Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYP white on white ordered jan31/22 EDD 3/6-3/31. Feb 15 changed to MSM on black. March 3 EDD changed to 3/10-3/24.
This was after speaking with SA as I had concerns of missing my delivery due to surgery and a business trip up coming. She hinted that probably end of Q2 before MYP out of Austin. She hinted I would get it before end of the month and guaranteed it’s a Freemont build.

Maybe this is already well known, but I went from a 2019 model 3 to a 2022 model y. Apparently the usb in the centre console are no longer for data, ie: connecting phone, usb drive or controllers to the infotainment section. I have been wasting so much time today trying to figure out why it wasn’t working. Only the glovebox has data connectivity. Not a good move in my opinion. I had lots of things connected from my consoles USB port in the model 3.From my research, it seems this started in November due to part shortages for both model 3 and Y.

My EDD just got changed again, to next week! (Mar 7-12!)

I received an e-mail from Tesla, and they asked me to deposit the full amount to their bank account. But I want to finance plus trade-in.

How would I go about from here? I wasn't expecting things to move along this fast...
They sent another e-mail with even sooner date, and I had to call them, but everything worked out great!

My pickup date is now March 11. I'm still not sure why my order got processed so fast (order date late Jan). May be purchasing FSD helped?

Reactions: Rennei
They sent another e-mail with even sooner date, and I had to call them, but everything worked out great!

My pickup date is now March 11. I'm still not sure why my order got processed so fast (order date late Jan). May be purchasing FSD helped?
That definitely helps... or Someone with the same build as you put their order on hold or cancelled it.

Either way, congrats!

Congrats! Smart thinking with the license plate bracket request to not be mounted. I also ordered a quick bandit bracket, just waiting for it to arrive next week. I had dropped off the MY to get PPF and ceramic coat a few hours after delivery as well. They removed the OE license plate bracket at that time and I’ve just left it off since taking it back beginning of this week.
Share to give more details from where to do the PPF and ceramic?

Congrats! Smart thinking with the license plate bracket request to not be mounted. I also ordered a quick bandit bracket, just waiting for it to arrive next week. I had dropped off the MY to get PPF and ceramic coat a few hours after delivery as well. They removed the OE license plate bracket at that time and I’ve just left it off since taking it back beginning of this week.
Thanks! Hoping receive mine this week as well. I bought quite bit of accessories for it as well.
Share to give more details from where to do the PPF and ceramic?
I researched quite a few wrap installers in and around Toronto. Prices varied. I knew what I wanted so I somewhat knew what to ask and look for with the installers. I ended up choosing Top Geer Wraps based on their previous experience working with Teslas (there were a few at his shop the day I dropped off mine), checked the reviews, spoke to a previous customer, they're an authorized Xpel installer, and their price was competitive.

For the ceramic windows tints, I did the front and back windows (fronts matching the back and the back having the clearest window tint just for UV protection). I went with edgeless tinting where the tint is as close to the edge without compromising the durability for a near factory finish look.

One of the things I noticed was the varying responses from the various wrap shops on how they would, or wouldn't, tuck the edges. Some would not tuck the edges and would have left a visible edge where you could see where the edge of wrap meets the exposed paint. For a non matte wrap, that wouldn't be too noticible but for a matte wrap, it would be easily visible. Some shops would wrap around edges and trims for a seamless look.

After seeing that one video of a wrap on a Model Y (or Model 3) gone wrong from a shop in Oakville (wrap peeling and the deep scratches into the paint from cutting the wrap incorrectly on the paint), I did my due diligence in asking in detail the process that each shop took. Just make sure whichever shop you choose, you do your due diligence first.