Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

car needs service unable to dc fast charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"car needs service unable to dc fast charge" this popped up this morning after a failed supercharge 3 days ago on my 2015 p85d i called the service centre and it needs to go in for repair anyone seen this before, i am told its a problem with the charging circiut..

they are coming to pick it up on 2nd june and leave a loaner its done 17k miles and i only use the superchargers once every two weeks

it originally stopped charging on sunday at a supercharger (it had been raining) i unplugged and restarted and was fine then a fault showed this morning, i called the service center and the told me it was them that knocked out dc fast charge after looking at the logs, and it needs to go in for investigation.

Yes - I had this message before. Apparently there was a leak near the charge port which resulted in some water ingress (your issue may of course be different). Charge port and a cable (inside car) needed to be replaced.

Car was in and out in a day and has not happened since.

Reactions: Sergeiest
I got this error and symptom after attempting to supercharge last night. Fortunately I had sufficient range to get home and charging from 240VAC here still functions. SC indicates (after viewing the logs) that a fuse in the DC charging circuit is blown. Not sure why -- perhaps a malfunction of the Supercharger or some additional problem with the car (TBD). Going in for service next week.

• Helpful
Reactions: apacheguy
I got this error and symptom after attempting to supercharge last night. Fortunately I had sufficient range to get home and charging from 240VAC here still functions. SC indicates (after viewing the logs) that a fuse in the DC charging circuit is blown. Not sure why -- perhaps a malfunction of the Supercharger or some additional problem with the car (TBD). Going in for service next week.

did you have heavy rain prior to the fault when it occured on mine it was pouring down..

While it isn't an active participant in Supercharging certain failure modes of the charger will prevent Supercharging. So it is involved.

I'm struggling to think of a scenario where it would be involved. The HVJB relays completely bypass the onboard chargers while supercharging. Thus, they are isolated.

Unless there is a short which carries through all the way to the DCDC converter (in which case the HVIL would trigger and the car wouln't even be driveable).