Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So on July 1 I ordered the MYLR MSM, 5 seats, Tow, No FSD. On July 4 I ordered a M3LR and just picked it up on Aug 20 (47 days from order to pickup).

The EDD for the MY is still Feb 2 to March 30. I am thinking about a color change, contacted the SA yesterday and got him to enable the edit order. He asked what I was changing and I told him I'm thinking about changing the color and he said he'd recommend you change that closer to your EDD. He confirmed with a price change you'll need to do a new loan application and they are only good for 60 days.

So my question is when I get to a smaller EDD like the 5 week EDD window and I make a color change then do I stay in the queue at that place? I've seen conflicting reports that it'll push me back into the queue for that color MY now and even possibly change your order date.

They already did a credit check on order, likely they'll have to do one again regardless as the wait time is beyond 60 days but I really don't want them doing a 3rd check if I can help it.

Thoughts?
The one thing that I've read over and over again on here is that it is best to change your order to cash. Then once you get a VIN you can switch to financing, have a single credit check run and go ahead. Too many stories of financing lapsing and EDDs getting screwed up. Much safer for your EDD and credit score to not have credit checks run every 60 days. Especially with how inaccurate Tesla EDDs seem to be.

I haven't read anything about color changes helping or hurting EDD and haven't read anything relating to timing of doing it. The only time a color change can help an EDD is if you have a totally stock order and switch from white or MSM to one of the other colors that cost more. But in your case you already have an option on your order (tow hitch) so I don't think changing colors is going to do much of anything to your EDD whether you do it now or later. A color change can hurt an EDD if you have an optioned color with no other options and then switch to white or MSM....that could delay an EDD by 3 months.

When it comes down to your delivery window the color you have selected is going to have some affect on your exact final delivery date because it seems Tesla makes a batch of one color and then a batch of another but there is no known pattern. So no one really knows how having a particular color may have helped or hindered their final delivery date. But I'd assume any changes based on color will be in the matter of weeks and not months at that point.

In my case I had a totally base order with MSM. I switched to Blue and got significant improvements in my EDD withing 24hrs and then recently have had a couple months shaved off of the EDD. But because you already have Tow you are unlikely to see an EDD change if you switch from MSM to an up charge color.

Reactions: ThunderBay3Y
My estimated deliver to Vancouver changed just recently to Aug 27-Sept10. I haven't received any update or VIN yet, so I'm anticipating it'll be in the latter part of that window, but the Tesla advisor said the dates get pretty accurate when the window is that small and that close. I ordered a grey, 5 seat, tow, no FSD, 19" wheels.

My son is damn near giddy - won't stop asking if I have any update yet. He really hopes we get the new doors, I really hope we get the new headlights and everything is bolted on straight. Priorities!

After waiting since December 3 last year, the edd dates finally up moved closer. Getting excited again after having the dates pushed back multiple times.

Attachments

• 2F8E40EC-96FC-42BB-B26C-B191CAD3F38D.jpeg
    2F8E40EC-96FC-42BB-B26C-B191CAD3F38D.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 153
Probably US buyers are waiting for tax credit next year.
I don't think so, the tax rebate is really convoluted and it's difficult to qualify with a MY. You can delay here and there, but cant delay for 5 months. They just cancel your order and you go to the back of line with a new price tag.
I'd say it is quarter end and they are pushing out as many vehicles as they can.
Fingers crossed for an update for me, I am in the 5 week window now, Oct - Nov. Maybe I can get a Sept delivery.

Reactions: Skier70 and rayli