Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I emailed my SA and he said he'd send a note to the Logistics/Planning team at the factory to see if it can be expedited. I'm unsure if this made a difference or even if that team has seen his note as it's possible this is all a coincidence. I'm also fully aware this can all revert again tomorrow and my EDD could push back into the summer again. Nothing would surprise me with Tesla at this stage.
lol, at this stage, as long as they are not pushing my EDD back (again), I am still holding the optimistic feeling.

I took my delivery of MYLR at Vaughan, Toronto today. The delivery occurs outdoor. Today, it was raining in Toronto, and I have to inspect the car under the rain. Some issues with panel gap, but otherwise, no major problems. Honestly, if I did not look at those YouTube videos talking about panel gap, I may not even notice it. I am still debating whether I should get that fixed. The car does include mobile connector. The trial for premium connectivity is 1 year. Car is great. No complaint, and definitely worth the wait.

I took my delivery of MYLR at Vaughan, Toronto today. The delivery occurs outdoor. Today, it was raining in Toronto, and I have to inspect the car under the rain. Some issues with panel gap, but otherwise, no major problems. Honestly, if I did not look at those YouTube videos talking about panel gap, I may not even notice it. I am still debating whether I should get that fixed. The car does include mobile connector. The trial for premium connectivity is 1 year. Car is great. No complaint, and definitely worth the wait.
Congrats! Glad to hear it is worth the wait. That surprises me when you say you got premium connectivity for 1 year because i have the same order date as you and i remember clearly trying to negotiate with my SA at Lawrence to switch me from 1 month to 1 year. As usual, he stuck to the script and said that all orders starting from oct 15 would have only 1 month free. Its a small thing but you seem to have scored a deal and got lucky.

Yeap that's right.
Based on what Tesla and RBC agent told me the processing time comes down to:
  • Who the actual underwriter/insurer is. In case of RBC, aviva is the underwriter. RBC is effectively middlemen. So takes a while. Desjardins are direct. Not sure of CAA.
  • According to the agent RBCs underwriters scrutinize application more which is why they take more time and give lower rates. Whereas others don't utilise lots of risk factors and they just lump you into the demographics, thus applications are quicker but more expensive as they price in higher risk drivers into it. Again, this is what the agent explained to me so take it with salt. We all know how agents can be.
I did try CAA but as I don't have insurance history (waited 3 years to save up lol) for me they are one of the most expensive. Td, rbc, Desjardins so far have given me the lowest rates.
i would highly recommend checking out Aviva Insurance as they are the official canadian tesla insurance provider and they quoted me - for 2 drivers with 2022 Model Y $1570 and for my Model 3 $1576 they specifically have a tesla discount code

Congrats! Glad to hear it is worth the wait. That surprises me when you say you got premium connectivity for 1 year because i have the same order date as you and i remember clearly trying to negotiate with my SA at Lawrence to switch me from 1 month to 1 year. As usual, he stuck to the script and said that all orders starting from oct 15 would have only 1 month free. Its a small thing but you seem to have scored a deal and got lucky.
As per my SA at Vaughan, the previous person in line somehow did not take this car, thus it became my turn to take it. My ODD was Oct 15. But for my car MVPA, it says the order accepted by customer on Oct 10, 2021. Initially I thought this was somehow a mistake. But now it make sense, that the car belonged to someone originarilly ordered on Oct 10, and he somehow did not take the car. Then I inherited his order date of Oct 10, and then able to maintain the connectivity for 1 yr

Did you guys know you’d get a year when you ordered? I emailed someone today and he said it’s 30 days.
I’m picking up tomorrow ordered on Oct 3rd

Ok guys…this sucks. My MYP EDD for got pushed yet again. I was April 20th then now May 23rd and now July-August. That’s it. I’m done. I need an SUV in the family and have waited since Feb. So went out today and bought a used 2018 Lexus RX350 Fsport 3 black/burgundy with 60k on it. 47k (the pics make the leather seem red but in reality it’s much darker…odd).

