Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with my delivery guy. He said the vehicle should be in Vaughan late Thursday night or Friday morning. Said he's waiting until it arrives to post the VIN on my account?
I have heard about such cases. The person canceled at last moment when the car was in transit due to changed plans or lack of funds etc. Hope you get this delivered

Reactions: Larry Healey
TD is pretty aggressive if you have their group discount.
I've been with TD for over 10 years because noone was able to beat their alumni discount.

But I recently got a quote from CAA which was a couple of hundred cheaper. I am thinking about switching.
I was with TD with Almuni and association discounts foe 13 yrs or so. Annoyed with annual increases. Caa quoted $60 cheaper per month plus the 2nd vehicle was even cheaper. Switched a month ago.

Reactions: garumaru
I was with TD with Almuni and association discounts foe 13 yrs or so. Annoyed with annual increases. Caa quoted $60 cheaper per month plus the 2nd vehicle was even cheaper. Switched a month ago.
I'm leaving TD for this very reason. I've been with them since 2009 on alumni and every year I don't have a claim nor an accident I get rewarded with an increase in my premium....but this year they presented me with the gift of letting me pay a new service fee of $2.95/month for paying for my insurance monthly instead of annually. The only lucky thing with this MYP's EDD getting pushed so many times is that my policy renewed each year in May so I was able to cancel without a penalty and will be able to start with someone else when this Tesla proves it is actually a real car. Anyone but TD for me moving forward.

I've been with TD for over 10 years because noone was able to beat their alumni discount.

But I recently got a quote from CAA which was a couple of hundred cheaper. I am thinking about switching.
Well got $1680/year from TD..not bad. $1000/deduc and full replacement value clause. Not bad for an MYP I think?
Multi vehicle discount plus house insurance plus alumni discount. 🤷🏽‍♂️

That's pretty good. At that rate I would stay with them.
Agreed. TD comes handy when making a claim. Never stressful, rental 5k and no daily limit, they pay on time and never argue whatsoever about the claim amount. Always a good experience with the adjusters …which you do pay for as a slight premium over other insurers. At least that’s our experience over 2 decades.

Finally picked up my Y this morning after 7.5 months. The pick up experience was well done as the Tesla folk were kind and helpful. As my wife and I did our inspection for 1.5 hours, the agent checked up on us every 15 minutes as we reported any new findings. The driver side A pillar was not flush to the hood and the right rear plastic wheel well cover was wobbly. Agent checked with the shop folks said that both fixes would require them to take the door panel off and would not guarantee it would be any better. I looked over to the white MYLR beside us and it had the same issue so I rather not take the chance to mess it up further. There was a paint chip that they 'fixed' on the spot with a touch up marker. Everything else was all good and Im just glad I finally have the car. I trusted my wife to check the passenger door there but when we got home she complained that the door wasnt closing properly. Only her door required slamming for the car to recognize that it was closed. So I booked a mobile service request to come by on Monday to have a look. The rear ppf did have a bubble between the car and ppf but they said it might take a week to drive so i will bring it up with the mobile team. I hope everyone else has a pleasant delivery! Good luck! Gotta drive it now!

Attachments

• 20220531_104943.jpg
    20220531_104943.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 20220531_104038.jpg
    20220531_104038.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 53
gonna expect an update experience from both you and @MYPMSM in terms of delivery quality :S
I got a Saturday 1130 am delivery time slot so ill providey feedback afterwards. Going with the family and it will be a surprise for the kids as they dont know about the purchase. Also taking 2 friends who have picked up their MYP and M3P so they can help look out for any issues.

@Destiny1701 - we may get to meet in Vaughn after all.

Try getting a quote from The Personal which is owned by Desjardins. I've been with them for a number of years as was quoted around $1300 a year however that includes a corporate discount.

Reactions: StTT
Finally picked up my Y this morning after 7.5 months. The pick up experience was well done as the Tesla folk were kind and helpful. As my wife and I did our inspection for 1.5 hours, the agent checked up on us every 15 minutes as we reported any new findings. The driver side A pillar was not flush to the hood and the right rear plastic wheel well cover was wobbly. Agent checked with the shop folks said that both fixes would require them to take the door panel off and would not guarantee it would be any better. I looked over to the white MYLR beside us and it had the same issue so I rather not take the chance to mess it up further. There was a paint chip that they 'fixed' on the spot with a touch up marker. Everything else was all good and Im just glad I finally have the car. I trusted my wife to check the passenger door there but when we got home she complained that the door wasnt closing properly. Only her door required slamming for the car to recognize that it was closed. So I booked a mobile service request to come by on Monday to have a look. The rear ppf did have a bubble between the car and ppf but they said it might take a week to drive so i will bring it up with the mobile team. I hope everyone else has a pleasant delivery! Good luck! Gotta drive it now!
I'm also waiting for my white MYLR (OD early Nov), so thanks for sharing your experience and good luck with the service fixes/adjustments!

Congrats on your car delivery!
btw, what is the rule for reporting delivery defects and getting it fixed? Does it have to be done on the spot during delivery or maybe I can look at home within 24(?) or so hours?

Congrats on your car delivery!
btw, what is the rule for reporting delivery defects and getting it fixed? Does it have to be done on the spot during delivery or maybe I can look at home within 24(?) or so hours?
You will have 72 hours or 1000km …or close thereof to report delivery issues. Ie. Take pics, video etc and make an appt.

Even after this, manuf defects exterior/interior are warranty items for 4 yrs/80k so wouldn’t worry about it too much. You can book a service appt anytime even 2-3 weeks later. Our model 3 had a hood alignment issue which was addressed over a month after delivery.

Whatever you don’t see on delivery falls under 4/80. :)

Send some pics on the A pillar/loose piece. I find it odd they said it won’t get any better.

Reactions: seanoh5
You will have 72 hours or 1000km …or close thereof to report delivery issues. Ie. Take pics, video etc and make an appt.

Even after this, manuf defects exterior/interior are warranty items for 4 yrs/80k so wouldn’t worry about it too much. You can book a service appt anytime even 2-3 weeks later. Our model 3 had a hood alignment issue which was addressed over a month after delivery.

Whatever you don’t see on delivery falls under 4/80. :)

Send some pics on the A pillar/loose piece. I find it odd they said it won’t get any better.
Kitchener showroom had a service document for 24 hours and no km limit. so they seem to have updated their policies

Reactions: seanoh5
Kitchener showroom had a service document for 24 hours and no km limit. so they seem to have updated their policies
Maybe so. I had 72/1000km when I picked up my model 3 in Jan. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Either way, everything falls under 4yr/80k bumper to bumper. I’d discovered my drivers door was low by 1-2mm after 6 weeks and odd trim match…and they addressed it under manuf warranty. It actually didn’t present at delivery…maybe settled after a number of door swings lol who knows..