Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ended up adding FSD to my account, as per SA the car is at the delivery centre and I should be getting it sometime this week, I got FSD for $10,600 as I ordered back in Jan. Wondering if it's even worth it?
I have added FSD to my order as well, but I was all debating if I should keep it or not. Seems like I have a choice till before the delivery should I remove this feature. Rumor around price hike makes me think twice about dropping it at 10k cost lock. 10k is not a small amount of money to justify a software feature in the car, however, with recent release of the beta software (I have watched the latest video clips from youtube after the new software release.) it has been improving a lot. So I am not even sure myself if I should keep FSD or drop it. ahhhh....

Reactions: ahmadtajwer
I have added FSD to my order as well, but I was all debating if I should keep it or not. Seems like I have a choice till before the delivery should I remove this feature. Rumor around price hike makes me think twice about dropping it at 10k cost lock. 10k is not a small amount of money to justify a software feature in the car, however, with recent release of the beta software (I have watched the latest video clips from youtube after the new software release.) it has been improving a lot. So I am not even sure myself if I should keep FSD or drop it. ahhhh....
I am stupid to add it week before delivery but if someone wants to add it beforehand, it will fasten the process for sure.

TBH I think EAP is a good compromise for an average person, who most likely will keep the car for a couple years and sell it to the next owner, so investing a whopping 5 figure just for FSD and watch a majority of that $ going in trash is bad decision.

As well the fact that I don't think FSD is going to be a mature and trustworthy yet in city driving, and you probably need more attentive than having to drive on your own, in fact the highway ramp-to-ramp autonomous driving is just a much better bet now and possibly in the next few years before city autonomous driving really matures. So the $6400 is a decent half price option for retaining 80% of the FSD features, and makes more financial senses.

Reactions: Joey_82
Anyone have a contact number for Tesla? I can’t seem to find one to talk to someone about switching my financing.
I see the Saskatoon dealership lists 639-398-5536 local number...have you tried that yet?

Also if you go to Tesla.com, go to the Solar roof page and you should see a Chat icon bottom right of the page. You can start a chat and they should be able to help you from there.

I tried that number and I just get booted around with an automated voice and can’t reach anyone no matter what options I pick.
I phoned before to chat so I don’t know what is going on…
Did you get text messages from Tesla when first placing your order? I was able to text back to that number to ask questions. The number seems to change as during my text conversation with the original number I started getting a reply from another number continuing on the conversation.

Also you may have missed my edit to my other post but you can try the chat icon on Tesla.com...go to the Solar roof page and it will show up bottom right.

Reactions: MrsWinterWheat
Did you get text messages from Tesla when first placing your order? I was able to text back to that number to ask questions. The number seems to change as during my text conversation with the original number I started getting a reply from another number continuing on the conversation.

Also you may have missed my edit to my other post but you can try the chat icon on Tesla.com...go to the Solar roof page and it will show up bottom right.
Thank you!
I will text the number as well, I have the same thing that the conversation seems to continue on a different number.

Hi All

Have to a lerker since i order my MYP... Finally today got a confirmed delivery date and VIN assign... like everyone else have been constantly check the app/website/source code since day one.

OD: May 22, 2022
MYP White on Black.. NO Tow.. No FSD
May 22 - EDD Aug 3 - Sept 14
June 11 - EED July 30 - Sep 3
July 02 - EDD Aug 2 - Aug 30
July 27 - EDD Aug 13 - Aug 27
Aug 9 - EDD Aug 26 - Sept 9
Aug 23 - EDD Aug 23 - Aug 27 (11:50am)
Aug 23 - Found MVAP with VIN# assigned F523
Aug 23 - Delivery Set Aug 26 4PM (Pick up at Barrie/Innisfil)

Originally i had the payment set to cash as per advise by the SA... Today when i got the VIN assigned, i request to financing, which the SA switched right away.. I completed the application on the account/portal, and got approved within 30sec....

Was approved by RBC and rate is 5.90% for 96month...

Let see how the delivery go on Friday... Can't believe this is happening!!... it will be a LONG 3 day wait....

My son made a Tesla logo when he found out we ordered a Tesla.. LOL
20220819_093730.jpg

Hi All

Have to a lerker since i order my MYP... Finally today got a confirmed delivery date and VIN assign... like everyone else have been constantly check the app/website/source code since day one.

