Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would assume that you keep your place in line. I updated it and my order number and EDD is still the same as before. The email indicated that if you do not wish you cancel your order that you needed to update it, which is what I did.

I had checked the inventory in BC and they only had RW options available and most of them had upgrades I did not want (white interior or 7 seater). There was nothing that matched or was close to my original order available.
Just an update. Another EDD. Jul 1-29. So far it has been:

OD: May 14 (Vancouver)
MYLR/MSM/19”/black int/no EAP/no hitch
EDD 1: May-June
EDD2: July 12 - Aug 23
EDD3: June 29-30
Order updated for new range: June 9th
EDD4: June 29-30
EDD5: July 1 - 29

No hidden VIN, waivers or purchase agreement yet.

Just an update. Another EDD. Jul 1-29. So far it has been:

OD: May 14 (Vancouver)
MYLR/MSM/19”/black int/no EAP/no hitch
EDD 1: May-June
EDD2: July 12 - Aug 23
EDD3: June 29-30
Order updated for new range: June 9th
EDD4: June 29-30
EDD5: July 1 - 29

No hidden VIN, waivers or purchase agreement yet.
Thanks for the update. Mine is still stuck at July 10 - Aug 14 and there has been no update since late May (before they cancelled our orders!). I haven’t been able to find any info on when the next shipment from China might arrive 😭

Thanks for the update. Mine is still stuck at July 10 - Aug 14 and there has been no update since late May (before they cancelled our orders!). I haven’t been able to find any info on when the next shipment from China might arrive 😭
There is a shipment arriving in Vancouver on June 17th. I'm pretty sure mine is on it, based on my sleuthing. My order is a MYP - VIN assigned two weeks ago or and delivery is July 4-18 at the moment. According to my VIN analysis, build date is on or around May 22nd.

There is one MYP in inventory in Calgary that has the same build date and ETA to the location is June 17 (info found on waiting for tesla site), so my guess is that mine is on that ship!

I just checked waiting for tesla and there are no LR models, so that isn't a good sign for you (though not determinative, given there is only MYP...).

Reactions: chng
There is a shipment arriving in Vancouver on June 17th. I'm pretty sure mine is on it, based on my sleuthing. My order is a MYP - VIN assigned two weeks ago or and delivery is July 4-18 at the moment. According to my VIN analysis, build date is on or around May 22nd.

There is one MYP in inventory in Calgary that has the same build date and ETA to the location is June 17 (info found on waiting for tesla site), so my guess is that mine is on that ship!

I just checked waiting for tesla and there are no LR models, so that isn't a good sign for you (though not determinative, given there is only MYP...).

Just curious, do you know how often does Tesla have batches arriving Vancouver? I ordered my MYP end of April with white interior...really worried mine will get cancelled as well. Mine still has May - Jul for delivery...praying I will still be able to get US-made to keep the white interior.

There is a post this morning in the Facebook group (model y for Canadian group) that talked about the next shipment from China (on a boat called Morning Cecillie). The post has a link to a shipment tracker of Tesla carriers. Very interesting info!

My EDD date just changed to July 1 - July 29. TBH I wouldn’t have paid much attention to whatever date they give me if they didn’t only allow such a short window (3 days?!) to take delivery when it “suddenly” becomes ready!

Last edited:

Model Y LR
Exterior: White
Interior: Black
5 Seater
19” Gemini Wheels

OD: 4th June
ODD: June- July
EDD: 13 July- 17 August (Updated 14th June)

Question: Are all of the Model Y LR ordered now coming from Giga shangai? And do they come with HW4 and Matrix headlights? Or HW3 and standard headlights?

Thanks for this info, that website is interesting, I hadnt come across it before.
It must show only available inventory, not pre-reserved cars (I hope).

I see the one MYP you mentioned, matches my spec with the exception of the color (I orderded Black).

Fingers crossed mine is arriving along side this white one on WaitingForTesla.

Just curious, do you know how often does Tesla have batches arriving Vancouver? I ordered my MYP end of April with white interior...really worried mine will get cancelled as well. Mine still has May - Jul for delivery...praying I will still be able to get US-made to keep the white interior.
Its not looking good for cars with white interiors as the cars coming from China aren't offed in that option.

Might be worth going into the dealer and mentioning this to see if they can find out more info and/or allocate you an incoming car with Black interior.

Model Y LR
5 Seater
19” Gemini Wheels

Question: Are all of the Model Y LR ordered now coming from Giga shangai? And do they come with HW4 and Matrix headlights? Or HW3 and standard headlights?
Are all of the Model Y LR ordered now coming from Giga shangai?
Yes, this has been the expectation for maybe a month now as all US built cars are staying in the US to take full advantage of government incentives.

And do they come with HW4 and Matrix headlights? Or HW3 and standard headlights?
Is unconfirmed as of yet as we havent had a delivery from China land, however, with the news of recent US deliveries having both HW4/Matrix, I think you can expect them to arrive on the China built cars to Canada also.

Model Y LR
5 Seater
19” Gemini Wheels

Should all be from China now.
China will always have Matrix. Matrix is Tesla's "Global" light and used globally. Only in the US do some cars get their "Premium" headlight still.
So far China cars still on HW3. That could change at any moment but for now set expectations low and expect HW3 with Matrix out of China.

MYSR /WHITE / BLACK / 19 / NO TOW /5 SEAT
OOD 05/01
EDD1 May
EDD2 May-July
EDD3-Jun8-June 20
EDD4-Jun 16th
VIN-Jun 5
Fredericton
Pick up in Halifax

My son ordered a SR M3 on the same day, his EDD went similar to mine, but recently changed to July-Sept, so I feel fortunate that my car is coming when it is.
Picked it up today, and I'm quite impressed with it. Had to drive it 450km home, so I had some time to get acquainted. I noticed in my account, that I had 150km of supercharging credits. My car was received with 99% battery, and I had no J1772 adaptor in my car. There was a glitch with the app, that wouldn't allow me to accept delivery, which delayed me getting back on the road home. Overall, super happy with the car, and the experience.

Picked it up today, and I'm quite impressed with it. Had to drive it 450km home, so I had some time to get acquainted. I noticed in my account, that I had 150km of supercharging credits. My car was received with 99% battery, and I had no J1772 adaptor in my car. There was a glitch with the app, that wouldn't allow me to accept delivery, which delayed me getting back on the road home. Overall, super happy with the car, and the experience.

Did you ask for a J1772 adaptator and did they give one to you?

Same for me : 150 km of free supercharging and no J1772 adaptor...until I found it deep in the bottom left corner of my trunk. No bag, no box, black on black so I missed it. I had requested another one and they had agreed to supply it. But suggested that I check there first, just in case. And there it was :)

Reactions: LeFrankeh
Same for me : 150 km of free supercharging and no J1772 adaptor...until I found it deep in the bottom left corner of my trunk. No bag, no box, black on black so I missed it. I had requested another one and they had agreed to supply it. But suggested that I check there first, just in case. And there it was :)
yes, you're right. Right trunk compartment with the front license plate bracket. I didn't even notice until I had arrived home that it wasn't there. thanks for the tip!