Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canada Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone waiting for the RWD LFP Model Y. I got mine last month on the 13th. Just finished a 420 km trip, averaging 130wh per km with the 57kw usable LFPbattery ! 95% highway at 110 to 120km/h plus some traffic. Car was loaded with luggage 2 adults 2 kids AC at 21.5c & tires 42psi set in cold morning when I picked it up.
130wh per km loaded is way better then I expected !
Yes winter ❄️ we will see lol

I don’t typically drive not pay attention like this but good to know what it’s capable of for any nerds out there.

What do these instructions look like out of curiosity lol - my SA doesn't even reply to me haha

It's got a whole bunch of info - I've included the generic stuff below but left out the stuff specific to my order/delivery:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Info specific to my order / delivery
Delivery Location, Delivery Appointment, Payment Details, Registration Info, Insurance Requirements / Details

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

More generic stuff:

Home Charging:

You will need to prepare how you plan to charge your Tesla. In terms of charging, the options you have available to purchase are:

Tesla Wall Connector - with a 24' cable

Mobile Connector - with a 20' cable

You can learn more about Home Charging and find a list of local electricians on our website here.

Please note that your Tesla will come with the J1772 adaptor that will let you plug into the most common non-Tesla charging stations.

Before Delivery Day:

• To maximize immediate enjoyment of your Tesla, please ensure you watch this short video series or you may also view them here on YouTube, which will get you comfortable with the essential features of your Tesla.
  • DOWNLOAD THE TESLA APP - Either via the App Store or Google Play and you may learn more about the app here.
Get to Know Your Tesla - Canada

Join us for a live chat with our product experts from the comfort of home.

Kindly RSVP with your Tesla Account credentials and you will receive a confirmation email with the link to attend. For the best experience, we recommend using a desktop or laptop computer and downloading Microsoft Teams in advance. Thank you for accelerating the world to sustainable energy.

On Delivery Day:

• The majority of your experience will take place outside of the showroom, inside of your new Tesla vehicle!
  • Upon arrival please let one of our showroom Advisors know that you are here for delivery.
  • Registration/ownership (green slip) will be inside your vehicle for you.
  • Your vehicle will have the required license plates pre-installed for your convenience.
Your Tesla also has built-in tutorial videos to help ensure you are comfortable with the essential features of your vehicle, which you can explore directly from your Tesla’s touchscreen while parked!

• After your delivery, you will gain access to the Tesla mobile app, which will allow you to set-up your phone as an additional vehicle key. You will be provided 2 physical keys we recommend keeping on you when operating your Tesla.

For anyone waiting for the RWD LFP Model Y. I got mine last month on the 13th. Just finished a 420 km trip, averaging 130wh per km with the 57kw usable LFPbattery ! 95% highway at 110 to 120km/h plus some traffic. Car was loaded with luggage 2 adults 2 kids AC at 21.5c & tires 42psi set in cold morning when I picked it up.

I don’t typically drive not pay attention like this but good to know what it’s capable of for any nerds out there.
I picked up MY LR on 18th last month. 3800Km with 4 adults(driver included) 90% of the time. My average ~160wh per km. Is it good?

The price for Model Y had been reduced by $700 in July in most of regions in Canada already. I am hoping more to come before my delivery.

Does this mean that the MY LR AWDs being delivered now in Canada also have the LFP battery chemistry? This was a question I couldn't get answered from Tesla. I assume it's still HW3?

Does this mean that the MY LR AWDs being delivered now in Canada also have the LFP battery chemistry? This was a question I couldn't get answered from Tesla. I assume it's still HW3?
Only MY SR has the LFP.
The LR and P have NCA battery but different manufacturer of the battery than the ones used in the US. This is why the range is slightly lower than a US produced car.

Dang I feel bad for the people who ordered in June. I ordered on July 1st and it still feels like it's been an eternity. Thankfully you're getting it soon!
I was quite happy to see that text and email come through! Icing on the cake is I haven't had a car since end of May because my old car got written off in a collision with a deer so I like to joke I've been under house arrest lol

Reactions: SamGr
I was quite happy to see that text and email come through! Icing on the cake is I haven't had a car since end of May because my old car got written off in a collision with a deer so I like to joke I've been under house arrest lol
Oh no! Sorry to hear that happened to you. I've had a few close calls with deer myself and it's scary for sure. Hope you're alright.

Haha it definitely is a struggle to get around without a car. Especially here in the GTHA where everything is car-centric

Reactions: SamGr
I'm picking up my MYLR on Saturday.

China VIN
June 27th HW3 / matrix
BT43 LG Battery Pack

This probably sounds like a broken record but I'm still on the fence about HW3 versus HW4 to the point where I'm losing sleep over it lol.

I'm going to keep the car for at least 5 years. I don't plan on using self driving but having the lower quality cameras concerns me. Also if HW4 start shipping within a couple of months I'll feel like a chump lol.

Reactions: Bob123
I'm picking up my MYLR on Saturday.

China VIN
June 27th HW3 / matrix
BT43 LG Battery Pack

This probably sounds like a broken record but I'm still on the fence about HW3 versus HW4 to the point where I'm losing sleep over it lol.

I'm going to keep the car for at least 5 years. I don't plan on using self driving but having the lower quality cameras concerns me. Also if HW4 start shipping within a couple of months I'll feel like a chump lol.
You know this was always the game with tesla, as soon as HW4 comes out the new Model 3 will come out, and in a year the new Juniper model Y will come out with vented seats front bumper camera, the new M3P battery etc. and as soon as that happens within a year some new update will be lurking around the corner.
Never ends enjoy your ride !

Has anyone's MVPA and VIN disappeared all of a sudden? My EDD range remains the same for now.

My Tesla SA confirmed earlier today that the car is expected to arrive during the first week of September (Toronto), I got this text before I checked my account.