Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got bumped. Went from 4 week window to 5 week window! 5/26-6/23 moved to 7/13-8/17.

MYLR5 Red/Black 20", no tow, no FSD. OD 11/21. Toronto.

your config is similar to mine and we ordered the same day too!

i got bumped this morning from May 18-June 16 to July 12 - August 16.

MYLR White/Black 20", no tow, no FSD, OD 11/21/21

Did you get the text from them regarding trade in?

I replied back saying i have no trade in.

My MLYR pushed out a month from June 5-July 10 to now July 7- August 18. 😭
This is strange, I have MYLR ODD March 14, 2022 and is slated for June 16 to July 14. specs as below

• Model Y Long Range Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Full Self-Driving Capability
  • Tow Hitch
How does my car come before you?

As for FSD all cars are equipped with it, its software enablement (as per TESLA website) so wondering why you are so late or is my car really coming between dates I am told?

Last edited:
I Emailed my Sales Advisor to try to do this but he said changing from MYLR to MYP would still trigger current pricing as it is a different vehicle.
Thanks for the info. Just this morning I texted back to the text I got when I ordered. Waiting to see what they say. I may just change color and keep it as MYLR to see if that gets me an EDD more around September instead of December. If I'd optioned a color back in March the configurator was saying EDD September.

Your SA's info doesn't match up to what was reported in the Drive Tesla Canada article. They were able to go into their own MYLR order and could change to MYP for the old price (except a $600 Delivery fee increase that had occurred over time).

Thanks for the info. Just this morning I texted back to the text I got when I ordered. Waiting to see what they say. I may just change color and keep it as MYLR to see if that gets me an EDD more around September instead of December. If I'd optioned a color back in March the configurator was saying EDD September.

Your SA's info doesn't match up to what was reported in the Drive Tesla Canada article. They were able to go into their own MYLR order and could change to MYP for the old price (except a $600 Delivery fee increase that had occurred over time).
Yeah, he didn't say anything about opening up the edit function on my account as I still have no access to that function and he said he tried to do it for another customer and it didn't go well... so. I'll just wait it out. Still not adding FSD ! lol

This is strange, I have MLYR ODD March 14, 2022 and is slated for June 16 to July 14. specs as below

• 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch

As for FSD all cars are equipped with it, its software enablement (as per TESLA website) so wondering why you are so late or is my car really coming between dates I am told?
It is most likely because you have FSD on your car and he doesn't. Especially during that March timeframe when Tesla was really prioritizing anyone with FSD. Some were just adding it and getting a VIN within days if their order was a little bit older.

I don't think FSD is causing orders to come as soon anymore as Tesla closed the loophole but for those that had FSD during that timeframe the early EDDs seem to have stuck.

It is most likely because you have FSD on your car and he doesn't. Especially during that March timeframe when Tesla was really prioritizing anyone with FSD. Some were just adding it and getting a VIN within days if their order was a little bit older.

I don't think FSD is causing orders to come as soon anymore as Tesla closed the loophole but for those that had FSD during that timeframe the early EDDs seem to have stuck.
the loop hole they closed was people were getting earlier date with FSD And then cancelling FSD and keeping the dates. They closed that loophole so anyone cancels FSD it goes back to date without FSD.

I do agree TESLA was prioritizing FSD customers it was one of the reason I paid for FSD (and off course I am sucker for tech so want to use FSD capabilities too :) )

your config is similar to mine and we ordered the same day too!

i got bumped this morning from May 18-June 16 to July 12 - August 16.

MYLR White/Black 20", no tow, no FSD, OD 11/21/21

Did you get the text from them regarding trade in?

I replied back saying i have no trade in.
No, I have never received any texts from them. From what I've read, the "trade-in" text is a potential positive step towards getting a VIN!

Reactions: phillukk
This is strange, I have MYLR ODD March 14, 2022 and is slated for June 16 to July 14. specs as below

• 19’’ Gemini Wheels
  • Seven Seat Interior
  • Autopilot
  • Tow Hitch

I think it’s the FSD. They seem to be prioritizing FSD as it’s $ revenue so helps with their profit.

Did you get any further instructions either from your app or from an SA?
(Ie. downpayment, insurance, etc)
What's strange is since it was cash, the app is stuck on the wire transfer to the HSBC page. I have mailed SA and tried calling but no response. I have an insurance quote ready from TD but waiting for Tesla folks to initiate finance. No message or update related to anything

My touchpoints were:
1. Got a trade-in SMS on Saturday evening 9 pm
2. Sunday 4 pm app stopped working ( showing any EDD or order) and night 10:40 PM (I look a lot). app updated with new ETA and web showed MVPA and cash transfer details

Quick check is there a Canada number or other no I can call to get in touch with some Tesla Rep, mines useless

My guy at Pierre is on the ball. Not sure if he’ll assist those from other locations but you can try!
818853D0-4FE4-4E25-B6A9-58800A8FFF49.jpeg

[email protected]

Reactions: Memelord