality Issues (re-work final cars, production stoppage, etc.)
  • Final Transport issues (Border, lack of trucks, trains, union issues, etc.)
  • Others?
For Tesla especially, it should be expected with current high demand that there is a significant queue and the expected delivery date will float due to the above "balance" points.

When ordering from Tesla.com you are dealing direct with a manufacturer and are now feeling the standard pains of manufacturing and distribution more directly. I work for an automation manufacturer and service company and deal with almost all the car manufacturers, including Tesla (of course many other tier suppliers and every other non-automotive industry) . Trust me, this is normal stuff, you are just seeing behind the curtain now and feeling the pain that distributors/resellers feel.

• Funny
Reactions: jakev
they will change it to October/November soon for you :(
Maybe, but I look forward to potentially even more positive revisions to my Model Y :). I am also in no rush to get one. I understand others are not in a convenient situation like I am.

I must admit I am having fun watching the dates float and guessing why ;) .

• Funny
Reactions: jakev
Maybe, but I look forward to potentially even more positive revisions to my Model Y :). I am also in no rush to get one. I understand others are not in a convenient situation like I am.

I must admit I am having fun watching the dates float and guessing why ;) .
I’ve had a custom built BMW and Lexus prior to this- we could exactly pinpoint right from production through delivery in an accurate time fashion.
Whatever you say, if Tesla can’t even create a basic algorithm for its production I’d have to say it’s a suboptimal experience.

I’ve had a custom built BMW and Lexus prior to this- we could exactly pinpoint right from production through delivery in an accurate time fashion.
Whatever you say, if Tesla can’t even create a basic algorithm for its production I’d have to say it’s a suboptimal experience.

It's part of the experience, my friend. You are now witnessing "Elon time". It's be another "two weeks".

@jakev, did you order your customer BMW and Lexus lately during chip shortages, super high demand for the same custom car, Covid restrictions getting worse in California lately? I suspect you ordered those vehicle years ago without the market challenges that exist today. As a result I don't think it is much of a fair comparison to today's world.

However, if you want to cancel, I'm sure someone else will enjoy taking your Tesla in the queue :) . Up to you.