Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ChargeFox EV charging Network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ahh yes. Wollongong is the exception I knew existed but wasn't coming to me... to bring this post full circle (and back on topic!) there is a Chargefox 350 kW planned for Shellharbour.

Noosa does have a CCS1 one but there are some CCS2 sites on the Bruce Highway.

Adelaide Franklin St does have a CCS1 as well but there is a CCS2 in the parking bay next door, and 4 supercharger stalls right opposite :)

#1-13 - active

#14-16 - under construction - Cooma, Shellcove, Karuah

So for #17-22 I looked at the last six locations.

The following have addresses listed in the app:
Moonee Beach, Port Macquarie, Horsham, Perth, Australind

I checked each address on Google Street View - all suggest its not the location - looking for both the concrete wall pattern (which might be newer that the street view imagery) but also the house with the red roof and yellow chimney in the background. I couldn't find either in any of the five areas listed above.

That leaves Adelaide. Not only is the address not shown, the description says "Greater Adelaide" and the dot is between Adelaide and Murray Bridge. This will be a hard one to pinpoint. I'm going to start with shopping centres around Murray Bridge though!

Reactions: baillies
Yep, it's Murray Bridge, Mary Terrace.

Mildura to Adelaide (395km) is a bit of a close call for our X but Mildura to Murray Bridge (338km) is definitely doable. Be good if someone put chargers at Pinnaroo, then Balranald NRMA (coming soon hopefully) direct to Murray Bridge is possible (also a good bakery at Pinnaroo).
Chargefox put out an email recently asking for location suggestions.

Karuah is not really “under construction”. The hardware installation was finished in December, it’s just been waiting for the power to be connected for 6 months! Chargefox say hopefully this month.
Karuah is finally operational! Opened today, along with Shell Cove (south of Wollongong). Karuah will be a very nice spot to stop on longer drives north of Sydney.

I recharged at Shell Cove last weekend 5 times (out of 7 attempts). One time I still had 40% and came back later. The other time I had 11% and made it to Berry on my last few elections.

(And when I reached Berry I checked and Shell Cove was back online - AARRGHHH!).

Shell Cove’s chargers need a mobile data service of their own to talk to Chargefox’s billing system before it’ll start charging. Their data link goes up and down. My suspicion is they installed the mobile repeater way too close to the chargers and it’s being overwhelmed by the strong signal. But it could be anything. Either way it’s more stable during the day when lots of people and lots of phones are also around.

Last edited:
Shell Cove’s chargers need a mobile data service to talk to Chargefox’s billing system before it’ll start charging. Their data link goes up and down. My suspicion is they installed the mobile repeater way too close to the chargers and it’s being overwhelmed by the strong signal. But it could be anything. Either way it’s more stable during the day when lots of people and lots of phones are also around.

I read something about when they did the initial tests before construction it was all good, but between then and commissioning a new building was built between the tower and the chargers. Therefore the signal is less than expected.