Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey anyone heard if they will honor the fsd transfer after sept? My in-law heard that Elon mentioned in an interview that it was a possibility within a reasonable time not quoting but something like that. Idk 🤷‍♂️ since it hasnt been confirmed yet. I ordered mine 9/1 my 4rth edd is 10/5 - 10/12 im in IL

• Helpful
Reactions: icipher
The roof panels DO still have USS to gauge clearance above the car, but I believe they removed them from the doors. Overall I've not seen much of an impact to their operation other than they stay tucked in towards the car until they are above the roofline. The front doors, OTOH...
It’s actually the other way around. The USS sensors are on the bottom panel of the FWD behind the black panel. They removed the USS on the roof. Thus it’s a lot more conservative when gauging distance immediately above the vehicle. At least that’s what the sales guy told me during the test drive.

It’s actually the other way around. The USS sensors are on the bottom panel of the FWD behind the black panel. They removed the USS on the roof. Thus it’s a lot more conservative when gauging distance immediately above the vehicle. At least that’s what the sales guy told me during the test drive.
I'm not sure then, because just from inspection it appears to have the USSs on the roof, and I assumed from the very conservative behavior in the FWD swing-out that they had removed them from the doors themselves. Either way, I found them functional in and out of a building in my overnight test drive.

Ordered 9/22 (Black/Black LR 5 seats)

Cincinnati, OH pickup shows Nov-Dec 2023. Hope it’s a Dec delivery as Tesla generally pushes out big incentives at the end of the quarter/year.

Selling 2022 MYP white/white
Good luck getting additional incentives added. I tried that with Tesla and they gave me a firm “no” and stated any new incentives are only available to new orders.

You guys are just killing the whole model x experience by calling it the poverty edition just terrible lol
I added the “poverty spec” tag to this thread so it’s official…as a soon to be owner of one! 😂

1695699242517.png

Just logically thinking about it, it would make sense that if they removed either the USS on the door or the roof. The sensors on the door would allow it to detect side obstructions during the initial opening of the FWD. Then when it swings upwards, the same sensor can detect overhead obstruction. If it’s on the roof only, then there’s no way it can detect side obstruction. Though unless they are using the side cameras for vision detection.

But the sales guy told me it’s only in the FWD now. 🤷

Ordered MXP red/cream/yoke/20" 9/7
Delivery moved to Dec-Jan
Found identical but LR in transit last week and moved my order to ensure FSD Xfer w/ 9/28 delivery (worth giving up on Plaid?)
Originally had to drive 8 hours to S FL for pickup (online chat said couldn't change delivery location even though the route passes my location in the panhandle)
Delivery mgr confirmed delivery w. me last Friday and was aware I had to drive 8 hours and didn't suggest he could change delivery location to make it closer for me and less travel for Tesla.
Called today and SA was able to drop the X at the closest location only 2 hours from me, saving Tesla 10 hours of transport and me 16 hours and 2 days of travel. Not sure why it took until today for Tesla to figure out to drop the car off closer to me

Reactions: rmenk
Ordered MXP red/cream/yoke/20" 9/7
Delivery moved to Dec-Jan
Found identical but LR in transit last week and moved my order to ensure FSD Xfer w/ 9/28 delivery (worth giving up on Plaid?)
Originally had to drive 8 hours to S FL for pickup (online chat said couldn't change delivery location even though the route passes my location in the panhandle)
Delivery mgr confirmed delivery w. me last Friday and was aware I had to drive 8 hours and didn't suggest he could change delivery location to make it closer for me and less travel for Tesla.
Called today and SA was able to drop the X at the closest location only 2 hours from me, saving Tesla 10 hours of transport and me 16 hours and 2 days of travel. Not sure why it took until today for Tesla to figure out to drop the car off closer to me
I also wanted the plaid but LR is still very fast and most likely we wont be launching that fast all the time anyway lol I changed my mind when i really thought about it yea it would be awesome to have all that power but when can you really really use it?

They retained USS for the FWD.
Has anyone tried a retro fit? Are the USS in the black plastic trim? I have a 2019, and I certainly like the door actually opening for me to fit in. I can approach my car, get in, and foot on brake, not even touch the door. Just like Tesla to remove useful things before they actually have a working replacement. RE: Rain sensor.

Has anyone tried a retro fit? Are the USS in the black plastic trim? I have a 2019, and I certainly like the door actually opening for me to fit in. I can approach my car, get in, and foot on brake, not even touch the door. Just like Tesla to remove useful things before they actually have a working replacement. RE: Rain sensor.
current 2023 x falcons wings operate similarly i.e. foot on break to close nothing different

I don’t think there’s a retrofit for the front doors - seriously hoping Tesla Vision will eventually correct this and allow the driver/passenger doors to open fully. Only the FWD have USS.