Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
can anyone beat this? lol i am feeling special :) i think i m buying a limited edition custom made car that needs hand craft for every single part.

Model Y LR Blue 5 seat white interior tow hitch
May 23 ordered
no changes since then
delivery dates been back and forth for few months like many others, then
today in the system: Estimated Delivery: November 03 - November 23

:p
Model Y LR blue 5 beat black interior tow hitch
Aug.14 ordered
Aug.15: jan 2022
Aug.16 Oct.31-Nov 20
Aug 23: Dec.1 to Dec.31

Hey. Just curious if you have an update on your EDD or hopefully better yet A VIN. My SA here in Edmonton has promised me similar things however I’m starting to feel like they are empty promises.
I have great news to report! After waiting since March, I got the "Proceed with Delivery" blue button on my account on Sunday (yesterday), which I pressed. I emailed my SA as everything else on my online account looked unchanged. Impatient, I did the source code search for a VIN and lo and behold, there was one! My SA replied back within the hour and confirmed my VIN and shared my car is in the process of being shipped from Fremont to Edmonton.

This morning (Monday), I received an email to upload my insurance documents, which I now have. My SA has emailed me indicating that a delivery advisor will be calling me in the next two days to arrange for a pick up time.

I hear stories of VIN numbers being taken away so I don't want to get too excited (although this happens closer to quarter end as these VINs are assigned to California buyers to increase reported sales). Fingers crossed and I'll keep you posted!

I have great news to report! After waiting since March, I got the "Proceed with Delivery" blue button on my account on Sunday (yesterday), which I pressed. I emailed my SA as everything else on my online account looked unchanged. Impatient, I did the source code search for a VIN and lo and behold, there was one! My SA replied back within the hour and confirmed my VIN and shared my car is in the process of being shipped from Fremont to Edmonton.

This morning (Monday), I received an email to upload my insurance documents, which I now have. My SA has emailed me indicating that a delivery advisor will be calling me in the next two days to arrange for a pick up time.

I hear stories of VIN numbers being taken away so I don't want to get too excited (although this happens closer to quarter end as these VINs are assigned to California buyers to increase reported sales). Fingers crossed and I'll keep you posted!
Congrats! Very happy to hear that from you. Looks like our vehicles won’t be travelling together after all as I am still VINless. Best of luck to you on a smooth delivery. What is your EDD now that you have a VIN?

Wow 5+ months! that is insane. Happy you finally got a VIN assigned though.

Congrats! Very happy to hear that from you. Looks like our vehicles won’t be travelling together after all as I am still VINless. Best of luck to you on a smooth delivery. What is your EDD now that you have a VIN?
Thanks! EDD is August 26-Sept 1. I'm off on vacation from the 30th to the 7th so hoping it comes before then. If it doesn't, they've made an exception for me to hold my car until I'm back. Apparently, unless you're purchasing the car in cash, you need to be there in person within 3 days of the delivery date window they give you or else they give the car to the next person in line.

I also got the insurance email today. I reached out to my current provided and they wanted a whopping $2,978/year in North Toronto :eek:..I have no tickets or accidents. What rates are you guys getting in Ontario (probably highest insurance rates on the planet Earth). Also called the delivery centre, they said the car is built and still at factory, will transport to Toronto via Chicago. I have delivery tentatively scheduled! 🤞

I also got the insurance email today. I reached out to my current provided and they wanted a whopping $2,978/year in North Toronto :eek:..I have no tickets or accidents. What rates are you guys getting in Ontario (probably highest insurance rates on the planet Earth). Also called the delivery centre, they said the car is built and still at factory, will transport to Toronto via Chicago. I have delivery tentatively scheduled! 🤞
I live in Ontario but outside the GTA near lake Erie. Through CAA was the best rate (assuming you are also a CAA member) I could find. Worth a live conversation with a CAA agent. I have low mileage, no accident history, no commute, so my rate is very low @ $892 a year for 2021 Model Y LR AWD with no mods . Note that I am doing full blown coverage with lowest deductibles and highest coverage (including depreciation waiver and rentals) but I am NOT in the city. I am a country boy so I would expect your rate in North Toronto to be at least double or even triple mine due to high density risk assessments that insurance companies do. This is especially true with those who commute.

