Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^Big time. Account all updated with VIN and all, got a call from Tesla if I have any questions and so on.
Gotta get the trade-in in order and remove all my junk. Sent email to insurance agent to get a PDF and upload it to the account. Tomorrow - bank.
Funny how after 7 months of sitting around waiting it becomes a big rush to get everything in line to go get the car. I got my trade-in offer yesterday (took 2 days)....not a great offer but about equal to what the other car buying sites were offering after taking into account the tax I'll save if I trade in. Would have to list the car privately to get anything more out of it but I don't want to bother with private sale. So I accepted the trade-in offer and now will go get my certified cheque to pay for the car. Then have to figure out if I want to just do insurance at the delivery center or shop around first.

Still haven't been offered to schedule a delivery date and still don't have the VIN showing in my account other than on the MVPA document where I first discovered it.

@arbitrage000
I have a week to get the affairs in order, it should be sufficient for the bank and insurance and all.
Mine was a decent trade-in, i would say in line with Autotrader and kijijiautos, tax accounted for. For the difference and uncertainty of the value, I said hell yea, take it off my hands. Mind you, my car has a very good resale value, probably the best in ICE. Maybe 1000/1500 under what it was advertised on the net, but you never know how things go and I wouldn't want to deal with tire kickers and low ballers. I almost got what I paid for it 2 years ago and drove it 50.000km.
Pretty excited now, this week is going to be very long, LOL

@arbitrage000
I have a week to get the affairs in order, it should be sufficient for the bank and insurance and all.
Mine was a decent trade-in, i would say in line with Autotrader and kijijiautos, tax accounted for. For the difference and uncertainty of the value, I said hell yea, take it off my hands. Mind you, my car has a very good resale value, probably the best in ICE. Maybe 1000/1500 under what it was advertised on the net, but you never know how things go and I wouldn't want to deal with tire kickers and low ballers. I almost got what I paid for it 2 years ago and drove it 50.000km.
Pretty excited now, this week is going to be very long, LOL
Not a bad idea at all! I was thinking the same with the Tesla trade-in. As soon as I saw my VIN in the source code on Saturday, I posted my car on Craigslist and got immediate interest…ended up selling it TODAY (literally, 2 hours ago), for like 96% more than what Tesla was offering.

And because of that…I ended up switching out EAP and added FSD instead (for the price it was in Jan 2022 based on my OD)! Thank you Craiglist buyer.

Not a bad idea at all! I was thinking the same with the Tesla trade-in. As soon as I saw my VIN in the source code on Saturday, I posted my car on Craigslist and got immediate interest…ended up selling it TODAY (literally, 2 hours ago), for like 96% more than what Tesla was offering.

And because of that…I ended up switching out EAP and added FSD instead (for the price it was in Jan 2022 based on my OD)! Thank you Craiglist buyer.

Wow, crazy. How was it switching EAP for FSD? I notice I can no longer make any changes like that online anymore. Do you have a SA you check with?

Makes sense. I've been curious about possibly changing FSD to EAP, or adding a trade in, but I don't have an SA. Had a great connection with one from my 3 a few years back, but he left Tesla a little while ago. Maybe I need to swing by the store and ask in person.
Have you tried texting the number that texts you when you place your order. My texts seem to be routed to the local SAs and they have been pretty responsive now that delivery day is approaching.

Hi All,

Please what is the best and fastest way to pay Tesla for your car? ie Wire transfer, Bank draft etc?
i am doing a bak draft. Fastest way. One piece of paper changes hands and the deal is done. Wire transfer might take days and the money is in the void in case something goes bad or delayed (think rogers outage)
I would not gamble on it after a 7 months wait.

Reactions: Joey_82
Hi All,

Please what is the best and fastest way to pay Tesla for your car? ie Wire transfer, Bank draft etc?
I'm just going to get a certified check from the bank. My SA gave me the details of who to make it out to and I think they want you to put your RN# on it. Seems fast and easy to me. They do give you the link to do an online transfer but I'm not giving them any money till I inspect the car and know I want to accept it.

Reactions: Joey_82