OD: May 22, 2022
MYP White on Black.. NO Tow.. No FSD
May 22 - EDD Aug 3 - Sept 14
June 11 - EED July 30 - Sep 3
July 02 - EDD Aug 2 - Aug 30
July 27 - EDD Aug 13 - Aug 27
Aug 9 - EDD Aug 26 - Sept 9
Aug 23 - EDD Aug 23 - Aug 27 (11:50am)
Aug 23 - Found MVAP with VIN# assigned F523
Aug 23 - Delivery Set Aug 26 4PM (Pick up at Barrie/Innisfil)

Originally i had the payment set to cash as per advise by the SA... Today when i got the VIN assigned, i request to financing, which the SA switched right away.. I completed the application on the account/portal, and got approved within 30sec....

Was approved by RBC and rate is 5.90% for 96month...

Let see how the delivery go on Friday... Can't believe this is happening!!... it will be a LONG 3 day wait....

My son made a Tesla logo when he found out we ordered a Tesla.. LOL
View attachment 844228
Got the same delivery date and (almost) the same time for pickup (mind the time difference). Hope it all goes well!

Hey Guys,

Talk about being surprised; checked the app and I now see EDD Aug 26 to Sep 1!

MVPA and Source code had VIN of F520*** in it (nothing directly in the Mobile App listed yet).

Most recent updates for my Jan 1, 2022 order of MYLR7 white/black/19/no tow/FSD:

Aug 13: EDD went from Aug 27 - Sept 23 (4 week) to Aug 30 - Sept 13 (2 week)

Aug 20: Trade-in text (I replied thanking for the offer, but I had no plans of trading anything in.)

Aug 21: Upgraded from EAP to FSD (due the price increase that appears to be coming down the line). Once I upgraded to FSD, I noticed I didn't have the option to downgrade again (ie. before i upgraded to FSD it let me switch between Basic/EAP/FSD) even though I had no plans of removing FSD.

Aug 23 (Today morning): Sent a message to the same number that texted me about trade-in offer a few days earlier and asked if they could give me a more accurate delivery date; upto this point it was still Aug 30 - Sep 13.

Aug 23 (Today evening): Received email saying prepare for delivery, and received text response from the same number stating It should be arriving in the next week or so.

I am not sure if adding FSD made a difference as my EDD was already really close and narrowing, nor am I sure if sending a text sped up the process or not.

Just thought I'd share in case it's helpful to anyone else! :)

Took delivery today. Was fast and seamless. Everything looks great! The only issue is that my data connection seems to have stopped working after my first stop (parked to run into the office for 10 min). I can't seem to get it working again, including a wheel size reset and a steering wheel reset. It's in getting PPF now so will stop at the SC on Monday if its not working still.

- Michelin all-seasons
- new door panels
- NO cargo cover (but SA said he saw the first one arrive today)

IMG_6884.jpeg

was ok
Took delivery today. Was fast and seamless. Everything looks great! The only issue is that my data connection seems to have stopped working after my first stop (parked to run into the office for 10 min). I can't seem to get it working again, including a wheel size reset and a steering wheel reset. It's in getting PPF now so will stop at the SC on Monday if its not working still.

- Michelin all-seasons
- new door panels
- NO cargo cover (but SA said he saw the first one arrive today)

View attachment 844341
whats the VIN?

So on July 1 I ordered the MYLR MSM, 5 seats, Tow, No FSD. On July 4 I ordered a M3LR and just picked it up on Aug 20 (47 days from order to pickup).

The EDD for the MY is still Feb 2 to March 30. I am thinking about a color change, contacted the SA yesterday and got him to enable the edit order. He asked what I was changing and I told him I'm thinking about changing the color and he said he'd recommend you change that closer to your EDD. He confirmed with a price change you'll need to do a new loan application and they are only good for 60 days.

So my question is when I get to a smaller EDD like the 5 week EDD window and I make a color change then do I stay in the queue at that place? I've seen conflicting reports that it'll push me back into the queue for that color MY now and even possibly change your order date.

They already did a credit check on order, likely they'll have to do one again regardless as the wait time is beyond 60 days but I really don't want them doing a 3rd check if I can help it.

Thoughts?