Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pics anyone?
E6052E6D-8253-4233-8D04-ECD22D4E9879.jpeg

I changed the hub cap and that’s basically it. I was the only one in the pick up parking lot with the midnight silver tesla while everyone was white. The couple picking up the car beside me asked if I wanted to trade my tesla for their white tesla lol

I saw it’s not longer on expected ships for New Westminster. What does this mean! Is it skipping Canada?? It’s now saying July 25th for Tacoma.
Credit to @badgamer.yyz for seeing it first, but after doing another westbound loop, MORNING MARGARETA is now at 17 knots, on a direct course to the Juan de Fuca Strait.

Whether she's going to Vancouver or Tacoma, we'll find out soon enough, hopefully!

@604_Dialect I'm so sorry to ask you this, so feel free to ignore me if you can't/don't feel comfortable investigating.

But do you see anything on your end of things that could tell us when MM might make her way back to Vancouver, if at all?

Edit: and just as a side note for all... If they were going to divert to Tacoma, I wish they had done it last week instead of now, with the port strike finally seeing progress towards a resolution.

And why is she still only going 3 knots?? 🤨
Well, I was expecting it to come here, but I looked around and I see it does say Tacoma now... Odd.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptStealthy
Well, I was expecting it to come here, but I looked around and I see it does say Tacoma now... Odd.
Thanks for checking...if she does go south, hopefully they make a quick turn and bring her back to Vancouver before the end of the week.
the Vancouver port is opened. Why she going to Tacoma
It could be that they got tired of waiting for Vancouver to assign them a pier? But that's just a pure guess on my part.

Even if they do go to Tacoma, the SeaTac port schedule says that MM was supposed to arrive on Thursday and stay for only 8 hours. That's not a lot of time, so maybe she's carrying a small amount of American cargo that can be quickly unloaded.

It only takes about 10 to 12 hours to sail from Seattle to Vancouver, so I'm hoping that either the AIS data is wrong and she's still coming to Vancouver, or that it'll be a quick stop before coming back north again.

Anything is better than doing donuts in the middle of the ocean! 😂

Ordered July 5. SA emailed and hidden VIN July 10. Estimated build date June 14 using Tesla data decoder and 1000/day build date in Shanghai for M3s.
Wow, that's a quick turnaround, although you ordered a M3 rather than the ever elusive MYLR, lol.

But yeah, certainly seems like your car was brought over on VIKING SEA (it left Shanghai on June 19) and is now on a train. 😁

Reactions: KaelBrock
The schedule for the Port of Tacoma has been updated - MORNING MARGARETA is indeed expected to dock there tomorrow morning at 0500 😞
On the bright side though, it leaves 13 hours later at 1800.

Hopefully she still makes her way to Vancouver and is able to unload our Teslas on Wednesday or Thursday 🤞

Honestly I don't even know if my Tesla was on the Viking Sea or if it's on the MM. At least if I knew for sure it was on the MM then I won't be so anxious to get a call tomorrow or this week!

Anyone else have an early OD in June and has similar EDD (June 25 - Aug 5)?

Honestly I don't even know if my Tesla was on the Viking Sea or if it's on the MM. At least if I knew for sure it was on the MM then I won't be so anxious to get a call tomorrow or this week!

Anyone else have an early OD in June and has similar EDD (June 25 - Aug 5)?
My OD was June 21, and my EDD currently is July 24 to Aug 7 - although I fully expect that to be pushed back again.

I am stumped as to why Vancouver is not taking in any more vehicle carriers at the moment - it appears that two of them (MORNING MARGARETA and ANDROMEDA SPIRIT - the latter is not a Tesla ship) were supposed to arrive between today and tomorrow, and it seems like both of them are diverting to Tacoma. ONYX ARROW (not a Tesla ship) is being brought in to Annacis tomorrow, but the other two piers for vehicle carriers are not being used.

The only explanation I can think of is that there are too many vehicles already parked at the port, and there is no room to unload any more at the moment. That would explain why MM is going down to Tacoma - they may be hoping to clear the backlog by the time she comes back.

If any of you Vancouverites are passing nearby the port, can any of you swing by Fraser Wharves or Annacis and just see if there are still a ton of vehicles parked there?

Or for those of you in Vancouver that have Tesla pickups scheduled, are any of you picking up around Wednesday or Thursday? Because that would also line up with them getting cars out of the port between today and tomorrow...

Reactions: teanguyen604
Wow, that's a quick turnaround, although you ordered a M3 rather than the ever elusive MYLR, lol.

But yeah, certainly seems like your car was brought over on VIKING SEA (it left Shanghai on June 19) and is now on a train. 😁
I do have a question based on the info you just provided. My OD was June 4. Build date 16th June. What are the odds of my car being on the Viking Sea vs MM???