Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Car won't wake from app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There seems to be a pattern developing. Mine still won't wake up from either iOS or Android. Just tried, and it times out, with the Android app reporting that the car last updated it on 17th September, which is when the connectivity problem started (I've not managed to get the Android tablet to connect to the car since then, although my phone has a few times after the car's been unlocked with the fob).

The other change is that it's now waking up by itself in the early morning and staying awake for a couple of hours. Historically it used to wake up at about 00:15 each night, and stay awake for about 10 to 15 minutes, before going back to sleep (if not being charged that night). Now it wakes up each morning and stays awake for maybe a couple of hours.

• Funny
Reactions: Nell
There seems to be a pattern developing. Mine still won't wake up from either iOS or Android. Just tried, and it times out, with the Android app reporting that the car last updated it on 17th September, which is when the connectivity problem started (I've not managed to get the Android tablet to connect to the car since then, although my phone has a few times after the car's been unlocked with the fob).

The other change is that it's now waking up by itself in the early morning and staying awake for a couple of hours. Historically it used to wake up at about 00:15 each night, and stay awake for about 10 to 15 minutes, before going back to sleep (if not being charged that night). Now it wakes up each morning and stays awake for maybe a couple of hours.
I think there is a general consensus that it started on the 17th. that is when this thread started as well but I am not sure we are any closer to knowing why. Does not affect everyone and there seems no pattern to who it does affect.
It seems to be that the mothership is receiving the wakeup request but it never reaches the car meaning it could be Teslas servers. The mobile network or the car that is the problem. the only part of that we have first hand knowledge of is the cars and nothing has changed at the car end that we are aware of. I don't know that we have any tools by which we can investigate further.
I have had no response to my service request yet but I would still encourage as many people as possible to raise one anyway so Tesla know the scale of the problem.

Pain in the backside this bug

Not able to wake the car up in morning to get my car warm :/

Also if you go shopping/other activity and leave the car for it to then sleep. Then on return later the car wont open unless you show it your card/Phone to the drivers pillar.

Can connect if car already awake.

Hello from Spain! (again) :)

We have developed a hypothesis about this problem among the members of the TOC Spain (specifically, owners of M3s).

It seems that the problem affects only to cars with a Movistar eSIM. The few cars which have a KPN Netherlands eSIM (KPN uses the Orange cellular network for roaming in Spain) do NOT suffer this problem. We are still collecting more data, but our hypothesis holds so far.

Hello. The mobile carrier can be inferred from the IP address assigned to the LTE interface. Open the car web browser and go to whatismyipaddress.com. It shows the owner of the address block to which the car’s IP belongs.

I'll go and do this in a minute. Maybe a few other folks can do the same so we get a sample of GSM/LTE provider coverage