Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, my Dec 2021 order that had many 2 week EDDs, and now has been sitting with an EDD of Oct4-Nov1 for a while has just suddenly changed this morning:

MVPA updated, email re payment received, and EDD now showing Sep17-24 (which is suddenly this week).

Only issue is the VIN shows F496XXX, and I've seen Y's getting delivered with VINs in the F54XXXX range. I have to imagine 496 is ~50,000 vehicles back in production, likely won't get matrix lights / parcel shelf / new interior door panels, but maybe worse is a prior rejected delivery?

My first instinct is to reject but would be curious to see this at least. I haven't had any communication with an SA at all. Any thoughts on how best to proceed? Thanks!

Well, my Dec 2021 order that had many 2 week EDDs, and now has been sitting with an EDD of Oct4-Nov1 for a while has just suddenly changed this morning:

MVPA updated, email re payment received, and EDD now showing Sep17-24 (which is suddenly this week).

Only issue is the VIN shows F496XXX, and I've seen Y's getting delivered with VINs in the F54XXXX range. I have to imagine 496 is ~50,000 vehicles back in production, likely won't get matrix lights / parcel shelf / new interior door panels, but maybe worse is a prior rejected delivery?

My first instinct is to reject but would be curious to see this at least. I haven't had any communication with an SA at all. Any thoughts on how best to proceed? Thanks!
I was so tired of waiting I was ready to accept with the shipping damage lol.

I would at least go have a look if possible. It may have been because buyer was away and could not accept.

Reactions: Joey_82
Is it easy to change the colour, can it be done online by editing the order?
I went to the solar panels page and used the chat. Just asked them to make my order editable and gave the RN order number. They did it immediately and then you can change your design.

If you selected financing I'd recommend changing it to cash otherwise apparently if the price changes on your design they'll do another credit check even though your order delivery may be months away.

I was so tired of waiting I was ready to accept with the shipping damage lol.

I would at least go have a look if possible. It may have been because buyer was away and could not accept.

Good call, I do want to at least go take a look. The VIN though feels like far enough back that it’s maybe been through a few rejections.

I went to the solar panels page and used the chat. Just asked them to make my order editable and gave the RN order number. They did it immediately and then you can change your design.

If you selected financing I'd recommend changing it to cash otherwise apparently if the price changes on your design they'll do another credit check even though your order delivery may be months away.

Good to know, thanks!

Alright, some updates. Weird situation. Also, yesterday after I received notice for payment notification, and EDD moved to Sep 17-24, I also got notice to schedule delivery, with times on Monday 19th or Tuesday 20th. Kind of odd how quickly they were available.

Quick recap - order early Dec 2021. white Y LR, induction wheels as the only upgrade. Original EDD May-June, then by July it shrunk to 2 weeks, and then 4-5 2 week EDD windows with the final one being Sep 11-25. And then it was pushed to Oct4-Nov1. But yesterday I suddenly received payment notification and EDD moved up to Sep 17 and delivery available Sep 19. VIN 496XXX which is odd as I've notice recent deliveries have VINs 545-549.

I stop by Tesla today. Notice demo Y with dealer plates. Peak at the VIN and its 497XXX. I then see someone taking delivery of a white Y, peak at the VIN quickly and its 547XXX.

I go inside and there's a SA available, and he's pretty helpful. Looks up my account, and says "oh you reserved a demo model?" Me "no, what do you mean?" Him "it shows you have a demo / test drive model from the Sherway location reserved. 1700km on it, but it's discounted." I'm quite confused but I ask about the discount, and turns out to be a whopping $600.

I explain to him my order is from 2021, just continually have EDD moved back, and it was currently Oct-Nov, but yesterday I received payment + delivery email. He found it very odd how that demo was assigned and hasn't seen it happen before unless a customer requests one that is available. Anyway, he removed it from my account, and I was able to log in to see the VIN is gone now. He warned me though that if you reject deliveries like this more than a few times Tesla will cancel your order.

Honestly feels somewhat frustrating. I have a 3, and so this is our second Tesla, and I'm not in a rush for it, but getting continually pushed while seeing more recent orders fulfilled kind of sucks. And then somehow having a demo attached to my order. I don't get it.

Anyway, back to the waiting game.

Alright, some updates. Weird situation. Also, yesterday after I received notice for payment notification, and EDD moved to Sep 17-24, I also got notice to schedule delivery, with times on Monday 19th or Tuesday 20th. Kind of odd how quickly they were available.

Quick recap - order early Dec 2021. white Y LR, induction wheels as the only upgrade. Original EDD May-June, then by July it shrunk to 2 weeks, and then 4-5 2 week EDD windows with the final one being Sep 11-25. And then it was pushed to Oct4-Nov1. But yesterday I suddenly received payment notification and EDD moved up to Sep 17 and delivery available Sep 19. VIN 496XXX which is odd as I've notice recent deliveries have VINs 545-549.

I stop by Tesla today. Notice demo Y with dealer plates. Peak at the VIN and its 497XXX. I then see someone taking delivery of a white Y, peak at the VIN quickly and its 547XXX.

I go inside and there's a SA available, and he's pretty helpful. Looks up my account, and says "oh you reserved a demo model?" Me "no, what do you mean?" Him "it shows you have a demo / test drive model from the Sherway location reserved. 1700km on it, but it's discounted." I'm quite confused but I ask about the discount, and turns out to be a whopping $600.

I explain to him my order is from 2021, just continually have EDD moved back, and it was currently Oct-Nov, but yesterday I received payment + delivery email. He found it very odd how that demo was assigned and hasn't seen it happen before unless a customer requests one that is available. Anyway, he removed it from my account, and I was able to log in to see the VIN is gone now. He warned me though that if you reject deliveries like this more than a few times Tesla will cancel your order.

Honestly feels somewhat frustrating. I have a 3, and so this is our second Tesla, and I'm not in a rush for it, but getting continually pushed while seeing more recent orders fulfilled kind of sucks. And then somehow having a demo attached to my order. I don't get it.

Anyway, back to the waiting game.
Thats ridiculous, I love my M3 and am looking forward to the MY but man some of the things Tesla does and gets away with (or tries to get away with) boggles the mind.

Thats ridiculous, I love my M3 and am looking forward to the MY but man some of the things Tesla does and gets away with (or tries to get away with) boggles the mind.

Same here. Love my 3, but having paid for FSD capability years ago it frustrates me that I still don’t have access to the current beta. And now these ongoing delays with the Y. At times I feel like just jumping ship.