Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They just dropped the price of 7 seater by $1k in the US.. might also do in Canada?
I wouldn’t hold my breath. Usually when a price drop happens in the US it happens at the same time in Canada otherwise it’s not copied at all.

With the addition of the federal incentive I’m guessing demand in Canada has picked up significantly so they’re probably not in a rush to provide any additional discounts here.

Reactions: gaur
I received a call yesterday at 9am confirming my delivery for today, then another call at 3pm saying it’s delayed until may 4, no other reason other than it hasn’t shown up.

Wife is pretty annoyed, I’m more meh about it, hoping there’s a quick price drop but not holding my breath

Reactions: Shevek
Happy you guys are getting bumped up! I feel slightly like a tool for panicking and jumping ship to 7 seat now but what's done is done. I half think it was meant to be this way for us (7 seat over 5). My pickup is still scheduled for Sat, and they're still telling me it's at my local store instead of an hr plus away where the vehicle was supposed to be going. Getting excited!

Ooooh. Seems to be a whole lot of the Blue/Black build that are getting dates in that mid-May range, so maybe there actually is an influx of them on the way?!
My friend waiting on a Feb 18th order of Blue/Black (no other options) just got his EDD updated from July 8 - Aug 19 all the way forward to May 4 - May 18!!
Big improvement but he doesn't have a VIN yet.
Delivery to Victoria BC.

Reactions: Shevek
Went for a Test drive yesterday, drive was awesome as expected. My 11-year old son absolutely loved the acceleration and the cool things he can do with the screen controls (even tried the rainbow road) :)
While at the Tesla store, wife and kids look at a 7-seater on display. With some seat adjustments, they conclude that the legroom and headroom in the 3rd row is acceptable for short drives. So, we decide to go for that flexibility, spoke to the advisor and grabbed a 7-seater in the inventory.
Delivery date is set to May 7th. Finance amount adjusted. VIN got assigned today.

Now, shopping started for mats, screen protector.

No VIN here either but I ordered floor mats and a mobile charger in anticipation
My VIN was not assigned as well till I reached out to my Tesla advisor this afternoon.
You can try the view pagesource trick and see if it got assigned. I did see my VIN that way before the advisor officially updated it. On your account page, do a view pagesource and search for 7SA (Model Y VINs start with that)

Reactions: figs45