Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally took delivery on Friday after eight months. Delivery experience was efficient and good. Traded in Nissan Titan for far too little but few options for V8 truck in today’s gas price climate.

I neglected to be as patient in delivery inspection as I might have been and there were a few panel gaps. I haven’t asked for a service appointment yet and I hope I’m not too late. Overall, no other problems with the car so far. The interior seems fine and I can live with the three modest panel issues.

After 200 km of random driving over the weekend, the car somewhat exceeds my expectations in terms of driving and overall experience and even ride quality. I personally don’t find the ride too harsh but I’m comparing to my BMW i3 (still own, fun car) which really transmits every bump in the road. The MY is heavy compared to the i3 with its carbon/composite frame and achieves it’s impressive acceleration through brute force but is quite exhilarating nonetheless. Driving position, invisibility, handling, aesthetics—all excellent. Not better or worse than the BMW… Just different.

I spent the weekend installing the many accessories I’ve purchased over the last eight months and plan to do a roof curve pillar delete in satin black to increase the overall black accent on white car look.

To those waiting, your car will come! It does fully appear to be worth the wait.

My wife looked at the Tesla app yesterday and told me that our EDD changed from June 7 - 27th to May 30th to June 6th. I was surprised, thought nothing of it and checked the source code this morning and found my vin by searching 7SA. Shortly after, I got my text to schedule my pickup for this Wed to Friday however I'm trying to see if i can schedule it for Saturday in Vaughn. Tesla was quick to send a follow up text this evening reminding me to set a pickup date otherwise my MYP will be given to the next customer. I spent the rest of my afternoon submittingy trade in, getting my financing setup, scheduling my PPF and tint for next week, buying my remaining accessories and will do a paint correction this week.

My wife looked at the Tesla app yesterday and told me that our EDD changed from June 7 - 27th to May 30th to June 6th. I was surprised, thought nothing of it and checked the source code this morning and found my vin by searching 7SA. Shortly after, I got my text to schedule my pickup for this Wed to Friday however I'm trying to see if i can schedule it for Saturday in Vaughn. Tesla was quick to send a follow up text this evening reminding me to set a pickup date otherwise my MYP will be given to the next customer. I spent the rest of my afternoon submittingy trade in, getting my financing setup, scheduling my PPF and tint for next week, buying my remaining accessories and will do a paint correction this week.
Awesome bud! My MYP is 12 noon Sat Vaughan. Maybe we’ll meet :)

Reactions: Memelord
Did you have Saturday as an option for pickup or did you have to request it? My only options are to pickup this Wed, Thurs or Friday.
At the time last week I had 6 slots available on Sat. Probably all gone now given it’s the highest volume pick up day…and for all models not just Y. Tbh, you’re better off on a weekday so you have more time to go over the car properly. In my past deliveries, weekends are so packed that they rush you out quickly as next appt slot is in 20 min.

I’ve done this enough times now so I’m used to it and I know what to look for quickly, text myself all the deficiencies and make a service appt the second I login and drive 10 meters away lol. Unless there is something glaring on the paint which they usually attend to asap, everything can be fixed on the first follow up service appt.

Good luck with your pick up!

Reactions: karsten88
The car has minor cosmetic defects to watch out for. The major one is the rear boot door being misaligned with a gap at one side (pic is in wife's phone I guess, so not posting it here). Rest other defects below

bottom cladding gap
IMG_4457.jpg

Rear door handle sticking out and not flush
IMG_4493.jpg

Rear door doesn't close flush
IMG_4494.jpg

Front panel sticking out and not flush with bumper
IMG_4458.jpg

Reactions: garumaru
The car has minor cosmetic defects to watch out for. The major one is the rear boot door being misaligned with a gap at one side (pic is in wife's phone I guess, so not posting it here). Rest other defects below

bottom cladding gap
View attachment 810935

Rear door handle sticking out and not flush
View attachment 810938

Rear door doesn't close flush
View attachment 810939
Front panel sticking out and not flush with bumper
View attachment 810937That’s not bad at all. They can fix all of these issues :) how’s the drive?

Have clocked about 538km now. The car drives amazing for its tires and suspension (same as MYLR but much worse than any other car half its price, gets unsettled very easily in a bump). You will feel the weight of the car on turns and roundabouts and the brakes do feel underpowered at highway speed.

Autopilot on Highway 401 construction zones (60kmph and 40kmph advised signs) does phantom breaking and tried to create a crash so be aware of that

Overall I am very pleased with the car and the esp with the really low cost to travel 500 km

Reactions: garumaru
I have raced once as I do not like unsafe driving (my mileage is usually (149 to 159 wh/km). But I surprised myself on an empty stretch, it feels as if your stomach is turning and hands are leaving the steering when floored. It's maddening the acceleration on the MYP, no one in their right mind needs anything faster than this

Reactions: MYPDBM
I have raced once as I do not like unsafe driving (my mileage is usually (149 to 159 wh/km). But I surprised myself on an empty stretch, it feels as if your stomach is turning and hands are leaving the steering when floored. It's maddening the acceleration on the MYP, no one in their right mind needs anything faster than this
I felt this as well during my test drive of the MYP. I can't imagine what a MS/MX Plaid would feel like lol.

At the time last week I had 6 slots available on Sat. Probably all gone now given it’s the highest volume pick up day…and for all models not just Y. Tbh, you’re better off on a weekday so you have more time to go over the car properly. In my past deliveries, weekends are so packed that they rush you out quickly as next appt slot is in 20 min.

I’ve done this enough times now so I’m used to it and I know what to look for quickly, text myself all the deficiencies and make a service appt the second I login and drive 10 meters away lol. Unless there is something glaring on the paint which they usually attend to asap, everything can be fixed on the first follow up service appt.

Good luck with your pick up!
gonna expect an update experience from both you and @MYPMSM in terms of delivery quality :S

Reactions: Destiny1701
Have clocked about 538km now. The car drives amazing for its tires and suspension (same as MYLR but much worse than any other car half its price, gets unsettled very easily in a bump). You will feel the weight of the car on turns and roundabouts and the brakes do feel underpowered at highway speed.

Autopilot on Highway 401 construction zones (60kmph and 40kmph advised signs) does phantom breaking and tried to create a crash so be aware of that

Overall I am very pleased with the car and the esp with the really low cost to travel 500 km
Nice! Try reducing psi to 39 and you’ll feel the diff right away on all those small bumps 👍🏽
Haha you’ll get used to the power one day and will want a ludicrous mode added lol 😂

The power gets addictive quite fast!

Send some wider pics of the whole car :)

My account just updated.

EDD2- May 31 - June 6th? How is this possible?? No VIN in source code..
That's what happened to me over the weekend. Most likely somebody cancelled their order.
My EDD shrank to 7 days from 14 days window on Saturday. I was able to search VIN in the source code.
They sent me a text to book an appointment on Sunday.
Now my delivery date is scheduled for 6/08 but I still don't see a VIN on my order page nor the MVPA.

You sure you are searching for '7sa'? Try with '5yj' as well maybe?