Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe they are collecting all of our Alberta orders to ship on one truck at the same time? Would be nice if it didn't hop around so much. I sold my 2019 Toyota Tundra for this MYLR and have been missing the truck. Down to one vehicle is not easy for this long with two little kids and another on the way! Come on Tesla! Stop messing with us!

MYLR White/White/19/FSD/no Tow
Order Date: March 26, 2022
EDD: Oct 2022 - Jan 2023

I thought EDD would be June when I booked with FSD but it turns out assigning me Oct2022 - Jan 2023.
I was wondering if I should cancel my FSD now and then add it back to move forward with my EDD.

I thought EDD would be June when I booked with FSD but it turns out assigning me Oct2022 - Jan 2023.
I was wondering if I should cancel my FSD now and then add it back to move forward with my EDD.
June EDD is for MYP, not MYLR. Currently, adding FSD won't move your EDD.

• Informative
Reactions: KWC_Diu

Once you complete your profile, your EDD will be updated with a narrower window and with possibility of it being in 2022.
I would leave it until you get updated EDD.

@XPEL Stealth Wrap + XPEL Ceramic Window tints turned out really nice.

via Top Geer Wraps in Vaughan

IMG_3763.jpeg

IMG_3765.jpeg

@XPEL Where can we get your Ceramic boost spray in Toronto?

Some time in November - I came to know that I am supposed to enter my insurance details and add details of any trade in to be in queue. This was not the process when I purchased my M3.

I just wanted to double check about having to add insurance info. I didn't add any insurance info because I don't see how I'd have insurance info in March for my car estimated for December.
Can others confirm if you need insurance info in to complete the pre-delivery checklist? It seems that when I check my account it says everything is done. I selected no trade in for now although I may try to add one closer to December or sell my car privately.

In addition to my question above (can't seem to find any way to edit a post?) I had a few other questions for any knowledgeable members.

1) Has anyone heard about any chance the Canadian system will change to how the US system changed where you can make a change to your order (say LR to P) and have the MYP pricing from the time you did your original order honored? I read that in the US this is now possible. I'm just batting around the idea of changing to MYP to get a car sooner but would only do so if I could get the MYP pricing that was available when I ordered (before the latest March price increase).

2) Is it normal to not have a delivery range as many/most are reporting and still only have just "December"? My order was March 11. As I mentioned in my previous post it seems to say everything is done on the pre-delivery and next step is them writing up a contract and requesting payment (which I assume is when the VIN is assigned).

3) I see many posts about people talking to their SA. Are you assigned a SA or does one have to just contact Tesla? Would I just do a request through the app or text or do you call the local delivery location to talk to someone?

Thanks for any help.

Nothing on the Canadian front regarding changes while keeping the prices static. I've texted them and emailed back and forth with the SA and was told that any change would update the price. Wanted to change to the 7 seat config vs 5. I'm hopeful this will be feasible for us but who knows.

Regarding the SA. When I ordered ingot a text message saying welcome to the tesla family and to text that number ifninhsve any questions. I also got an email from the dealership that I'll be picking up from and was introduced to the SA there.

Reactions: arbitrage000
I just wanted to double check about having to add insurance info. I didn't add any insurance info because I don't see how I'd have insurance info in March for my car estimated for December.
Can others confirm if you need insurance info in to complete the pre-delivery checklist? It seems that when I check my account it says everything is done. I selected no trade in for now although I may try to add one closer to December or sell my car privately.
Cash purchase and no trade-in is the way to go prior to VIN. I think you are all set.

No insurance is needed for now. FYI: my insurance company won't even give me a quote without a VIN.

In addition to my question above (can't seem to find any way to edit a post?) I had a few other questions for any knowledgeable members.

1) Has anyone heard about any chance the Canadian system will change to how the US system changed where you can make a change to your order (say LR to P) and have the MYP pricing from the time you did your original order honored? I read that in the US this is now possible. I'm just batting around the idea of changing to MYP to get a car sooner but would only do so if I could get the MYP pricing that was available when I ordered (before the latest March price increase).

2) Is it normal to not have a delivery range as many/most are reporting and still only have just "December"? My order was March 11. As I mentioned in my previous post it seems to say everything is done on the pre-delivery and next step is them writing up a contract and requesting payment (which I assume is when the VIN is assigned).

3) I see many posts about people talking to their SA. Are you assigned a SA or does one have to just contact Tesla? Would I just do a request through the app or text or do you call the local delivery location to talk to someone?

Thanks for any help.

I don't have an assigned SA. I have just been in contact with the person at my local Tesla Service Center, who scheduled my test drive. He is quite responsive (via email), although not much additional information (than the Tesla app) to share with me.

Reactions: arbitrage000
Unfortunately switching to MYP would bring about a complete new invoice based on the new price is what I was told by my SA, called all local dealers same response, once again us Canadians get the short end of the stick, my OD was Feb 2nd, initial EOD was Aug then got changed to sept then narrowed down to sept 11th to Oct 9th, which I thought was somewhat firm, but yesterday got pushed back to Oct 2022 to Jan 2023, I called my SA demanding an answer on why my EOD is the same as someone that just orders today, mine was placed almost 2 month ago, SA couldn’t get me any answer simply said vehicles are assigned based on order date, system should update and correct later on, which I highly doubt , this is the worst part about buying a Tesla feels like being constantly lied to… would have upgraded to a MYP if the old price can still be honored just so I can get the car sooner, at last being Canadians we are outta luck! Looks like it could take a year before I get my car if I am lucky…

I just submitted my current auto insurance with my existing vehicles at the time. They accepted it. I later updated it once I received my VIN which was close to the delivery date. I didn’t know at the time if it was necessary or not to provide those details to be able to move forward with the checklist. I figured they’ll see that I already have insurance established with my other vehicles, whether that was pertinent or not for them to accept the application.

Cash purchase and no trade-in is the way to go prior to VIN. I think you are all set.

No insurance is needed for now. FYI: my insurance company won't even give me a quote without a VIN.
My insurance company couldn’t give me a quote either without the VIN. However, to give me an idea of what I would be looking at for premiums, they just looked for existing VINs that matched the make and model and based it on that. I essentially asked them how is it logical to not be able to produce an auto insurance quote for a client first before they decide to sign on with that company’s insurance product? It’s a quote!

Am I reading your signature right that you ordered your MYLR in late Aug and are still waiting? I ordered mine mid-Aug and got my MYLR AWD mid Dec. (I thought most Canadian Aug orders have long been delivered). Wonder why you're waiting an extra 4 months. Because of the specs maybe? Anyway, I hope you love your MY when it finally arrives - just in time for the nice weather :)

Reactions: UW_MYLR