Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered on Nov 24, 2021.. MYLR MSM 5 seat 19 inch Black interior, no FSD no Tow
Was MSM a "free" color when you ordered? I have the same order as you and it is basically a no option, low priority, longest EDD type order unless MSM was still a paid color in November. I'll be interested to see when you take delivery to get a rough estimate on the wait for a no option order (assuming MSM was free at that time).

What was the original EDD on the ordering page when you ordered the car? May?

Was MSM a "free" color when you ordered? I have the same order as you and it is basically a no option, low priority, longest EDD type order unless MSM was still a paid color in November. I'll be interested to see when you take delivery to get a rough estimate on the wait for a no option order (assuming MSM was free at that time).

What was the original EDD on the ordering page when you ordered the car? May?
Yeah by the time I ordered it became a free colour. Original EDD was Nov 2022 then became Dec 2022 then changed to May to Jun then July to Sept then Aug to Sep then Jan to Apr 2023 for 1 day then back to the Aug Sep date

FSD glitch??
There was the few weeks time frame where adding FSD to an order (or placing a new order with FSD) moved the EDD to a very near time frame. Tesla corrected that and now adding FSD doesn't give the same type of EDD jump. I believe it just gives the same expedited EDD as adding any type of option to a MYLR does (like color or 20" or white seats etc). But your order may have been during that time that FSD orders were jumping to a very early EDD. I can't remember the exact dates or how long it took for Tesla to shut it down.

There was the few weeks time frame where adding FSD to an order (or placing a new order with FSD) moved the EDD to a very near time frame. Tesla corrected that and now adding FSD doesn't give the same type of EDD jump. I believe it just gives the same expedited EDD as adding any type of option to a MYLR does (like color or 20" or white seats etc). But your order may have been during that time that FSD orders were jumping to a very early EDD. I can't remember the exact dates or how long it took for Tesla to shut it down.
Must have lucked in on that one. Hopefully May 17th will be my actual real physical delivery day. The MYLR MSM just has to get out of Chicago I'm guessing, so I've been told

Reactions: karsten88
I see the price is up another $1K to $83,990. Also FSD finally got a raise and is now $12,800. MYP up $1,100.
That makes $7K worth of price increase this year alone. Can't even guess what the price will be when I take delivery in "December".

Reactions: Destiny1701
Has anyone heard/read/inquired if Tesla is ever going to allow order changes in Canada to honour pricing that was present at the time of the original order? I don't get why this is now allowed in the US but not in Canada. I'm really wanting to change my color to Blue from MSM but there is no way I'm going to do that and pay the $5K worth of price increases plus the $1300 for Blue that I'd currently need to pay. Seems odd Tesla wouldn't want my extra $1300 which surely has a big margin for them.

But I still like MSM so I'll be happy with it...just really liking all the Blue MY/M3s I see driving around the neighbourhood these days.

Has anyone heard/read/inquired if Tesla is ever going to allow order changes in Canada to honour pricing that was present at the time of the original order? I don't get why this is now allowed in the US but not in Canada. I'm really wanting to change my color to Blue from MSM but there is no way I'm going to do that and pay the $5K worth of price increases plus the $1300 for Blue that I'd currently need to pay. Seems odd Tesla wouldn't want my extra $1300 which surely has a big margin for them.

But I still like MSM so I'll be happy with it...just really liking all the Blue MY/M3s I see driving around the neighbourhood these days.
I was in the same boat as you but finally gave up and started searching specifically for MSM photos and videos to convince myself. Taking delivery next week.

I see the price is up another $1K to $83,990. Also FSD finally got a raise and is now $12,800. MYP up $1,100.
That makes $7K worth of price increase this year alone. Can't even guess what the price will be when I take delivery in "December".
So happy I ordered this in Feb and coming in 2 weeks. Wow.

This has to calm down at some point no? There is no way manuf costs increased this much in 6 months. I guess economic 101…demand through the roof.

If I had a chance to change the colour without changing the original price... I'd pay for the RMC colour ... although.. wow $2600 for that

This sucks. I know many friends to looking to switch to EV. It's becoming unaffordable and no ev rebate. Ioniq seems like 1.5yrs wait. Too many price increases of late. I take delivery of 3LR next week, and I was on the fence about it. I am waiting for a YLR7 which probably won't come till end of the year. But will take delivery. Given the increase. Is it heading to 100k?

I was supposed to pick my MYLR Black on black.
Ordered it October 2021.
Delivery date was tomorrow and VIN was assigned.
Tesla contacts me yesterday, pushing my delivery to next week, and they removed the VIN.
Was my car assigned to someone else?