Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Performance models may head to 100K mark.
Now that will make it out of reach for many folks as the Fed's new luxury tax will kick in when your car is over 100K before taxes.

I was looking at Rivian's R1T but I gave up after the latest price increases. R1T easily becomes over 100K when I configure it the way I want it.
I am afraid same thing may happen with the Cybertruck when they finally announce pricing sometime in next year.

I see the price is up another $1K to $83,990. Also FSD finally got a raise and is now $12,800. MYP up $1,100.
That makes $7K worth of price increase this year alone. Can't even guess what the price will be when I take delivery in "December".
I just checked my account and I still have the cost of Adding FSD at $10,600. It does stipulate that adding it would lock changes to the vehicle details going forward though.

Reactions: arbitrage000
Edd narrowed to 2 weeks

OD 03/05 at Vaughan delivery centre

MYP blue/black tow no fsd

Was 05/16-06/13
Now 05/27-06/10

Crossing my fingers 🤞
Same config!
Ordered Feb 14th.
Was May 15-June 8th
Now May 20-June 2nd :)
Vaughan SA said he sees May 23rd delivery arrival. 🙏🏽

Already got my 295/35/21 Michelin AS oem for rears. Will move 275 to front rims and sell 255’s. I find the oem’s slightly stretched and prone to more curb rash for wheels. Can’t wait!

Anyone in Alberta getting delivery updates? Still on May 15 - 29 for me.

It's a simplistic view, and I'm likely in the minority, but why on earth would anyone invest in a really fun vehicle to drive and then pay $10k+ for a feature that makes it so you don't drive it? Full disclosure though that I tried FSD on a Model 3 performance and it cut across 2 lanes making a left hand turn and scared the **** out of me while I scrambled to turn it back into the proper lane.

Same config!
Ordered Feb 14th.
Was May 15-June 8th

Already got my 295/35/21 Michelin AS oem for rears. Will move 275 to front rims and sell 255’s. I find the oem’s slightly stretched and prone to more curb rash for wheels. Can’t wait!
Awesome! Sounding like you’re in the home stretch! The tire spec actually sounds like a good idea may consider going the same route

Awesome! Sounding like you’re in the home stretch! The tire spec actually sounds like a good idea may consider going the same route
Had to order from US. Cheaper and not avail in Can. Tire rack has the exact same oem spec tire that now comes on MYP. 👍🏽

Attachments

• 8E67948E-1412-4604-8E15-DDE7A1995284.jpeg
    8E67948E-1412-4604-8E15-DDE7A1995284.jpeg
    204.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Love
Reactions: Nuttyrugger
Same config!
Ordered Feb 14th.
Was May 15-June 8th

Same config as well
went with Dark Blue Metallic as I didn't/don't see many on the road and didn't just want to be another stock chalk white MYP out there in Ontario lol (no offence to the white cars)
My ED has only changed twice and still holding firm at May 30-June 27 for Lawrence location
Seeing gas this morning at 194.9 made me cringe and wonder how many more fill ups in my truck before I can get the MYP lol

Same config as well
went with Dark Blue Metallic as I didn't/don't see many on the road and didn't just want to be another stock chalk white MYP out there in Ontario lol (no offence to the white cars)
My ED has only changed twice and still holding firm at May 30-June 27 for Lawrence location
Seeing gas this morning at 194.9 made me cringe and wonder how many more fill ups in my truck before I can get the MYP lol
Agreed blue is one of those colours that is somewhat 2 tone. Lighter in sun and darker without. I find it sporty yet classy. 👍🏽

I see this below and feel for non EV owners…it’s coming to ON as well :(

88486FAE-00D9-4578-BA91-153B11E675A7.jpeg

F2E87DBD-D652-4212-A796-21F888F5B0A1.jpeg

Agreed blue is one of those colours that is somewhat 2 tone. Lighter in sun and darker without. I find it sporty yet classy. 👍🏽

I see this below and feel for non EV owners…it’s coming to ON as well :(

View attachment 801252

View attachment 801253
i totally agree the DBM looks lighter in the day/sun and darker at night which is what I really liked about it. Wife wanted the red, i had no issues with it if the upgrade charge was the same as DBM lol

$2.50/L is inevitable now this summer/fall and I was saying $2/L was coming summer...we're only in Spring
Love my truck but I don't love filling up. For the amount of $$ I spend on gas every month, it's finance payment to the MYP hence my switch..i'll miss the truck bed but I'll borrow my company delivery vehicles when needed =D

Reactions: Destiny1701
This sucks. I know many friends to looking to switch to EV. It's becoming unaffordable and no ev rebate. Ioniq seems like 1.5yrs wait. Too many price increases of late. I take delivery of 3LR next week, and I was on the fence about it. I am waiting for a YLR7 which probably won't come till end of the year. But will take delivery. Given the increase. Is it heading to 100k?
This. Sad but true. If EVs get unaffordable and the government keeps ignoring Tesla's simply because they are higher priced, I am sure the EV transition will be slow and painful. We are also not getting good competition for teslas which sucks. I hope Tesla is able to figure out a way to address demand and bring costs down and competitors to step up their game.

Curious how to look will be on the stock 21" wheels with the larger 295 rears and 275 rears moved to the fronts. I know the speedo won't be off by much jumping to the larger tires if improved cushy/comfort ride is better lol
Well the 255/275 setup is stretched that’s for sure. The 295/275 should be flush to the rim and maybe a slight bit extra for protection.

The rear rim is 10.5” and can easily accommodate 295. Same with front being 9.5 and fitting 275 max.

Tesla Auto Pilot is still beta officially. Ioniq 5 is not, it also includes auto lane change, auto parking and you can move your parked car from outside. Tesla can give all that too and more but you must pay extra, they even dropped the radar, now we have ghost braking, dropped the power cord, not pay extra, tripled the price at the fast charger... It is all money. We can't even use DC fast charging so we must use Tesla fast charger. others it is level 2 max. I have an Ioniq 5 on order but it was pushed back to 2nd quarter 2023, that is too long, but in Quebec the top model was 60K out the door. A far better deal for sure, but no good if you can't get it. I think that I will keep my order, with the increases in Tesla costs, I can probably sell mine for more than I paid when my Ioniq 5 arrives. They may have a lot more choices next year. When the competition increases tesla will probably drop its prices and the resale of those owning one will suffer.

Reactions: Memelord
Tesla Auto Pilot is still beta officially. Ioniq 5 is not, it also includes auto lane change, auto parking and you can move your parked car from outside. Tesla can give all that too and more but you must pay extra, they even dropped the radar, now we have ghost braking, dropped the power cord, not pay extra, tripled the price at the fast charger... It is all money. We can't even use DC fast charging so we must use Tesla fast charger. others it is level 2 max. I have an Ioniq 5 on order but it was pushed back to 2nd quarter 2023, that is too long, but in Quebec the top model was 60K out the door. A far better deal for sure, but no good if you can't get it. I think that I will keep my order, with the increases in Tesla costs, I can probably sell mine for more than I paid when my Ioniq 5 arrives. They may have a lot more choices next year. When the competition increases tesla will probably drop its prices and the resale of those owning one will suffer.
Samesies, i have the same thoughts but a Rivian R1s is when I sell next year