Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coronavirus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The VA Told Employees to Keep Coming to Work – Now Several Have the Coronavirus - Voice of San Diego

Employees at the Department of Veterans Affairs in San Diego say they’re not being allowed to work remotely and have been required to use personal leave in order to quarantine themselves at home – even as several employees have tested positive for the novel coronavirus and many others await test results.

Voice of San Diego spoke with more than a dozen employees from multiple departments in the regional VA.
Employees in departments like mental health and social work, which are doing most of their work by phone and by video, have been asked to come in, despite employee requests to work remotely. Employees who wanted to quarantine or were told by their doctor to do so said they were forced into an unappealing dilemma: Either use annual leave or take time off unpaid, or come into the office to work.

“It just feels like no one is looking out for us,” one of the employees said. Voice of San Diego is withholding the names of individual employees because they fear retaliation from their employer.

sometimes, I really hate the human race. ;(

That is an after the fact rationalization for screwing up. They had a playbook, and they tossed it and the people on the NSC who created it, and were therefore totally unprepared for what happened.
Perhaps not. One would have to read the 'updated' materials. E.g., the white house playbook might read

"Fire the experts, and pray."

That is an after the fact rationalization for screwing up. They had a playbook, and they tossed it and the people on the NSC who created it, and were therefore totally unprepared for what happened.

That is a direct quote from that conspiracy theory article. Do you have anything to back up your CT?

Quiz: Exactly how would you prepare for the next disaster?

After you tell me your idea, then I get to pick the disaster. I'll make it easier. It won't be a Yellowstone super-volcano.

Last edited:
d of coronavirus, the FBI said Wednesday."

"The shooting occurred when the FBI tried to arrest Wilson when he arrived to pick up what he thought was a car bomb. But there was no actual bomb and authorities say no members of the public were ever in danger during the investigation."

wilson.png

"dont blame me, it was the other wilson!"

How many people don't have personal leave to cover this? For that matter how much personal leave do you think you'd need to cover this?

I tend to end up maxed out on comp time as I don't take time off as fast as I accrue it (has happened at 2 of my last 3 jobs) so I don't see a problem with using comp time for this issue myself. I guess I have a month or so worth banked up and I need to start using it as fast as I accrue it. Not sure if any has rolled off due to the cap yet.

New ideas to stop the spread:

1) Only one person should do the dishes and laundry to minimize risk. Teenagers are more resilient so they are the first choice.
2) Money can carry C19 - Mail it to me to be tested. Testing results will be posted online and samples will be safely disposed of.
3) Only one person should touch the TV remote. To protect the most at-risk person, it should be Dad.

Yes, it's slow here today.
Works for me. Where should I send my money?

How many people don't have personal leave to cover this? For that matter how much personal leave do you think you'd need to cover this?

I tend to end up maxed out on comp time as I don't take time off as fast as I accrue it (has happened at 2 of my last 3 jobs) so I don't see a problem with using comp time for this issue myself. I guess I have a month or so worth banked up and I need to start using it as fast as I accrue it. Not sure if any has rolled off due to the cap yet.

I tend to max out on my vacation days too but sadly some people have health problems or family issues and have to take leave often.

Many companies don't allow banking comp time or vacation time anymore (they might actually have to let the employees take it). Comp time has to be taken the same week, and vacation time the year it was earned, or it's lost.

Hong Kong's lesson: Defeating Covid-19 demands persistence - STAT

We should all be prepared for waves ...

Epidemiologists and journalists lauded the Chinese territory for controlling the spread, and Hong Kongers emerged from their tiny apartments to resume life. They headed back to work and the gym, even dined out for noodles and dim sum, as they welcomed home residents and students who had been stuck overseas.​

With most everyone’s guard down, the predator lashed back last week. Cases of Covid-19 surged.​

Last edited:
This has been done successfully since around 1900 with Yellow Fever when a man named Oswaldo Cruz began to do such things. Possibly others before him.
In the '70s I spent a few days in a small town named Osvaldo Cruz in Sao Paulo state. Is there a connection to the good doctor?

Looks like yesterday's low counts in WA were an aberration or data collection problem. King County +218 today and Snohomish looks to be +130-ish. Deaths +16 representing 12% growth.

Reactions: jbcarioca
looks like you're doing a raft. do you really want a raft or a smooth surface?

mine is past the hatch/fill part so it should be done in a few more hours. then to do the part you already have done.

I'm a complete novice on 3D printing. I've had the printer 18 months, and only used it once. Just never have time to play with it. If it comes out and is usable, I'll be happy.

Reactions: Sean Wagner
I suggest a brim of 12 or 16 lines around, no raft, 20% fill for the solid areas.

rafting really makes a rough surface on the bottom.

I also swear by the stippled glass bed, for flatness:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RJ3ZMGD

(you'll need one your size; make sure that removeable glass base does not have foam stick tape on the bottom; you don't want that, it will wreak havoc with your bed levelling).

wipe the surface with IPA before printing. oh right, no one has any IPA left, forgot...

• Informative
Reactions: bkp_duke
Yahoo has an article titled “Shock claim: Deaths will top 80,000 in the next four months”. That’s shocking?
Why didn’t we shut down the economy in 2018 when 60,000+ died in the US from the flu? Why didn’t we spend $6 trillion when 43,000 people died from opioid overdose in 2019?

The part that you conveniently left out of the title is: "despite confinement". The cost of "only" having 80'000 deaths is the shutdown and $6 trillion.

Doing nothing doesn't get us to 80'000 deaths, it gets us to 15 million+ deaths.

I'm a complete novice on 3D printing. I've had the printer 18 months, and only used it once. Just never have time to play with it. If it comes out and is usable, I'll be happy.

interesting fact: many 3d printer filament makers are in WUHAN. e-sun is one of them, that I know of.

so, we're using some wuhan tech to help fix the problem.

(divide by zero error?)