Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here.
Gas was the biggest factor when I was debating about switching to electric. Gas prices are going high everywhere but honestly Vancouver is ridiculous; $1.63/litre or $5.02 USD/gallon(for our friends in the states)…..and that’s just 87 octane.
Yes, I hear the gas prices are crazy out west. 87 octane is *only* $1.45/L in Toronto, but I was paying $1.70 for premium 91 octane.

I see you have a MYP on order. You probably won’t notice much of a loss in acceleration. Your range might not be as good though. Another reason I went with the long range.

Congrats on the delivery!
Interesting to see how these cars get shipped to the delivery centers.
I sold my m6 for a model y; hopefully I don’t miss the acceleration and noise too much.
I sold M2 and 4runner trd pro and really enjoying MY. I do miss both but would do it again just for one pedal driving lol. You never fell tired and those launches are insane.

Ordered Sept 1, changed to black exterior on Sept 17

My first EDD was Dec 18 - Dec31 (appeared on Oct 1). It just changed today to Jan 10 - Feb 07
Similar thing happened for US based orders. I ordered in the same week as you and my EDD is now January 20-February 23. In the US, a bill to give EV rebates is being included in a infrastructure bill. If that happens, I suspect many Americans will refuse delivery in December to get that $7-8k rebate in January. Tesla may decide to move more of the orders to Canada in the month of December to avoid a glut of undelivered vehicles at the end of a quarter.

First time posting in the waiting room.

MYLR, White/Black(int)/20”/5seat/FSD

Ordered on July 11th, profile completion date around July 18th. Was told October when I ordered.

EDD stayed constant at September 15 to September 30 for the longest time.

Then pushed to Sep 29-Oct 11 close to September 13.

Then pushed to Oct 2-Nov 3 close to September 25.

Then pushed to Oct 13-Nov 11 close to Oct 4 (into the EDD range).

Then pushed to Oct 19-Nov 6 around October 8.

Finally my EDD is at October 26 to November 9. According to my SA, car gets to Toronto around November 3rd. No VIN assigned yet.

I see a bunch of you with similar EDDs for MY, I guess ours would be coming in the same batch!

Ordered on July 11th, profile completion date around July 18th. Was told October when I ordered.

Finally my EDD is at October 26 to November 9. According to my SA, car gets to Toronto around November 3rd. No VIN assigned yet.

I see a bunch of you with similar EDDs for MY, I guess ours would be coming in the same batch!
Interesting. you have a smiliar order date with me or even ealier. My order date is July 16, profile completed on July 20.
Now my appoinment is scheduled on Oct 23rd, I believe yours is coming soon.

Reactions: TheNorthMan

We look to be very similar and I do think a bunch of guys will be on the same batch.

Hi, I am new to the forum and have MY LR MSM 19” order showing Oct 31-Nov 28. Recently took delivery of the S and no longer need the Y. Does anyone know if I can transfer this order to someone else so the purchaser can save the recent $1000 price increase. Thanks!
If that can be done, I am very interested! I am in Markham. Can we contact your SA to find out? Much obliged.

If that can be done, I am very interested! I am in Markham. Can we contact your SA to find out? Much obliged.
I think it can be done, since I spoke to my SA about it a few months ago to transfer to a family member.

I think he will need your Photo ID and Tesla account email to be able to transfer to your account (after consent and direction from Nkds).

Deposit (I’m guessing $100) stays with the reservation, so I guess you could just pay that to Nkds directly so he is net $0 and you get the reservation.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but since this is a Canadian thread I'm wondering what you new owners are going to do about winter wheels/tires. I currently run on the 20" Induction wheels and I'm not a fan of the look of the 19" Gemini ones. Since the Tesla store is currently OOS on winter wheels I've decided to split the difference and ordered a set of Replika 19" Induction wheels from PMC Tire. My Reasoning is threefold:

1. 19" Winter tires are cheaper.
2. They still look good (Since winter rims are on the car for nearly have the year anyways.
3. The thicker sidewall will be a little more forgiving with Ontario potholes.

I haven't decided on what winter tire yet, but I think I'll stick with what Tesla uses. The Sotto Zero III. I am also aware that I have to order the bluetooth TPMS from Tesla Service.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but since this is a Canadian thread I'm wondering what you new owners are going to do about winter wheels/tires. I currently run on the 20" Induction wheels and I'm not a fan of the look of the 19" Gemini ones. Since the Tesla store is currently OOS on winter wheels I've decided to split the difference and ordered a set of Replika 19" Induction wheels from PMC Tire. My Reasoning is threefold:

1. 19" Winter tires are cheaper.
2. They still look good (Since winter rims are on the car for nearly have the year anyways.
3. The thicker sidewall will be a little more forgiving with Ontario potholes.

I haven't decided on what winter tire yet, but I think I'll stick with what Tesla uses. The Sotto Zero III. I am also aware that I have to order the bluetooth TPMS from Tesla Service.

Would love to hear your thoughts.
I’m planning to use the Gemini rims for winter and will buy some new wheels for summer and will wrap them with the OEM 19” tires.

You can’t go wrong with a set of Replika wheels. They are decently priced and have OE fitment. It’s definitely a better option to opt for 19” as winters since you’ll gain some comfort vs the 20” options. It’s cheaper as well. Regarding the tire, you can probably do better with some Michelin Xice 3s or Nokian Hakka R3s. I’d price them all out and go with what you think is the best performance for $.

I’m planning to use the Gemini rims for winter and will buy some new wheels for summer and will wrap them with the OEM 19” tires.

You can’t go wrong with a set of Replika wheels. They are decently priced and have OE fitment. It’s definitely a better option to opt for 19” as winters since you’ll gain some comfort vs the 20” options. It’s cheaper as well. Regarding the tire, you can probably do better with some Michelin Xice 3s or Nokian Hakka R3s. I’d price them all out and go with what you think is the best performance for $.
Thanks. I’ll do a bit of research into the better choice of tire. I’ve previously had the Michelin’s on my 2009 A4. Also had blizzaks and found those to be great for grip, but they felt like I was driving on sponges. I amagine the wear on such a heavy car would be pretty significant also.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
I think it can be done, since I spoke to my SA about it a few months ago to transfer to a family member.

I think he will need your Photo ID and Tesla account email to be able to transfer to your account (after consent and direction from Nkds).

Deposit (I’m guessing $100) stays with the reservation, so I guess you could just pay that to Nkds directly so he is net $0 and you get the reservation.
Does this forum support private message? I tried to ping the original poster nkds but couldn't find a way.

Pretty desperate now. I am in condo pilot program and I need to have an EV by Feb to participate. When I ordered origi ally in Sept, the EDD was Feb. Now it has been slipped to "April 4 to May 5".

If anyone giving up a MYLR spot please email me (my screen name at Gmail). Thanks!

I am new here. Does everyone know can I lease tesla under the business name? If I want a MYLR around next year in July, when should I make the order?
Yes you can lease under a business. I would order now and place a hold if it comes sooner. I’ve tried to time delivery using estimates in 2019 and now in 2021 - unfortunately estimates are not too accurate.

Is there anyway to get the order early? I was assigned a MYLR, and had to let it go as my residence status at Canada was not confirmed at that point in time and my bank needed it to process the loan.

Do I get into some priority list if my previously assigned car was re-assigned to next person? Any idea?