Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow. Just wow.

My Dec 6, 2021 order, after the whole ordeal (below), now shows Dec 2022 - Jan 2023 for EDD.

Original EDD: May-June 2022
Many 2 week EDDs in July, August and September
4 week EDD of Oct 4 - Nov 1
Sep 17: used test drive / demo with 1700km attached to my order
Sep 18: removed (rejected) the demo
Sep 21: new EDD of Dec 2022 - Jan 2023

I'm extremely turned off with Tesla right now.

Alright, some updates. Weird situation. Also, yesterday after I received notice for payment notification, and EDD moved to Sep 17-24, I also got notice to schedule delivery, with times on Monday 19th or Tuesday 20th. Kind of odd how quickly they were available.

Quick recap - order early Dec 2021. white Y LR, induction wheels as the only upgrade. Original EDD May-June, then by July it shrunk to 2 weeks, and then 4-5 2 week EDD windows with the final one being Sep 11-25. And then it was pushed to Oct4-Nov1. But yesterday I suddenly received payment notification and EDD moved up to Sep 17 and delivery available Sep 19. VIN 496XXX which is odd as I've notice recent deliveries have VINs 545-549.

I stop by Tesla today. Notice demo Y with dealer plates. Peak at the VIN and its 497XXX. I then see someone taking delivery of a white Y, peak at the VIN quickly and its 547XXX.

I go inside and there's a SA available, and he's pretty helpful. Looks up my account, and says "oh you reserved a demo model?" Me "no, what do you mean?" Him "it shows you have a demo / test drive model from the Sherway location reserved. 1700km on it, but it's discounted." I'm quite confused but I ask about the discount, and turns out to be a whopping $600.

I explain to him my order is from 2021, just continually have EDD moved back, and it was currently Oct-Nov, but yesterday I received payment + delivery email. He found it very odd how that demo was assigned and hasn't seen it happen before unless a customer requests one that is available. Anyway, he removed it from my account, and I was able to log in to see the VIN is gone now. He warned me though that if you reject deliveries like this more than a few times Tesla will cancel your order.

Honestly feels somewhat frustrating. I have a 3, and so this is our second Tesla, and I'm not in a rush for it, but getting continually pushed while seeing more recent orders fulfilled kind of sucks. And then somehow having a demo attached to my order. I don't get it.

Anyway, back to the waiting game.

@Joey_82
i would say so, it seems there are 1 year old orders that are treated badly. I would just roll with it, as there is nowhere to complain, short of tweeting Musk himself with your case. I dont get the logic behind it, you were to be assigned a vehicle and someone just took your away and gave it to somebody else, leaving you stuck with a demo. There is corruption on all levels, I bet there are some moves behind the scenes here as well.

Reactions: Joey_82
Lol is that true re rejecting an order? I figure I should give it some time to settle down. Especially all the reports about them talking about working through the entire backlog in the coming months.
Sorry, it seems as though you got a bum deal due to the reject/weird assign of a demo. I waited just over a year for mine; once you get it you will forget the annoyance of the wait. But I feel your pain especially as it seems there was a mess-up which may have affected your delivery through no fault of your own :(. The app/delivery dates seem to be getting shuffled in the last few days so may you will get a bump soon.

Reactions: Joey_82
Successful delivery! Guess its time to order the next one!
I assumed the following changes in the 2022 vs the 2021 I owned previously:
- new AMD Ryzen MCU, the display is snappy and all but I haven't used it much yet
- new 12v architecture is great and all but the 12v auxiliary wiring to the trainer has been disabled
- CCS is definitely supported (can't remember if the 2021 did or not), but I will hold off on the adaptor purchase for now
- likely has a single-piece front casting, might be lighter, not sure
- probably has heated wipers, I haven't checked but will be pleased come winter if they are
- no mobile connector included, only the J1772 adaptor. but they did provide

These were the surprises:
- added LED projection headlights
- added 12v power supply in the trunk
- no laminated rear glass, only in front

Panel gaps seemed as good as they every have or could be - no complaints there!

MYP - Blue/Black/Tow/No FSD
OD - Aug 28, 2022
EDD - Sept - Oct 29
EDD1 - Oct 2 - Oct 29 (Aug 31)
EDD2 - Oct 4 - 18 (Sept 18)

Was told by a SA that they do not do deliveries in the first 3 weeks of Oct…..anyone know if this is true? If it so, then my EDD2 will prob not be happening and i should just expect a push out :(

Reactions: Lssh54527
Funny you should ask.
I saw my local SA today and he took a look in the system just a few hours ago for my order.
Now I am in a 2 week window Oct 7 Oct 21

He showed me on the screen that the car is to be build on Oct 1 and delivered to the dealer after the 7th. Probable pickup Oct 15-Oct 16
@Leafyblue
That was nice of them to provide you with that additional insight. Hope the EDD is accurate and you get it soon.
I have a current EDD of 10/5-10/19 atm