Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright, some updates. Weird situation. Also, yesterday after I received notice for payment notification, and EDD moved to Sep 17-24, I also got notice to schedule delivery, with times on Monday 19th or Tuesday 20th. Kind of odd how quickly they were available.

Quick recap - order early Dec 2021. white Y LR, induction wheels as the only upgrade. Original EDD May-June, then by July it shrunk to 2 weeks, and then 4-5 2 week EDD windows with the final one being Sep 11-25. And then it was pushed to Oct4-Nov1. But yesterday I suddenly received payment notification and EDD moved up to Sep 17 and delivery available Sep 19. VIN 496XXX which is odd as I've notice recent deliveries have VINs 545-549.

I stop by Tesla today. Notice demo Y with dealer plates. Peak at the VIN and its 497XXX. I then see someone taking delivery of a white Y, peak at the VIN quickly and its 547XXX.

I go inside and there's a SA available, and he's pretty helpful. Looks up my account, and says "oh you reserved a demo model?" Me "no, what do you mean?" Him "it shows you have a demo / test drive model from the Sherway location reserved. 1700km on it, but it's discounted." I'm quite confused but I ask about the discount, and turns out to be a whopping $600.

I explain to him my order is from 2021, just continually have EDD moved back, and it was currently Oct-Nov, but yesterday I received payment + delivery email. He found it very odd how that demo was assigned and hasn't seen it happen before unless a customer requests one that is available. Anyway, he removed it from my account, and I was able to log in to see the VIN is gone now. He warned me though that if you reject deliveries like this more than a few times Tesla will cancel your order.

Honestly feels somewhat frustrating. I have a 3, and so this is our second Tesla, and I'm not in a rush for it, but getting continually pushed while seeing more recent orders fulfilled kind of sucks. And then somehow having a demo attached to my order. I don't get it.

Anyway, back to the waiting game.
Many of us ordered from Oct 2021 added fsd recently and got the delivery within a few weeks. You may want to try that and remove fsd after booking delivery appointment.

Appreciate the tip and suggestion - but I already added FSD in the summer.

I'm sure it's coming, I notice in the Oct and Nov order threads there are still people waiting too.
How pathetic there're still people waiting for a LR from 2021, while we're in September 2022 Tesla is delivering MYP on average of 30~45 DAYS and make LR customer wait 30~45 WEEKS.

I agree, the only thing I would say is prior to going Tesla I ordered an Ioniq5 and was told 1 to 1.5 years. I then ordered a M3LR and got it in 43 days and ordered the MYLR. So as long as the LR for me is less than 1 to 1.5 year wait it's a win for me.

But I agree stupid the MYPs for the few extra thousand come out that much faster.

I agree. The industry seems like there are insane waitlists all around. The more frustrating aspect with this MYLR wait. My 2021 order had original EDD of May-June, and my current EDD is Oct-Nov. After at least four 2 week EDD windows from July through September. Sucks seeing several LR deliveries from spring 2022 order dates. But at this point at least I'll likely catch several updates like matrix lights, parcel shelf, interior door trim, etc.

The MYP deliveries are interesting. I have to imagine there's much lower volume for the P and even then they do not have as much of a backlog.

Also, recent orders of the LR showing Dec 2022 delivery is interesting. Are they expecting significant ramp up of production in Austin maybe? They still have 2021 orders unfulfilled yet they are expecting to deliver new orders within 3 months?

I noticed that last night and was wondering that as well.

How many units do they build in Fremont per week? I read 14,000/week somewhere. Is this accurate?

Austin just reached 1,000/week sometime last month, I believe. So maybe they're at 1,500-1600 now?

You might be right about the ramp up as Austin scales out

Hey guys, I've never purchased a brand new car before.
Do you think this optional Limited Waiver of Depreciation coverage is worth it for Model Y? Insurance is trying to upsell this for ~$10/month extra.

My understanding is that it gives the owner the full purchase price instead of replacement cost in case of a total loss. But MYs have a higher replacement cost than the price I am paying. Are you getting this? What do you think?

Thanks!

Hey guys, I've never purchased a brand new car before.
Do you think this optional Limited Waiver of Depreciation coverage is worth it for Model Y? Insurance is trying to upsell this for ~$10/month extra.

My understanding is that it gives the owner the full purchase price instead of replacement cost in case of a total loss. But MYs have a higher replacement cost than the price I am paying. Are you getting this? What do you think?

Thanks!
From my understanding, the depreciation waiver will always cover you with the "current" sticker price instead of the amortized value, and in this case the replacement cost will always be newest posted price of the model Y instead of what you paid or adjusted value of your current vehicle.

And to me for $10/mth of this clause is a steal IMO, mind you I am also with TD, the same clause I have now to insure my 2019 RX350 is $500/yr, which is currently sits #1 on stolen vehicle ranking.

Reactions: akidesir and RMK90
Question for the 7 seater folks. Did your car come with the cargo cover?
The only cars I've seen come with cargo cover are MYLR from Austin and MYP from Fremont.
I don't think Austin is building 7 seaters yet.
Even if they are, and the 7 seater can accommodate the cargo cover, no Austin cars have come to Canada yet.

You may get more info in the 7 seater thread...

MYP Blue/Black/No Tow/No FSD
OD: June 24
EDD1 Aug-Oct
EDD2 Aug25-Oct26 (June24)
EDD3 Sept2-Oct3 (July13)
EDD4 Sept5-Oct3 (Aug17)
EDD5 Sept8-22 (Aug23)
EDD6 Sept5-16 (Aug30)
EDD7 Sept8-23 (Aug31)
EDD8 Nov9-Dec21 (Sept10)
EDD9 Sepr28-Oct12 (Sept17)

Some head scratching EDDs the last month. Patiently waiting, not sure if I'll get the end of quarter push.

Reactions: RMK90
Yep, lots of weird stuff happening. Probably just a re-shuffle of the orders.

Or a hacker has taken everything down lol.

Mine was showing a blue model 3 for a while, then just a black screen with an error message.

*funny enough it is only for new orders, the link to my existing car is fine which suggest the delivery times are being updated. Just a guess though.