Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CCS Adapter - ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered from this company early July. They shipped early September (as told when I ordered)
Search tesplus ccs adapter
$250

Interesting. I have that supplier here in this list of new (2022) sources of CCS1 adapters. The TesPlus webpage says that their adapter sells for $250 (as you said) and will ship in "Late October." But it is supposed to be the exact same product as the Tesla-copy CCS1 adapter on Hansshow/Hautopart.com webpage, which sells for $319 and I'm told is available now. So I am not sure exactly what is going on with the TesPlus and Hansshow CCS1 adapters.

Glad you received it. Please report to us how it performs. And if you can compare it to an OEM Tesla-Korea adapter (belonging to someone else) at the same charging station, that would be helpful. (I'd also like a side-by-side tear-down comparison of both products, but that is asking a little much. :) )

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: alexcue
I think I’m the only one that believes not selling them here right now is a good move. The CCS networks could get really stressed in the near future with slow charging cars and cars/trucks with huge packs being charged to full by novice EVers. Adding in cheap Tesla owners like me might make things worse for an already suspect network.

Ultimately I hope EVs become more prevalent and think the largest hurdle might just be the CCS network. Admittedly when I go to my local EVGO to get that sweet cheap electricity, there is very rarely another EV. (Usually a bolt plugged into one of the 350kw chargers) 🤣

Interesting. I have that supplier here in this list of new (2022) sources of CCS1 adapters. The TesPlus webpage says that their adapter sells for $250 (as you said) and will ship in "Late October." But it is supposed to be the exact same product as the Tesla-copy CCS1 adapter on Hansshow/Hautopart.com webpage, which sells for $319 and I'm told is available now. So I am not sure exactly what is going on with the TesPlus and Hansshow CCS1 adapters.

Glad you received it. Please report to us how it performs. And if you can compare it to an OEM Tesla-Korea adapter (belonging to someone else) at the same charging station, that would be helpful. (I'd also like a side-by-side tear-down comparison of both products, but that is asking a little much. :) )
Tesplus IS hansshow, just a different name, I think after coupon you can get the hansshow one for $213..

The box that is shown is the same as the hansshow one.

• Informative
Reactions: tps5352
Let me know if you are interested in selling, I might be interested depending on the price (willing to overpay but not at $700 though)...
If my MYP ever comes I'd like to use it at least once :p But I still have a free Electrify America plan for another 2 years, so it may be in my best interest to use CCS as much as possible with this new car.

Reactions: Undisclosed
I think I’m the only one that believes not selling them here right now is a good move. The CCS networks could get really stressed in the near future with slow charging cars and cars/trucks with huge packs being charged to full by novice EVers. Adding in cheap Tesla owners like me might make things worse for an already suspect network.

Ultimately I hope EVs become more prevalent and think the largest hurdle might just be the CCS network. Admittedly when I go to my local EVGO to get that sweet cheap electricity, there is very rarely another EV. (Usually a bolt plugged into one of the 350kw chargers) 🤣

Interesting theory, but where I'm from it's critical to have an adapter, simply because there are so few Superchargers nearby. If I want to drive East the next supercharger isn't for 400km, so my 2022 RWD might not make it on a single charge. To the west of me it's even more ridiculous, there are NO superchargers for 800km. And north of me is the same, no superchargers until Alaska.

When Tesla starts selling its adapter in the US it with instantly become a problem for CCS stations in congested supercharger areas. It’s possible the government asked Tesla to delay the sale of the adapter in North America. If Tesla really doesn’t want these adapters sold they will go after them in court. Maybe Tesla is working on a DC fast charger adapter for CCS cars to use regular Tesla superchargers.

CCS.jpg

I bought this guy back in June. thinking I would need it, but finding out tesla's network supports my driving just fine.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
I’m on my second road-trip this weekend and def using it again. On my usual route there is a few CCS in conjunction with the Tesla superchargers. .43 vs .30/kWh , you tell me what would you do ?!
Well, if the experience is like my last EA experience I would pay more to use the Supercharger. Only one cable out of 5 on the site worked, and it would error out after 5-10 minutes. So you couldn't go anywhere to do something and come back to the charge being completed. I had to sit there and disconnect, reconnect, every time it failed.

Otherwise if the CCS chargers were reliable, cheaper, available, and convenient I would use CCS over the Supercharger. (Maybe when EA gets done replacing their crappy hardware and the NEVI chargers have been installed in ~2-4 years that might be the case.)

I think it makes sense to try EA when it's located close to Supercharger location but otherwise it's a lot riskier. In 4 years I've never been disatisfied with the Supercharger network, it was actually the deciding factor that made owning an EV viable for me when I bought. However, it's been a bit jarring to see the prices go up from ~.25/kWh to ~43/kWh today.

Even still, if we use .30/kWh as the price for EA/CCS and .43/kWh for SuC, it takes a lot of charging to make up for the cost of the adapter alone. If you were to use $250 as the price of CCS adapter it would still require 1923kWh or ~23.5 full 0-100% charging sessions (for 82kWh pack) to break even on cost.

I think the real deciding factor for buying a CCS adapter should only be if you cannot easily travel on the SuC network and/or you have access to very cheap or free CCS charging,

I’m on my second road-trip this weekend and def using it again. On my usual route there is a few CCS in conjunction with the Tesla superchargers. .43 vs .30/kWh , you tell me what would you do ?!
Charge at home for .14.

If were talking about the difference of a few bucks at the end of the charging session, I wouldn't drive out of my way to goto a EA over a tesla.