Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Creep ON or OFF?

Creep ON or OFF?

• Creep ON

Votes: 152 34.8%
  • Creep OFF

Votes: 277 63.4%
  • I have no idea what you're talking about! What is this Creep Stuff all about?

Votes: 8 1.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't decided yet. I thought coming from a manual I'd love creep off, but during my test drive we stopped on a very small slope, and having the car roll backwards as soon as I let go of the brake was a weird experience... I'm used to 2 foot driving with a stick, but this wasn't a stick!

Creep Mode off.

"Vehicle Hold" works flawlessly when you are on any kind of slope. Easy to engage, even easier to disengage, it is the perfect solution. However, any driver who switches between the Tesla and an automatic transmission car should set her profile to "creep" to avoid confusion.

Reactions: Jaff
In my garage the ideal parking position for walking around the front of the car, but with enough room to close the door behind it, requires stopping 26 inches before the wall as measured by the ultrasonics. I tried creep off but it's much harder to stop at that exact point with creep off than by feathering the brake with creep on. So it's creep on.

I keep mine on. Honestly, I cant imagine "lightly tapping the accelerator" as I inch closer to a wall. The car has too much power.

Creep On.

If you perform the actual action of "lightly tapping" on the accelerator, I would imagine that is true. I do not tap it, I feather/give it light, constant pressure. I can control the speed very well like this, even maintaining <1 mph to park my car.

That said, you should always do what is most comfortable for you. I'm just saying that tapping would indeed cause the car to jump too far.

If you perform the actual action of "lightly tapping" on the accelerator, I would imagine that is true. I do not tap it, I feather/give it light, constant pressure. I can control the speed very well like this, even maintaining <1 mph to park my car.

That said, you should always do what is most comfortable for you. I'm just saying that tapping would indeed cause the car to jump too far.

Seems like voters are with you, I was actually surprised by the polling outcome. Maybe it's my inability to shed "ICE Syndrome" causes my need for creep

;)