Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately, I cant justify the $8k difference, along with the uncomfortable 21" wheels with lesser range as well. :(
I was in your boat going with MYLR originally then seeing the EDD keep pushing out to Jan 2023. I was so fixated on the mileage range from MYLR to MYP but the range is only a difference of 24km and very minuscule imho given I live by so many charging networks.
That potential 10-month wait for MYLR equated to $4000-$5000 of fuel cost with my Ram truck. That cost goes towards paying for the MYP difference and get the MYP sooner. I was able to test drive some friends MYP and tbh the 21" wheels won't break my back so I'm okay with that. Worst case i flip the 21" wheels for 19" still make out a bit..those were my justification to switching my order. I know it's different for all

Reactions: akidesir
I was in your boat going with MYLR originally then seeing the EDD keep pushing out to Jan 2023. I was so fixated on the mileage range from MYLR to MYP but the range is only a difference of 24km and very minuscule imho given I live by so many charging networks.
That potential 10-month wait for MYLR equated to $4000-$5000 of fuel cost with my Ram truck. That cost goes towards paying for the MYP difference and get the MYP sooner. I was able to test drive some friends MYP and tbh the 21" wheels won't break my back so I'm okay with that. Worst case i flip the 21" wheels for 19" still make out a bit..those were my justification to switching my order. I know it's different for all
I couldn't have justified this in better words.

My difference was much less. MYLR with upgraded wheels was like 79k and MYP was 85k so I did it as I do not have another mode of transport

You know...these are some pretty valid points. Well next dilemma is, I dont think Tesla would honour the pre-hike price. I got it a few days before the hike where it went up by like $1K ish

You know...these are some pretty valid points. Well next dilemma is, I dont think Tesla would honour the pre-hike price. I got it a few days before the hike where it went up by like $1K ish
Argh, you all have just got me to re-consider faster deliver switching to MYP again, as I thought I was good waiting. For me, it was the wheels. Living in Toronto, I need snow tires and can’t justify the $6k Tesla is charging for 21 snow tires. Reading around the forum, switching 19 0r 20 snow tires + rims isn’t easy because of the larger brake calipers. Think in the US there are much more tire retailers that can assist, but in Canada, options are quite limited.

May not be this thread, but if anybody has good winter tire suggestions for the MYP (installed and working), I may have to think about switching to MYP.

thanks all.

Hey guys! Just got my VIN and a tentative appointment book for delivery today.

I ordered a Model Y Performance in March 4, 2022 in Toronto. Just a quick question. For the tentative appointment booking system, it’s only have 1 day option on the schedule. Is it possible for us to reschedule for an earlier day of delivery? Thanks!
Best would be to contact your SA they may still be doing final inspections and fixing anything that didn’t come perfect right out of the factory which takes them a few days.

What were the specs of your order?

March 5th odd blue/black trying to gauge when I’ll get my car 🥲

Delivery at Vaughan.

Reactions: nevillator
I couldn't have justified this in better words.

My difference was much less. MYLR with upgraded wheels was like 79k and MYP was 85k so I did it as I do not have another mode of transport
Add in Accel boost for 3k and your price delta is now 3k. Also MYP now comes with Michelin all seasons as opposed to the Pirelli summers. Many owners reporting a better ride immediately.

As for winters, yes you can 100% swap into a 19’ set and calipers will fit just fine. Tesla says not recommended more for liability reasons relating to tires not being able to handle the power of the P version. But it fits just fine..

Try searching Kijiji for Tesla model Y winter tires. Tonnes of options :)

Also:

Last edited:
Use this link with your unique RN number at the end and you will get into the design studio to edit your order. https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#######
All pricing will show so you can see what the actual price would be. Since you ordered in May the pricing should be the same as what a MYP would have been when you ordered your MYLR. For myself with a March order it is slightly higher due to an increase in delivery costs (supposedly). But for the most part Tesla is honouring pricing at time of ordering now in Canada. This is new as of last week.

Reactions: phillukk
Hey guys! Just got my VIN and a tentative appointment book for delivery today.

I ordered a Model Y Performance in March 4, 2022 in Toronto. Just a quick question. For the tentative appointment booking system, it’s only have 1 day option on the schedule. Is it possible for us to reschedule for an earlier day of delivery? Thanks!
Hey congrats! I orders Feb 17th blue/blk/tow MYP for Vaughan. Still says May 23-june2. 🤷🏽‍♂️
What’s your config?

Use this link with your unique RN number at the end and you will get into the design studio to edit your order. https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#######
All pricing will show so you can see what the actual price would be. Since you ordered in May the pricing should be the same as what a MYP would have been when you ordered your MYLR. For myself with a March order it is slightly higher due to an increase in delivery costs (supposedly). But for the most part Tesla is honouring pricing at time of ordering now in Canada. This is new as of last week.
I used this link with success. No price change. However there is a short window after ordering but the info will show using that link.

For example: I ordered in Nov 21 2021 and upgraded to the 20” rims on Nov 28 just to get a sooner date of June 2022. Right now the EDD has changed so often I’ve lost track. I was 2 days from my 2 week window and they bumped me to July 12-Aug 16. But I did get a text about trade in last weekend. So who knows.

Right now I regret not going for the performance, I believe it was only 5k.

For example: I ordered in Nov 21 2021 and upgraded to the 20” rims on Nov 28 just to get a sooner date of June 2022. Right now the EDD has changed so often I’ve lost track. I was 2 days from my 2 week window and they bumped me to July 12-Aug 16. But I did get a text about trade in last weekend. So who knows.
As just a data point, my window was May 18 to June 15 for a long time. Last Friday (May 13, I got the Trade-in Text, and was given a vin and tighter delivery window of Jun 1-4 yesterday (May 18)

Reactions: phillukk
I tried this link and it just redirected me to my Account. No editing capability is visible.

Argh, you all have just got me to re-consider faster deliver switching to MYP again, as I thought I was good waiting. For me, it was the wheels. Living in Toronto, I need snow tires and can’t justify the $6k Tesla is charging for 21 snow tires. Reading around the forum, switching 19 0r 20 snow tires + rims isn’t easy because of the larger brake calipers. Think in the US there are much more tire retailers that can assist, but in Canada, options are quite limited.

May not be this thread, but if anybody has good winter tire suggestions for the MYP (installed and working), I may have to think about switching to MYP.

thanks all.
lots of tire shops in the GTA
From my go to wheel and tire shop I was quoted around $2300-$2700 for 19" winter package (allow rims + tires) all-in pricing with install included. TMPS on top of this price.

Figured I'd share a quick update on the order of the steps in the recent weeks, since it's a bit different than most:

Ottawa Ontario Order
April - EDD date dropped to 4 day window (May 20-24)
April 29th - "Trade in" text received
May 9th - Received Final Payment is now ready email
May 10th - After contacting Tesla Rep for question about final payment, he gave me my VIN (No VIN in app or website - but found in source code)
May 16th - "Congratulation, it's your turn to schedule your Model Y for Delivery" text received scheduled for May 26th
May 18th - VIN appeared in app in
May 26th - Scheduled Delivery

Fingers crossed that my delivery date/time holds!