Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I reading your signature right that you ordered your MYLR in late Aug and are still waiting? I ordered mine mid-Aug and got my MYLR AWD mid Dec. (I thought most Canadian Aug orders have long been delivered). Wonder why you're waiting an extra 4 months. Because of the specs maybe? Anyway, I hope you love your MY when it finally arrives - just in time for the nice weather :)
I think it's because he completed his profile in November.

Reactions: Volleyballmom
How does it work in Canada for the license plate? I checked the option for new plate, does that mean they register it for me and it comes with a plate so I do not have to visit the registry? Also another question, does tesla require payment of the GST up front? This would be a separate payment then the downpayment?

My EDD is steady for now.
Delivery @ Oakville.

On side note, got the wall connector installed today. So pumped now!
Capture.JPG

Reactions: akidesir
I am in Oakville as well. Just looking to get prices to install the wall connector. Who did you end up using for the installation? Are you happy with the work?
For me it was built in the complete reno contract.
When we were doing the reno to the house, I made sure they upgrade my panel to 200a (from 100a) and run the 6/3 gauge wire from the main panel (located in the basement) to the garage.
There was a lots of work involved but in ballpark, I think we spent about 2500 to upgrade the panel, running the wire and the drywall work.

All I had to do today was to just install the Wall connector since all the work was done. I did it myself because it wasn't too hard hard with the rough-in.

Your situation will be a lot different depending on whether you already have something in the garage or where your main panel is located.

Ordered Model Y LR a 7 seat, white exterior, black interior on March 23. Completed profile 2 days later. Estimated delivery is October. How accurate is this date? How likely is it to be delayed further? If so, I am thinking of getting a Model 3 or Performance Y with a sooner delivery to drive and sell it when the Y LR 7 seater arrives. Any thoughts?

Have you guys read the upcoming EV rebates that the government will release mode details on April 7? I hope Model Y will be included. Some EVs like Ford Lightning is apparently included
Also fingers crossed....but base Lightening is only $68K. Even if that qualifies, I'm not sure that the new (over $80K) price of the Y will qualify. Maybe the previous price under $80K? The 2nd trim level of the F150 is $80K on the nose.

Also fingers crossed....but base Lightening is only $68K. Even if that qualifies, I'm not sure that the new (over $80K) price of the Y will qualify. Maybe the previous price under $80K? The 2nd trim level of the F150 is $80K on the nose.
I’m willing to bet they purposefully will exclude Tesla. They’ll make the minimum order entry point just below Teslas lol.

Our saving grace here is if Tesla releases the new AWD short range and all the LR/MYP’s get re-calculated as upgrades: ‘long range battery’ and ‘performance’ upgrade/options.
As long as the base price for the Y is under 68k then…it could in theory work.

I’m willing to bet they purposefully will exclude Tesla. They’ll make the minimum order entry point just below Teslas lol.

Our saving grace here is if Tesla releases the new AWD short range and all the LR/MYP’s get re-calculated as upgrades: ‘long range battery’ and ‘performance’ upgrade/options.
As long as the base price for the Y is under 68k then…it could in theory work.
Interesting. Was thinking the same. Of you look. At your car breakdown, there is a base price. Plus the upgrade for long range. See below

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220401-123426~2.png
    Screenshot_20220401-123426~2.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 64