Tested it. Was surprised at how quiet it was at 130kph. As loud as our model 3 at 70kph which is unreal. Can’t even hear the engine as overdone sound dampening. Comes loaded with Head up display, pano roof, wireless charging, heat and cooled seats, foot auto trunk, full auto fold down AND up rear seats (amazing) , mark levinson sound, paddle shifters, sport + susp mode. Manual shifting was fun and being 8 speed has some juice 308hp.

Pleasantly shocked as I’ve been tesla only now since early 2016. The fit and finish and is to gaps are damn good.

Whenever I get the MYP, I’ll either sell the Lex or if it serves the soccer ⚽️, school grocery and longer trips purpose just fine, then I’ll flip the MYP since my order was pre price increases but still 85k vs the 47k I just paid.(pretax both figures)

We really only drive this second SUV about 1200km a month so 2 tanks…nothing major.

Sorry guys but I had to!! I may be tempted to keep the MYP if and when it comes but for now this serves :)

Attachments

• F85E64DB-31C3-42D4-B3C9-346D2E16842F.jpeg
    F85E64DB-31C3-42D4-B3C9-346D2E16842F.jpeg
    635.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 63C284CA-D6A2-4649-8FE8-B57BCF8043A2.jpeg
    63C284CA-D6A2-4649-8FE8-B57BCF8043A2.jpeg
    589 KB · Views: 37
  • 5FA9D612-1460-40C7-8282-82033E607115.jpeg
    5FA9D612-1460-40C7-8282-82033E607115.jpeg
    599.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 4FB455D0-0D82-4D12-96A1-05F96F6A4B82.jpeg
    4FB455D0-0D82-4D12-96A1-05F96F6A4B82.jpeg
    638 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Ok guys…this sucks. My MYP EDD for got pushed yet again. I was April 20th then now May 23rd and now July-August. That’s it. I’m done. I need an SUV in the family and have waited since Feb. So went out today and bought a used 2018 Lexus RX350 Fsport 3 black/burgundy with 60k on it. 47k (the pics make the leather seem red but in reality it’s much darker…odd).

Tested it. Was surprised at how quiet it was at 130kph. As loud as our model 3 at 70kph which is unreal. Can’t even hear the engine as overdone sound dampening. Comes loaded with HUD, pano roof, wireless charging, heat and cooled seats, foot auto trunk, full auto food down AND up rear seats, mark levinson sound, paddle shifters, sport + susp mode.
Pleasantly shocked.

Whenever I get the MYP, I’ll either sell the Lexis or if it serves the soccer ⚽️, school grocery and longer trips purpose, then I’ll flip the MYP since my order was pre price increases.

Sorry guys but I had to!!
No need to apologize. Just suggest you park the car inside. Rx350 are popular cars to get stolen.

Reactions: Destiny1701

Tested it. Was surprised at how quiet it was at 130kph. As loud as our model 3 at 70kph which is unreal. Can’t even hear the engine as overdone sound dampening. Comes loaded with Head up display, pano roof, wireless charging, heat and cooled seats, foot auto trunk, full auto fold down AND up rear seats (amazing) , mark levinson sound, paddle shifters, sport + susp mode. Manual shifting was fun and being 8 speed has some juice 308hp.

Pleasantly shocked as I’ve been tesla only now since early 2016. The fit and finish and is to gaps are damn good.

Whenever I get the MYP, I’ll either sell the Lex or if it serves the soccer ⚽️, school grocery and longer trips purpose just fine, then I’ll flip the MYP since my order was pre price increases but still 85k vs the 47k I just paid.(pretax both figures)

We really only drive this second SUV about 1200km a month so 2 tanks…nothing major.

Sorry guys but I had to!! I may be tempted to keep the MYP if and when it comes but for now this serves :)
Premium fuel??