I live in Ontario but outside the GTA near lake Erie. Through CAA was the best rate (assuming you are also a CAA member) I could find. Worth a live conversation with a CAA agent. I have low mileage, no accident history, no commute, so my rate is very low @ $892 a year for 2021 Model Y LR AWD with no mods . Note that I am doing full blown coverage with lowest deductibles and highest coverage (including depreciation waiver and rentals) but I am NOT in the city. I am a country boy so I would expect your rate in North Toronto to be at least double or even triple mine due to high density risk assessments that insurance companies do. This is especially true with those who commute.
WOW...I need to get out of the city lol...lowest quote I got was $1,466/year, I think I'm gonna switch.

Reactions: amkar

Congrats! I'm only 5 days off of you and also in the Prairies, so maybe I'll hear something soon?
I doubt they would be taking your VIN away in the middle of the quarter, but who knows with the RNG that is the tesla site.

It truly is a mystery as to how vehicles are distributed.

Reactions: David1oh
I’m
$1400 with Aviva in GTA (clean record)

Reactions: amkar
Model Y build details
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • Pearl White Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Black and White Premium Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
Order placed: July 8 (picking up in Vaughan)
Original Estimated Delivery: August 29 - September 18
August 10: October 10-October 30
August 11: October 10-October 30
August 12: October 10-October 30
August 13: October 10-October 30
August 14: October 10-October 30
August 15: October 10-October 30
August 16: October 10-October 30
August 17: October 10-October 30
August 18: October 10-October 30
August 19: October 10-October 30
August 20: October 10-October 30
August 21: October 10-October 30
August 22: October 10-October 30
August 23: October 10-October 30
August 24: October 10-October 30

Ordered my Model Y and hopefully it is on the way
  • Long Range All-Wheel Drive
  • White Multi-Coat Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
Order placed: July 14
Pickup in Vaughan

EDD has been moved up and down a few times. Now it's been stable for a few days.
August 10 - August 25 - September 08
August 12 - August 26 - September 08
August 13 - over the phone from SC October 21st.
August 14 - October 14 - November 03
August 16 - August 30 - September 19
August 19 - September 01 - September 19
August 20 - September 02 - September 18
August 24 - September 06 - September 19

Reactions: EDDYSTONE
Belair Direct ~$1600/yr max coverage and minimum deductibles. I have a Russian scam on my record in the last 4 years.
Wow! For newly immigrated Canadians, I reckon the rates won't be nearly as good? The best I've got is through TD and that's also 4000/year ish for 2 new drivers; G and G2, both above 25. No tickets, never insured before, no past driving history in States/Canada.

Well was all excited to go pick up our white MY LR today and there were minor issues that I was willing to accept to be fixed after delivery such as tailgate misaligned, frunk hood stuck up on the left, interior b-pillar and headliner was loose, rear passenger door was not closing correctly.

Ending up rejecting the car as the rear passenger door edge paint was all chipped up, a good 5 or so inches all the way down the edge and they just used touch up paint to fix it. Was given an option to let them repaint the car and accept delivery in a week, accept and then schedule a service visit, or just reject. Decided just to wait for a new car or another inventory as we really wanted blue anyways... We really didn't want to be one of those people rejecting delivery... also didn't even run through a checklist to inspect the car.

I'll upload some pictures later tonight.

Wow! For newly immigrated Canadians, I reckon the rates won't be nearly as good? The best I've got is through TD and that's also 4000/year ish for 2 new drivers; G and G2, both above 25. No tickets, never insured before, no past driving history in States/Canada.
I had G1 Nov 2015, then G full Dec 2015 (25 yr + yr old). So now total up to 6 years with G license. The lowest I can get in Toronto (no tickets/ no claims) is $2500/yr from TD with max coverage and minimum deductibles + 5 years car replacement. I did quote for MY - $2700.
I did quote from Aviva - $3200, belairdirect -$3900.

For newcomers, TD will be the cheapest one.

Reactions: WinterIsHere
Sorry to hear that. I, sure you made the right decision
Well was all excited to go pick up our white MY LR today and there were minor issues that I was willing to accept to be fixed after delivery such as tailgate misaligned, frunk hood stuck up on the left, interior b-pillar and headliner was loose, rear passenger door was not closing correctly.

Ending up rejecting the car as the rear passenger door edge paint was all chipped up, a good 5 or so inches all the way down the edge and they just used touch up paint to fix it. Was given an option to let them repaint the car and accept delivery in a week, accept and then schedule a service visit, or just reject. Decided just to wait for a new car or another inventory as we really wanted blue anyways... We really didn't want to be one of those people rejecting delivery... also didn't even run through a checklist to inspect the car.

I'll upload some pictures later tonight.

Reactions: Steel28
This has been one of the cheapest cars in this price range to insure. Most others have been 3-4k

Reactions: WinterIsHere